Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers comedy festival

Options
  • 02-06-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

(i love the fact that we can talk about this now)

the bulmers comedy festival is back this september in venues around dublin. so far announced:

In the olympia

Michael Mc Intyre 6th,
    Kevin McAleer 12th,
    Jimmy Carr 17th,
    Rich Hall Mon 21st,
    Janeane Garofalo and Al Madrigal 23rd,
    from the Axis of Evil: Maz Jobrani on the 26th.

At the Academy
    Dan Antopolski 17th,
    Guy Pratt 12th

In the Sugar Club,
    the return of the amazing Dead Cat Bounce on the 22nd.

some very good shows lined up....any opinions? comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

(i love the fact that we can talk about this now)

the bulmers comedy festival is back this september in venues around dublin. so far announced:

In the olympia

Michael Mc Intyre 6th,
    Kevin McAleer 12th,
    Jimmy Carr 17th,
    Rich Hall Mon 21st,
    Janeane Garofalo and Al Madrigal 23rd,
    from the Axis of Evil: Maz Jobrani on the 26th.

At the Academy
    Dan Antopolski 17th,
    Guy Pratt 12th

In the Sugar Club,
    the return of the amazing Dead Cat Bounce on the 22nd.

some very good shows lined up....any opinions? comments?

Well per my Cat Laugh review, I think Dead Cat Bounce are brilliant so I'll be telling lots of friends to go to that.

Haven't seen Kevin McAleer in years so I'll definitely go see him. He's superb. Saw Jimmy Carr last year but might go again. I have Dylan Moran tickets for September but I'm not sure if he's part of the Bulmer's line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Eglinton wrote: »
    I have Dylan Moran tickets for September but I'm not sure if he's part of the Bulmer's line up.

no he's not, thats just this own tour, actually now that we can talk about it, thats an aiken promotions gig whereas the bulmers is our friends at MCD! im goin to see him, too, cant wait!

i would definatley reccommend everyone to go see michael mcintyre in the olympia, saw him in kilkenny a few years ago and he was brilliant, and his is the fastest selling debut comedy dvd of all time so that says something!

also rich hall is going to be brilliant, he always is and by this point i have lost count of how many times i have seen him (twice over the kilkenny weekend) the man is an absolute legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

i'm assuming this is an over 18's event....sorry i realise this is probably a stupid question, i just cant find anything to state that it is....although sponsorship by Bulmers would make me think it's over 18's. i just want to bring my brother to see Stephen Lynch... anyway any clarification on this would be great. thanks

i'm assuming this is an over 18's event....sorry i realise this is probably a stupid question, i just cant find anything to state that it is....although sponsorship by Bulmers would make me think it's over 18's. i just want to bring my brother to see Stephen Lynch... anyway any clarification on this would be great. thanks

it's not over 18's. its like any other event in the olympia, you will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

Cheers man, much appreciated....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

it's not over 18's. its like any other event in the olympia, you will be fine!
    Hi does anyone know if hardy bucks are with rubber bandits?! the bulmers sight is blocked! thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

lala stone wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if hardy bucks are with rubber bandits?! the bulmers sight is blocked! thanks!!

According to the Bulmers site ... yeah, they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

According to the Bulmers site ... yeah, they are.
    Thanks for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

hey guys,
    just wondering are his two nights sold out in the Olympia?

hey guys,
    just wondering are his two nights sold out in the Olympia?

yeah both sold out, first ones to go too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Seeing jimmy carr myself on the 18th, cant wait!

And for anyone who wanted to but didn't manage to get a ticket, hes playing an additional 2 shows in january in the olympia, tix on sale tomorrow

Advertisement