Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ok folks, we got a 64 slot server to test for Gameservers.ie, had a quick game there and its running fine, nice low sub 35ms pings (and me with a shítty interleaved 7.6Mbit Eircom connection)

217.78.4.90:2302 or filter the word "gameservers.ie"

Its online now, we'll prob be playing Evolution or Domination for a few days to test it with maximum people, please join and help us out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Me and my mates have been playing the feck outa ArmA 1 the past month, we'll be jumping into this soon. Nice to see an Irish server up.

Quick question about ArmA 2, if you start an animation, can you interrupt it? The thing that really annoys me about arma 1 is if I'm changing weapons, say...Ak to RPG... or back again, in the 4 seconds it takes to do so, my character is a mindless retard.

If I come under enemy fire in those 4 seconds, I have to wait for my character to finish his animation. You should be able to interrupt this by double tapping forward to sprint and hit prone. Even if it means dropping whats in your hand at that time, I don't care, sitting there with bullets going over your head, or worse, watching an enemy AI walk infront of you, slowly take aim, and slowly shoot you, and not being able to do a damn thing because you'd already started some form of animation eg changing weapons, reloading, healing..etc, PISSES ME OFF BIG TIME. lol

Its not realistic so they've no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Don't think you can interrupt weapon changes however you can now reload pistols and rifles and non heavy weapons while on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Just got this the other day, patched it to 1.02. Initial impressions very positive, very reminiscent of OPF, which I liked (if it wasn't so buggy I would have loved it).

However, I did notice a few issues, nothing major, such as when you drag a wounded soldier in the training run you will sometimes stop for no reason.

I then proceeded to do the Moat, after dying a few times I decided to take the flank everything approach. Apparantly there are 6 insurgents I have to kill, though for the life of me I can't find the last two. After about an hour searching through the village blade of grass by blade of grass I gave up.

Thinking about it now, maybe they ran away. Now that would be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ok folks, we got a 64 slot server to test for Gameservers.ie, had a quick game there and its running fine, nice low sub 35ms pings (and me with a shítty interleaved 7.6Mbit Eircom connection)

217.78.4.90:2302 or filter the word "gameservers.ie"

Its online now, we'll prob be playing Evolution or Domination for a few days to test it with maximum people, please join and help us out

anyone playing today? i'm on at the moment on my lonesome messin about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Just arsin about by myself as well! Im up for a game tonight!

swiss wrote: »
    However, I did notice a few issues, nothing major, such as when you drag a wounded soldier in the training run you will sometimes stop for no reason.

I've yet to drag anyone in a MP game, don't worry bout it. Forget the SP game its flawed and shít anyway
    cashville wrote: »
    anyone playing today? i'm on at the moment on my lonesome messin about..

I'll be on from 7 onwards, hope to see You all there

The servers running a 46 player coop Domination and we need as many as possible to test the setup, no mp experience necessary. They've had a few hickups last nite and nite before, but I think they're all sorted now (more to do with it being a buggy beta dedicated server software, they've not released anything official yet to run on a server) so just be patient, please

BTW guys, we Arma players have taken over the old OPFlash forum, loads of info there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to pick this up tomorrow (been playing a *cough*borrowed*cough* version as i'm **** broke), as its payday. Will be online and ready to get absolutly destroyed repeatedly tomorrow evening.

Very good game guys. I was most impressed when Gavin got shot down in a lift chopper right in front of me and the explosion took out a huge 2 story building, dramatic stuff

2 of the players this evening had impressive pings of 10ms and 11ms :eek:, mine being 33ms wasn't that bad either. No pings were over 50ms. Need more players though, had 8-10 this evening but need more for Domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Very good game guys. I was most impressed when Gavin got shot down in a lift chopper right in front of me and the explosion took out a huge 2 story building, dramatic stuff

2 of the players this evening had impressive pings of 10ms and 11ms :eek:, mine being 33ms wasn't that bad either. No pings were over 50ms. Need more players though, had 8-10 this evening but need more for Domination.

i be on morrow night , tonight was Europa League night and it was good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Hopefully I'll be online with this tonight as well if theres a game on.

Incidentally, is there a console available for this to tweak things like mouse sensitivity?

1cashville on xfire.add me

Will be on later and tomorrow. Was meant to pick it up earlier, but didnt get a chance. Downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Guys i want to see this server under max load as possible. I wonder can gameservers.ie compete with the other game server companys. Currently our clan server hosting is charging £1 a slot for arma 2 (cheapest Arma 2 hosting around).

Domination map is great, i wont play less than 10 ppl on a map otherwise its not fun.Its nice to see the irish arma 2 players giving the game a go the way its ment to be played :cool: .

jackoire wrote: »
    Guys i want to see this server under max load as possible. I wonder can gameservers.ie compete with the other game server companys. Currently our clan server hosting is charging £1 a slot for arma 2 (cheapest Arma 2 hosting around).

Domination map is great, i wont play less than 10 ppl on a map otherwise its not fun.Its nice to see the irish arma 2 players giving the game a go the way its ment to be played :cool: .

I'd like to see more also, last night the max players did reach 9 at one stage, but this is still too few for Domination. Please can everyone with the game have a go 2day.

jackoire, the reason I don't play on Your clans server is that my ping to it is ~120ms, way too laggy to me at all times, my ping to this Irish hosted one is a magical 33ms, and I got a ****ty interleaved 7.6Mbit Eircom connection. I've not seen a ping over 50-60ms on this one from anyone from boards, in fact I've seen a few on 10-11ms. Come on later, once we get over 10 players alot more will join as most peeps search for a busier server to play on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really wish I could get into this game :(.

I got 26 ping to it and as usual i was awesome, snipey snipey :D

Gonna give it a while but assuming price is decent i buying a server from gameservers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone completed the campaign?

Played it for about 20 minutes, bugs made it incompleteable, MP is where the game really works.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played it for about 20 minutes, bugs made it incompleteable, MP is where the game really works.

maybe I should give that a go then,Is it hard to get into?

• Advertisement

Paid for it last night, havent even started the campaign. Multiplayer is where its at. Had some good games earlier, though i missed the busy time zones. Shooting down copters, repelling tank attacks, dropping players into zones. Brilliant fun.

Nope, not even bothered tryin, completed Domination today tho, didn't think that was possible, thought that went on forever, but no, it ends after about 5 missions

Get online tomorrow folks, from 6 onwards

Not really, but You've gotta accept that there's a learning curve, a big one. Be prepered to have to put the time in, the reward is brilliant, its the most realistic shít ever

Yes and no, Yes as the game is seriously complicated due to the nature of it.

And no if you figure out the basic movements and your "make dem dead" buttons and you "make dem not dead me" buttons. Just play as infantry for a while follow your squad. Handy guide in the opflash forum

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055624499

I really wish I could get into this game :(.

I don't play single player,didn't with Arma1 either. MP is where it's at....I remember when I bought the first one I played a game of Evolution. I kept getting killed and thought 'what have I wasted my money on'. But you need to stick with it, it's such an excellent game, there really is so much to it.
    I flew an A-10 yesterday for the first time in an online mission, unreal experience. It helps having all the settings on high or very as the graphics are AMAZING, so if anyone is considering upgrading for this game then take my advice and do it! I got a GTX 285 and it was well worth it.

Well done to all who were on yesterday when we completed Domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I got 26 ping to it and as usual i was awesome, snipey snipey :D

I get a nice 8ms ping sometimes 7 to the Irish server. Must be around the corner or something lol.

I've had people connect to me for lan games and get worse ping :p

In regards to the session I had on there tonight, heres stuff about the MLRS:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74188

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Latest Patch Released

Engine
    * New: Functions getPosATL and setPosATL to allow controlling position relative to terrain.
    * New: command line option -showScriptErrors introduced to show errors in scripts on-screen
    * New: Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
    * New: More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
    * New: Mission name (with * indicated unsaved work) displayed in the mission editor
    * New: Keyboard shortcuts in the mission editor
    * Improved: better handling of gravitation for shots (esp. for grenades)
    * Improved: Building destruction
    * Improved: Better airplane HUD visibility both night and day
    * Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
    * Hotfix: Players are forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
    * Fixed: no particles effect when hit object with destructNo
    * Fixed: grenade could destroy a building just by impact
    * Fixed: grenades may explode only on the final impact
    * Fixed: when a grenade bounces on a ship deck, the proper particle effects is shown now
    * Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation
    * Fixed: Player connected to loaded game was sometimes frozen.
    * Fixed: Game crashed when launched on a system with more then 8 CPUs/cores.
    * Fixed: Possible crash with laser designator active.
    * Fixed: Sometimes crew of a close vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
    * Fixed: Infinite looping of commands 'Stop' in radio.
    * Fixed: Leaning 'limits' do not work in TrackIR.
    * Fixed: Clients were often endlessly stuck in 'Receiving...' window after MP Load.
    * Fixed: Rainbow could be visible even with sun below horizon.
    * Fixed: 3D Editor - civilian and resistance units did not work correctly
    * Fixed: Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
    * Fixed: Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
    * Fixed: Grenade could sometimes destroy a building just by impact
    * Fixed: Radio messages sometimes echoed
    * Fixed: Team switch did not work when player died
    * Fixed: Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
    * Fixed: Prevent killed AI units reporting who killed them.
    * Fixed: After respawn in MP, player's tasks, diary content and skills are transferred to the new entity
    * Fixed: Leaning 'limits' did not work with TrackIR
    * Fixed: MP client frozen in Receiving... screen sometimes
    * Fixed: Problems with saving and loading games in cooperative campaign

Missions

* Fixes and improvements in most of the campaign missions (Into the Storm, Harvest Red, Bitter Chill, Manhattan, Badlands, Dogs of War)
    * Improved: autosave logic to not save when it was not safe
    * Improved: Eye for an Eye in Scenarios

Modules
    * Fixed: Warfare fast travel on clients was not using logistic values
    * Fixed: Warfare money sending
    * Fixed: Warfare HQ multiple reports
    * Fixed: First-Aid: Action module caused healing scripts to run twice
    * Fixed: Supply drop not ending (wrong vehicle class)
    * New: First-Aid modules work with respawn
    * New: First-Aid ability to stop healing
    * New: Added ability to add Support Requests that do not expire.
    * Improved: First-Aid modules more robust and faster
    * Improved: Better support for side Resistance in SOM / ACM.

Data

* Fixed: Invisible driver in UAZ (MG and GL)
    * Fixed: AI soldiers were able to hear extremely well
    * Fixed: various minor problems on buildings
    * Fixed: rocks destruction effect changed
    * Fixed: penetrability of some vegetation
    * Fixed: collision geometry of A_BuildingWIP
    * Fixed: react FSM core conversations
    * Fixed: cargo animations in LAV25
    * Fixed: indicators in Ka52 when using NVG
    * Fixed: cargo animations in BTR
    * Fixed: Warfare keypoint on Chernarus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If for some bizarre reason you bought this on Steam, you're in for a 4.3 gig download to patch it, as Steam can't correctly patch the .pbo data files. Everyone else gets a 135 meg patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Spear wrote: »
    If for some bizarre reason you bought this on Steam, you're in for a 4.3 gig download to patch it, as Steam can't correctly patch the .pbo data files. Everyone else gets a 135 meg patch.
    This is the exact reason I don't understand why people buy anything but valve games off steam. Company of Heroes does the same thing; re-download practically the whole game every time it is patched.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think that's just you. My Steam copy updated normally.

I'm glad they fixed the AI with the patch. Killed AI being able to report your position was just stupid.

The Gameserver.ie is still running 1.02.

Any chance this might be updated for tonight's mayhem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's insane. :eek: I hate steam with a passion and only use it when absolutely necessary, I avoid games that need steam.

ARMA2 runs much better on Windows 7 too. I got a nice bump in the settings after upgrading.

Advertisement