Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How drunk haz u been

• 02-06-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

OK, make me feel better - went out over the weekend, not intending to get snozzled but ended up losing a couple of hours where i think i may have fallen once or twice on the dance floor, managed to get a taxi but was completely blotto, got out of the cab and fell backwards landing on my elbow. The taxi driver, god bless him, came out to help pick meself up but I feel abosolutely mortooooo.

I dont think i have ever gotten so drunk that i cant stand up.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Were you drunk when you typed the thread title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ended up dancing once in Magaluf in my thong and heels in a club on my 30th birthday getaway...........CRINGE
    Actually, do ya know what, to hell with it.......
    Had great fun:D

Just glad it wasn't in my local:eek:

CHAVTASTIC Ha Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Was at barbeque sunday eve.
    Started off fine, gradually decended into insanity.
    People shouldn't be allowed near karaoke machines whilst alcohol is present.

Tuts my barrah :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was in some place on Friday night and I still don't know if it was a really cool apartment or just some bar on the top floor of what I seem to recall being a Georgian house somewhere in Dublin.
    Can't remember who I went in with or who I left with.
    Fell asleep on the bus on the way home and told two girls that I was totally awesome before stumbling off with half of the menu from McDonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

bronte wrote: »
    Was at barbeque sunday eve.
    Started off fine, gradually decended into insanity.
    People shouldn't be allowed near karaoke machines whilst alcohol is present.

Tuts my barrah :(

LMFAO so eloquently put :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Never drunk enough to mix up S with Z.

Also, I sat down beside a bum to have a chat, but it wasn't a bum. It was just a bag of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Terry wrote: »
    Also, I sat down beside a bum to have a chat, but it wasn't a bum. It was just a bag of rubbish.

We have a winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Hospitalized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Many many moons ago went to a party. Didn't manage to get the interest of the girl that I was after and decided to have a chat with a bottle of vodka instead. Reached the point where I was feeling very sick and thought it better to go home. So I cycled home, along a forest track, not a public road.

From that point there is a blank to the time I woke up the following day in my underwear in my bed, only to find my clothes caked in muck and semi torn and the bike in the garden with twisted handlebars, a twisted saddle and decorated with copious amounts of muck and foliage.

Not a scratch on me though:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

well i always found that you can't get much drunker than blacking out so that's about as bad as it's got for me, which unfortunately has been rather often. It's what you hear about yourself from other people the next day which bothers me, or if you wake up with cuts on your head and blood all over the place, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

peasant wrote: »
    Many many moons ago went to a party. Didn't manage to get the interest of the girl that I was after and decided to have a chat with a bottle of vodka instead. Reached the point where I was feeling very sick and thought it better to go home. So I cycled home, along a forest track, not a public road.

From that point there is a blank to the time I woke up the following day in my underwear in my bed, only to find my clothes caked in muck and semi torn and the bike in the garden with twisted handlebars, a twisted saddle and decorated with copious amounts of muck and foliage.

Not a scratch on me though:D

I expect that aliens were poking you with a stick on the mothership before they dumped you in your bed. Regressive hypnosis is called for.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

People are apparently still talking about the thread I started when I got drunk...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    People are apparently still talking about the thread I started when I got drunk...

Did you get much for the movie rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This past weekend was a bit hectic! Started last thursday and finished yesterday!! Was frigged today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Brought to cop shop for "my own safety" after falling asleep in a phone box. Garda's report said I was too drunk to to tell her my name.

And no, I can't remember if she was hot...:rolleyes:

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    well i always found that you can't get much drunker than blacking out so that's about as bad as it's got for me, which unfortunately has been rather often. It's what you hear about yourself from other people the next day which bothers me, or if you wake up with cuts on your head and blood all over the place, :(
    It's only bad if they tell you that you were a wanker when you were drunk.
    Thankfully I haven't been told that in quite a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead is generally a very light sleeper and the sound of a worm coughing has been known to wake him up. Think it comes from a need to protect people. A caveman instinct to protect house and home, and people who are important. One little noise and before you can say "Go back to bed dear, it was just a coughing worm" Pigheads out of the bed standing in a protective combative pose.

When alcohol is involved though, it tends to be a different story. There could be a herd of noisy elephants coughing in Pigheads ears and he still wouldn't awaken from his slumbers. And unfortunately for Pighead his college flatmates knew this only too well. Had got sacked from Supermacs for poisoning a bus load of kids with uncooked burgers and was in the pub drowning sorrows and cursing the fact kids stomachs are so weak. Got drunk that night, very very drunk.

The lads knew that Pighead was drunk when they seen the trail of wee wee leading to his bed. If Pighead had been awake he would have seen a glint of mischief in all their eyes and he wouldn't have liked it one little bit.

None of this shaving eyebrows or drawing pictures of willies on the face for these boyos. No they were too sophisticated for that. They grabbed a corner each of the mattress and carried Pighead for five minutes until they had reached their destination. The centre circle of the pitch at the front of GMIT. Disaster for Pighead. Especially seeing as it was a Wednesday night and college was full of laughing pointing people the next day. It was a long, cold embarrassing walk home that Thursday morning but many lessons were learnt that day. Have never undercooked a burger since that fateful night.

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead is generally a very light sleeper and the sound of a worm coughing has been known to wake him up. Think it comes from a need to protect people. A caveman instinct to protect house and home, and people who are important. One little noise and before you can say "Go back to bed dear, it was just a coughing worm" Pigheads out of the bed standing in a protective combative pose.

When alcohol is involved though, it tends to be a different story. There could be a herd of noisy elephants coughing in Pigheads ears and he still wouldn't awaken from his slumbers. And unfortunately for Pighead his college flatmates knew this only too well. Had got sacked from Supermacs for poisoning a bus load of kids with uncooked burgers and was in the pub drowning sorrows and cursing the fact kids stomachs are so weak. Got drunk that night, very very drunk.

The lads knew that Pighead was drunk when they seen the trail of wee wee leading to his bed. If Pighead had been awake he would have seen a glint of mischief in all their eyes and he wouldn't have liked it one little bit.

None of this shaving eyebrows or drawing pictures of willies on the face for these boyos. No they were too sophisticated for that. They grabbed a corner each of the mattress and carried Pighead for five minutes until they had reached their destination. The centre circle of the pitch at the front of GMIT. Disaster for Pighead. Especially seeing as it was a Wednesday night and college was full of laughing pointing people the next day. It was a long, cold embarrassing walk home that Thursday morning but many lessons were learnt that day. Have never undercooked a burger since that fateful night.

Who is this pighead person you're talking about and why does he have the same name as you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Got slowly and seriously blotto last saturday night in a Liverpool hotel , with two other irish people and a stag party from Sunderland for company .:D

Last I remember was asking one of the group ,who was supposedly a mastermind genius ,what the capital of Kazakhstan was :confused:

I woke up in my own bed so all was good :)

• Advertisement

It's only bad if they tell you that you were a wanker when you were drunk.
    Thankfully I haven't been told that in quite a few years.

well no matter what it is you were doing it's not nice when you can't remember it

Who is this pighead person you're talking about and why does he have the same name as you?
    What do you mean "Who is Pighead?" It's quite simple.

Pighead is Pighead, you are BrazilianNZ and he is the walrus. It's not rocket science.

well no matter what it is you were doing it's not nice when you can't remember it
    I disagree.
    If you are behaving yourself, having fun, not annoying anyone or breaking any laws, then I think it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

saw a neighbour on the street yesterday outside his front gate, ya know the small ones that lead into the front garden.

Anyways he had his housekeys out trying to open the gate thinking it was his front door. I walked by about 15 mins later and he was asleep on the pavement with the keys still in his hands!

Helped him in and then went home!

Iv been pretty demented myself but most of my stories are nasty so wont get into that :D

I disagree.
    If you are behaving yourself, having fun, not annoying anyone or breaking any laws, then I think it's fine.
    Spot on Terry. Most of the best nights are the ones that take weeks to piece together.

Pighead wrote: »
    What do you mean "Who is Pighead?" It's quite simple.

Pighead is Pighead, you are BrazilianNZ and he is the walrus. It's not rocket science.
    goo goo g'joob

I disagree.

well personally i get worried when hours are missing it's scary

well personally i get worried when hours are missing it's scary
    Ah they always turn up eventually in fairness. Usually underneath the couch or the cushions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

thanks guys - feel a fell of alot better:D feckin mupper that i is!

Worst part is i wasnt out with good mates - out with a load of moo cows so i can just imagine what they're saying about me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Two weeks ago was the worst I've ever been. It took me three days to recover and four days to remember everything that happened. I'll never, ever be mixing red wine and beer again. Just messing, of course I will. It's serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Last summer, had a tad too much to drink and lost 5(ish) hours. Wouldn't have been too bad, only it was at my friends house, and his parents were there (he was havin a barbecue, as you do) I did apparently make something of a fool of myself and most of the nights events remain a mystetry to me. But I have been reassured, I am a pleasant drunk. Well, thats what people tell me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

k99_64 wrote: »
    Hospitalized.

:eek: :D

Last time I mixed wine and beer I fell into someone's bath.

Bad times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Besides the shouting to people next to my table and running up to give lap dances; hrms, tugging on male genital parts, thinking I was turning the round bits on like a faucet.. and saying why isn't the water coming out. Yes that was a bit mad. Red wine and vodka mmm. Just can't be drinking in public!:D Ha never as bad as you lot ;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

Getting kicked out of coppers! Of all places i have fallen goin into coppers and still been let in. No clue what I did to get kicked out. Last thing i remember was walking in and then i was sitting in the alleyway outside two hours later.

One good thing though it showed there are still nice people around! Whoever the guy was that sat down with me helped me find my friends amd bag and jacket and head basically thanks! Probly would have woken up in that alleyway a few hours later if it wasnt for them i was pretty comfy!:eek:

Proof that 20 hours of vodka on an empty stomach do not work!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

not remembering a darn thing between dancing in a rubbish bin and going to bed in my mates gf's bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I was really drunk in D2 a few weeks ago and thought I was working there, conversing with my 'fellow employees' and stuff. I've never worked in a bar in my life:confused:

I've done a lot of stupid stuff when drunk, but the worst was about three years ago, I'd just finished Autumn repeats for college, and was back visiting my Mum. Went out with a few old mates, arrived back at Mum's place around 3am. Respectable enough? No.
    I woke up to her standing over me with a blanket telling me to get straight upstairs - I had taken off all of my clothes and was butt naked asleep on a sofa in her living room. It hasn't been mentioned since, I feel sick even repeating it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

I woke up to her standing over me with a blanket telling me to get straight upstairs - I had taken off all of my clothes and was butt naked asleep on a sofa in her living room. It hasn't been mentioned since, I feel sick even repeating it:o

Jaysus. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Ok here we go....

One evening I managed to simultaneously project vomit on 6 people,Is this a record?? this was before we went out, hazy enough after that all I remember is a taxi man smacking me for doing a dump on the back seat then woke up in a bath tub of a girl i never met befores house with the shower on and the bathroom flooded.I made a quick getaway,i must have given her my number cos she rang the next day to check if i was ok and even invited me up for dinner :D

I declined

Funny enough 2 out of 3 of my other housemates were arrested the same night for similar daft ****.

Its now known by us as manic monday.......

I feel bad about the taxi btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The company I work for has a "ball" (:rolleyes:) every year as a sort of Christmas night out in February. Anyways last year I went last year for the first time as a single person. Big mistake. Not only can I not remember anything, I lost the jacket from the tux I was wearing (€150), apparently I ordered a round of shots for approximately twenty people and walked away saying "Adyx doesn't pay for drink", and kicked a chair against a wall and sat on the floor because it was caught in a table leg. I also gave out to the band for playing Build Me Up Buttercup whilst out smoking.

I don't care though. I'm drunk right now! :D

Edit: I also did an awful lot of other embarrassing stuff that night but anyone who knows me will recognise me from the above so better not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Adyx wrote: »
    The company I work for has a "ball" (:rolleyes:) every year as a sort of Christmas night out in February. Anyways last year I went last year for the first time as a single person. Big mistake. Not only can I not remember anything, I lost the jacket from the tux I was wearing (€150), apparently I ordered a round of shots for approximately twenty people and walked away saying "Adyx doesn't pay for drink", and kicked a chair against a wall and sat on the floor because it was caught in a table leg. I also gave out to the band for playing Build Me Up Buttercup whilst out smoking.

I don't care though. I'm drunk right now! :D

Edit: I also did an awful lot of other embarrassing stuff that night but anyone who knows me will recognise me from the above so better not.

what part of Waterford ya from and where does ya be working. Intriguing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

goo goo g'joob

Argh you silly-billy, I wanted to post that.

OT: The only time I've ever blacked out, I nearly killed me and another lad. Never again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I've done a lot of stupid stuff when drunk, but the worst was about three years ago, I'd just finished Autumn repeats for college, and was back visiting my Mum. Went out with a few old mates, arrived back at Mum's place around 3am. Respectable enough? No.

Thanks very much. My boss just gave out to me because instead of working I just coughed coffee all over my laptop because i was laughing so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

seanybiker wrote: »
    what part of Waterford ya from and where does ya be working. Intriguing

Lets just say it's group that owns most of the bars in John St. ;)

Oh and originally I'm from thirtyfive miles north of Rice Bridge. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I fell and broke my hand in a nightclub and lost my shoes and handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

couldnt walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Septico

This thread may have been made for me:

1. got too hot after an all day session: decided to cool down (naked) in the bath (no water). Door not locked - found by brother

2. Tried to climb into a washing machine for 'a spin' after a lot of absinthe.

3. Spent a whole night talking about buying a hall door. I do not own a house, apartment or anything of that nature.

Just samples of the ones i can actually mention..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Redpunto wrote: »
    OK, make me feel better - went out over the weekend, not intending to get snozzled but ended up losing a couple of hours where i think i may have fallen once or twice on the dance floor, managed to get a taxi but was completely blotto, got out of the cab and fell backwards landing on my elbow. The taxi driver, god bless him, came out to help pick meself up but I feel abosolutely mortooooo.

I dont think i have ever gotten so drunk that i cant stand up.:D

I drink a fair amount, but I do not ever remember being that drunk that a taxi man had to deliever me to my front door. Thats actually kinda disgusting, not to mention very dangerous for you personally. The details are a bit fuzzy, but wasn't there a taxi man that was done for raping women in recent months?

You should never get yourself into such a state that you cannot help yourself, or your friends become your baby-sitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ended up dancing once in Magaluf in my thong and heels in a club on my 30th birthday getaway...........CRINGE
    Actually, do ya know what, to hell with it.......
    Had great fun:D

Just glad it wasn't in my local:eek:

CHAVTASTIC Ha Ha

It'd be have been a lot worse if you were a guy, which I thought you were at first when I read your post. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I did a fat chick...and she was on her period

• Advertisement
Advertisement