Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any mechanics or anyone know a good mechanic?

• 02-06-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi, am looking for a bit of advice here, basically i have a 00 hyundai accent and my other half was doing the brake pads cos there worn, and it looks like theres a tear in the balljoint (well he thinks its the ball joint), now i get a creaking kinda sound out of the car when i turning, it on the right hand side, now my other half thinks it could be that i need a new balljoint?

Firstly does anyone know if this sounds right, do i need a new balljoint? and secondly if so, how much roughly would it cost and does anyone know any decent mechanic that wont rob me

(the reason i put this in the waterford city forum, just am living in the city and would be looking for a mechanic in the city)

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Godo few topics on this, have a search or look at the pinned topic above with suggestions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

doesnt sound like a big job at all. any mechanic could do it. theres a mechnics in behind muldoons thats always busy. thats a good sign in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

i always find ozier park to be very accomadating and resonable with thier prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i have reccomended pj oshea , 1 dominics place on here before , v honest guy and a great mechanic to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

hi guys
    got the car sorted last week,gave it into a garage in town and had it all done an dusted by the next day

but thanks everyone for the replies:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement