Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Myself & my young fella figured out that we can both play online on 2 different pc's with this game with the same serial and one disk, but we can't play on the same server or one of us gets kicked :mad:. If I start the game and remove the disk, He can use the disk to start his game and get online also :D

I found a 4 player coop mission We could try also:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6229

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stev_o wrote: »

Use stealth wherever possible.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAh they can see you from the minute you spawn!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Myself & my young fella figured out that we can both play online on 2 different pc's with this game with the same serial and one disk

I don't think that is possible. You can use the same key trice but you both can't play on the same server (and doubt you can both play online at the same time)

Ponster wrote: »
    I don't think that is possible. You can use the same key trice but you both can't play on the same server (and doubt you can both play online at the same time)

Its possible, we've both been playing at the same time on different servers, works every time. Disk is only needed to initially start the game, after that it can be removed, serial is obviously only checked by each individual server and not globally.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bought two sets of OpFlash, albeit on budget. I never picked up ArmA, it didn't feel nice.
    I had a bit of a play of ArmA2 on the brother's Q6600 PC, need to bench it on somewhat aged 939 X2 rig, but if it's stable and fluid I'll pick up a copy and jump in.
    Might even justify upgrading the graphics card (X1900XTX), who knows.

We Arma2 fans can reclaim the Opflash forum which has been deserted for quite a while and get it moved back under a games category and have our own forum, can You please express Your interest in the thread

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We Arma2 fans can reclaim the Opflash forum which has been deserted for quite a while and get it moved back under a games category and have our own forum, can You please express Your interest in the thread

Thanks to you sure, I purchased this game a few fays ago, until my net died. Anyway been playing the single player. Dont like it. Buggy, laggy, just doesnt feel finished.

Thanks to you sure, I purchased this game a few fays ago, until my net died. Anyway been playing the single player. Dont like it. Buggy, laggy, just doesnt feel finished.

Online is where the funs at, I've hardly played the SP game. I agree with You that it doesn't feel finished, I don't like the single player campaign either. Some of the Scenarios are OK, like the one to clear the village.

I've started having fun with the editor, create my own scenario and go clear all the bad guys or watch the AI battle with each other. Not that great with the editor yet though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

I have a really bad internet connection where i am living so i'm only playing SP at the moment. Its bugged to hell and back but I still get stupid satisfaction from the smallest thing like calling in air transport and then watching the chopper come in. I'm easily pleased I guess......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

ha im forced to play sp more aswell as i dont have internet available for most of the week

the sp in this game is definitely a mixed bag but its entertaining :)

To those playing the single player game without internet, try get the patches downloaded elsewhere. It runs much better once patched

oh yeah i have the latest patch downloaded, its still buggy as hell though

indough wrote: »
    oh yeah i have the latest patch downloaded, its still buggy as hell though

1.03 is on the way

nice, ive been checking their site every day for this :pac:

i agree with your post in the link btw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was in a friends house last night and watched him play this.

It looked immense. I'm an avid milsim airsoft player and this game seems to just appeal to my needs. Tactical movements with the options of having real friends play co-op, and the means for serious multiplayer action. I was impressed with the realism, right down to the natural night vision kicking in.

I was however loling at the script, and loling at what happend when you shot someone, the death animations are piss poor. However it looks like a game that in time with patching can be a serious contender to knock wow of my pedastal.

I'll be picking this up today and be playing it, hopefully, all week ;)

See you guys online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I bought this game at t he weekend. Man it's a difficult game. It's even difficult to install. Took many attempts to get it installed it eventually would only install on the C drive for some reason. Had more troubles with the patch had to ignore one or two errors during the update for it to continue.

Don't see myself going online for a while, not doing to well in he single player campaign so far and the mass of controls is overwhelming at the moment so I need more practice.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I bought this game at t he weekend. Man it's a difficult game. It's even difficult to install. Took many attempts to get it installed it eventually would only install on the C drive for some reason. Had more troubles with the patch had to ignore one or two errors during the update for it to continue.

Don't see myself going online for a while, not doing to well in he single player campaign so far and the mass of controls is overwhelming at the moment so I need more practice.

we playing a coop mission tonight at 8, handy way to get used to the game online.

Need a ehhhh forward bullet sponge :D

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626967

join if you want :)

• Advertisement

Pretty quickly got controls down.

Online is mayhem knowing what to do or where to go, but quickly nailed that too.

All thats needed now is an irish server that has a bit of command structure and proper objectives and tactics, not everyone got cod4.

played the co op single player with a friend and it was a great experience, thoroughly loved it.

Its a buggy game no doubt, with some patches, this is going to be a big thing, it cant fail in my view.

Fantastic game.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Pretty quickly got controls down.

Online is mayhem knowing what to do or where to go, but quickly nailed that too.

All thats needed now is an irish server that has a bit of command structure and proper objectives and tactics, not everyone got cod4.

played the co op single player with a friend and it was a great experience, thoroughly loved it.

Its a buggy game no doubt, with some patches, this is going to be a big thing, it cant fail in my view.

Fantastic game.

Pog working on an irish server (100 quid for 20 man for the year) join the Wheres Waldo game tonight, its a very good mission uses the roles well :pac:

Ugh I'm on Misses detail tonight, otherwise id be all over it like a cheap suit.

I hosted a few games last night for mates and it went smooth..I just cant get over how realistic this game can be.

Me and a few mates play airsoft alot, all on the same team, so we love playing team orientated games. Not to sound the walt but we would do tactical manouvres in airsoft, but in gaming you cant really ever achieve that, cod4 is just shoot and scoot ike CS etc.

However last night, we just settled on how awesome this game was.

Our forward scout spotted a static machine gun post, so the units CO(ai controlled) ordered me and my pal to flank, one left one right, whilst they setup a firing line at the bottom of the hill.

As me proceeded to the summit of the hill, slowly, on wide arches, we identified there was 4-6 targets. We proceeded with our flanking manouvre and after taking out 2 targets, the rest fled down the hill , right into a firing line the AI players had setup.

It was a major wow moment, and the advanced ai continued throughout the gaming session we played, with the computer just been freakishly smart.

This game is going to exterminate mankind...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

that sounded class! Unfortunately I'm skint so I'm just playing the demo over and over again :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    we playing a coop mission tonight at 8, handy way to get used to the game online.

Need a ehhhh forward bullet sponge :D

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626967

join if you want :)
    Might give that a go how do I join though?

Might give that a go how do I join though?

post in the thread, we meet on Xfire

http://www.xfire.com/profile/kdjac/
    http://www.xfire.com/profile/pogmotho1n/

I wouldn't be too concerned with the single player game, get the basics and get online. We don't take things too seriously either.

Missed the game, stupid xfire couldn't find the game and I had to find out how to do it manually. It's working now though.

We got hammered in the end, done very well tho took the airlfield then the comms tower, by using a stolen Heli we were able to resupply at the LZ then Pog got shot down in the heli leaving me and Dman alone vs about 30.

So i ran :D He died.

• Advertisement

Missed the game, stupid xfire couldn't find the game and I had to find out how to do it manually. It's working now though.

You wont find the game easily and its passworded, join the xfire chatroom in the chatroom tab "boardsie arma 2" and we'll give ya the ip. Also install TS even if ya got a mic as ya can at least hear us then. I'll be online later

Advertisement