Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to quote for An Triail?

Options
  • 02-06-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Our Irish teacher never said whether we had to or not, but in my book of notes for an Triail the author quotes during all the sample answers- will you really lose marks for not quoting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I ****ing hope not :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

I ****ing hope not :eek:
    uh oh! our teacher was adament that we needed a few quotes! they shouldnt be that hard to learn off! 3 or 4 would suffice i think1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Yeah, even just one or two.
    This works for most questions : "cé a deir gur tír Chríostaí í seo?"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

you might need the "ni ormsa bla bla bla" one. It's in one of the exam papers.

It basically means: "I had nothing to do with it".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

We've never been told to quote. Any questions I've done in class have been marked pretty well without quotes, so I reckon you'd be fine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We were given our sheet of quotes abotu six for each character, were told about four to six in an answer and if you learn quotes, fit them in somehow!!! Fairly important also is the "Mharaigh mé mo leanbh de bhri gur cailin i" one...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Our teacher said not to bother stressing ourselves out learning quotes for An Triail as you can get an A without em. That said, she also advised 1 or 2 if we thought we "could handle it" :rolleyes: The Seánín one where he says "Who said this is a christian country?" and the one from the reilig scene where everyone said "Twasn't my fault" can be shoved into any answer without too much coercion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i hate the an triail question.i'm terrible at it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

A year on, and all I can remember is "Tá sí saoir, tá sí saoir"

Seriously though, just the main points, like the "I had nothing to do with it" quotes.

Just paraphrase it as best you can, just like in English, and you should be fine!!

Go neirí an t-ádh libh!!:D

Advertisement