Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i really dont know what the feck im doing on this :)

i can tell this game has great online potential but im not sure how to set myself up for that, im kinda new to online pc gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Finally got my hands on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Parser wrote: »
    Here's a brilliant song dedicated to BIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DLJPr2lyno

"I bought myself a monster rig,
    I spent all of my cash,
    to get 14 frames per second,
    before I crash.

it says receieving then it craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash..."

Im in tears here.

It says receiving then it craaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAASH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

indough wrote: »
    i really dont know what the feck im doing on this :)

i can tell this game has great online potential but im not sure how to set myself up for that, im kinda new to online pc gaming

It will take you a week. Its a steep learning curve. Stick it out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What game type and servers are ye guys playing on? I'm not finding ones as good as I was the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

oh yeah, i mean setting up an online game like, im already playing through the sp and liking it (although buggy and HARD), also is it hard on the esources or what? its kinda jumpy on the i7 (920) machine im running, although thats with an 8800gtx which is quite old i suppose, gonna upgrade that this week though hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

here's a link to a great guide. Worth a read

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What game type and servers are ye guys playing on? I'm not finding ones as good as I was the other day

Dunno, nearly ever server plays Evo or Domination which i sorta detest. Much prefer custom maps.

Again we should really have a Boards coop game some time soon.

Some great missions on here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75852

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stev_o wrote: »
    Dunno, nearly ever server plays Evo or Domination which i sorta detest. Much prefer custom maps.

Again we should really have a Boards coop game some time soon.

Some great missions on here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75852

Evo and dom are brillisnt if you happen to land on the server just as its starting, joining mid game is a bit crap.

Was just on DTK server, decent server good teamplay on it but lagged out when it hit 25 players :(

handier if we all picked a server and joined it :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    handier if we all picked a server and joined it :)

Ya, we need to do something. I'm struggling to find an enjoyable game, We'd need to be able to contact each other and advise on what server etc. Xfire doesn't allow You to follow friends for this game, it doesn't get all the server info, but it does allow chat and voice which we'd need, can anyone thats interested install it and add me, I'll be up for having a few hours at it from 4'oclock on tomorrow. We'd need our own server in the long term, but we can try find an empty dedicated one tomorrow and can post the ip here tomorrow when a few have joined

• Advertisement

logged onto xfire for 1st time in 5 years and i have no freinds :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

logged onto xfire for 1st time in 5 years and i have no freinds :D

Did you have any to begin with? :D

Ponster wrote: »
    Did you have any to begin with? :D

Sample User, we were mates for years.

oddly i think you suggested Xfire in 2004 on the BF forum :eek:

Anyone up for a mission later?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone up for a mission later?

yup be around most of the night from 4ish onwards

Grand let's see if we can get some others to have a go around 4 ish.Hopefully someone can host which would be ideal.

Anyone about ?

there be killing to be done.

I've setup a public Xfire chatroom, "boardsie arma 2", we can decide what to do then

Why Xfire? :p

Steam anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im well impressed with how the engine runs but single player is a waste of time with all the bugs. Its fun being able to doss around in the world but trying to do the misisons = script borked in so many different ways.

Multiplayer seems ok but I have to admit I havent a clue how to spot enemy players. In choppers there is a green bar up the top showing both sides but nada in soldier hud, Is there some option Im missing for a radar or something?

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    Im well impressed with how the engine runs but single player is a waste of time with all the bugs. Its fun being able to doss around in the world but trying to do the misisons = script borked in so many different ways.

Multiplayer seems ok but I have to admit I havent a clue how to spot enemy players. In choppers there is a green bar up the top showing both sides but nada in soldier hud, Is there some option Im missing for a radar or something?

Helicopters have radar, soldiers have eyes :pac:

that Behind lines mission is seriously hard, need 6 humans to even try get half way to the base.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33587.0

that Behind lines mission is seriously hard, need 6 humans to even try get half way to the base.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33587.0

Ya, its a mission with great potential for 6 players, You gotta stick together. Had a good go at it earlier with Teamspeak but it needs more players.......So we need 6 players for next time :D

Anyone up for trying this mission again later? We need 6 players with teamspeak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Anyone up for trying this mission again later? We need 6 players with teamspeak

I'd play.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

What time ?

nevermind :)

kenon wrote: »
    I'd play.

Add me on xfire and I can give You info, we'll be usin teamspeak also. You're number 5 of a 6 man team, one place left for whoevers interested. We've agreed to kick off at ~8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

would love to but not got the time today :(

Have a good one though and post back your experience

Ok, an update for You

We tried a few times and in the end gave up on this mission. dreamers75 managed to get to the endpoint but couldn't complete the mission, another bug, the end didn't trigger. After this 3 of us had a few goes at this mission which runs well and has no bugs (not that we've seen), but is impossibly hard. You get shot to bits by the AI even though You can't see them. Might have another go tomorrow eve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Im up for a game of this over the coming days. Would have to be evenings though.

Advertisement