Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im sick

Options
  • 02-06-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

ive been getting sick all day - pounding headace - dizzy, anyone know what your supposed to do if im still like this tomorrow
    worst timing ever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garf

Go into the exam tomorrow even if you are vomiting. Go up to the superintendents' desk straight away and tell them the story (or get one of your friends to or one of your parents/guardians if you are unable - but be there with them).

As long as you are under the superintendents' control, they could wait until you are feeling better and get you to do the exam later in the day (you wouldn't have been able to see the paper in advance that way), and if you are still feeling ill later in the day they can execute a plan B if they were given one.

If you don't go into school at all you'll lose 50% of your potential English marks (as far as I know). (And if you do Home Economics you'll get 0 marks for your written paper.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

I was the same on Sunday I had a temp of 105F, dizzy etc. Go to your GP if you can, if not take 2 panadol every 4 hours and drink plenty of water.
    If you have a temp get it down!!
    Not much more I can say but good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

sooo unlucky to be sick during exams! :( I was sick during the mocks, it's actually terrible. but there's nothing you can do really except just go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

yeah pretty much what i thought hopefully i can pull it together for tomorrow thankfully all i have is English, the vomitings subsided so fingers crossed that means im recovering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Aww get better soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

If I was you id go to bed very early, and get a ot fo rest. As I suppose luckily, you have English P1 tomorrow, and in fairness you cant do that much study for that paper really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we were told that if we were feeling sick to go in and tell the principal or vice principal, they'll say it to the supervisor and then maybe if you are feeling really bad you can leave for a few minutes for air and they'll give you tea or water or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't risk taking any medication.

Coupled with your illness and the stress that goes with it, any medication could cause side effects.

Advertisement