Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Might try and pick this up in town today after work, was planning on playing AA3 for a week or so to see if that would hold me over for my army sim needs as I'm trying to watch the old spending atm... but I find myself with 3 days off and AA3 unplayable :( so Arma II it is, which I was going to get but from experiencing the first one I though I'd hold off until it was playable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

its fun in editor,put loads of civilians on dock and play as soldier and execute them LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wonder how it'll work with my E8400... and 512MB 8800GT :) Think I'll pick this up tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats all the fuss about performance? :)

Runs perfectly , installed game then patch straight after. Looks and runs very very nicely.

Now wheres my action key :D half my keys not set lil blank spaces on controls.
    What sort of pc are you running it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats all the fuss about performance? :)

Runs perfectly , installed game then patch straight after. Looks and runs very very nicely.

Its been out for weeks in Germany, didn't run so well before the first patch from what I read. You're running the second patch which improves things even more as the version released here was already patched to the first patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

The 1.02 patch is just out :D.
    The game now runs awesome after patching, game is really smooth also no more annoying motion blur ;).

Performace issues are gone by the looks of things :eek:.

You guys are welcome to come on TS and play on our server when its up.

my xfire : markoire

/shakes fist at local xtra vision not stocking any PC games

Now I really do have to wait until tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    What sort of pc are you running it on?

E6850,2gb ram, 4870

Defaulted to high 1600x1200, steady 50 fps regardless of whats going on in SP.

Had one CTD in boot camp and some buttons werent assigned in controls.

Installed game and patched before opening.

Brilliant game its like GR1 with every possible vehicle and weapon in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

Stephen wrote: »
    /shakes fist at local xtra vision not stocking any PC games

Now I really do have to wait until tomorrow :eek:
    hehe told ya xtravision are crappy with pc games!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

Just installed the new patch. Liking this game a lot so far. Well only played MP so far which isn't exactly loaded with players. Suppose that will take a few more days for that to happen. In the meantime i should go back and actually complete that tutorial thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Con. wrote: »
    Just installed the new patch. Liking this game a lot so far. Well only played MP so far which isn't exactly loaded with players. Suppose that will take a few more days for that to happen. In the meantime i should go back and actually complete that tutorial thing!

America and some parts of europe have not got the game released till the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

jackoire wrote: »
    America and some parts of europe have not got the game released till the 26th.

Ah right, thought it would have came out all over europe on the 19th.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭T3h Windeh

I have to sell stuff to get the components for this game to work. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

This game runs a lot better then I expected (not with night vision on though :eek:).

It's certainly an ambitious game, but the controls and movement feel generally awkward and clunky in everything I've tried - infantry, choppers and planes - rudder control on the choppers and jets is particularly bad. Also some video bugs with large stretches of ground textures appearing in mid air and disappearing.

Here's a clip of a custom jet battle I put together in the editor...100+ planes, seems like it could easily have handled more. * Click for HD *

Click for HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i have 1 qustion i need answered before i get it....

is there sopwith camels????
    like number 1 you cant beat a good camel fight.

and a thing i always do in number 1 is a village assault....
    helicopters arrive, drop their men and circle around or return to the airfield....
    a convoy arrives with 1 or two tanks and allowed of trucks/ humvees..
    and aboats take the small port....

i downloaded aload of terrorist charactes for the defendrs..... well equiped of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Picked it up earlier in Game. Didn't start well. Popped it into the pc and got an "arma autorun cannot be found please close and contact Microsoft" or some such. Wasn't boding well. Went in the cd directory and ran it from there no problem.

Its a buggy game no doubt. Still at the training section. 1st bug at the first aid part when I went to drag/carry a wounded guy my character wouldn't move. Few restarts later that fixed itself. Stuck now on helicopter training. When I land the chopper to pick up troops my copilot tells me "1 DISAMBARK". I find myself outside the chopper with no way to get back inside while he wanders off into the distance. Cue restart. Again and again and again.......

That said I'm finding it great fun. Holding my attention more than any other game in the past 6 months. Running it on a alright system E6600, 8800gtx, 2gb ram. Upped the default res from 1284x748 to 1600x900 with no noticable drop in fps (not running FRAPS or anything). That said there was no huge difference in the graphical quality either. My internet connection is patchy at best so i'm looking for something to keep me busy offline (used to play COD4 online when I had a good connection) and I reckon this could do the job.

To those who have patched the game a link would be appreciated. I tried google but seem to get links to german sites and such.

If you liked OPF go for it, you won't be disappointed. Good stopgap at least till OPF:dragon rising comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

console gamer now PC
    lovin arma2
    i got the xbox360 controller and getting better @ it now
    finding it hard to get into mulitplayer games for some reason any advice would be great
    DUBLINHITMAN is my gamer name

I'm failing quite badly at this. In the bootcamp task where you raid the village with the "insurgents", I usually kill 2 or 3 of them and then just die without any idea of where the killer was :/

On the other hand, I played the first mission of the campaign where you have to blow up the radar station and then do some laser target marking fun without any problems. Failed one of the objectives (regroup at a particular point) because one of the AI retards in my squad got stuck in a tree :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Are you spy checking?

• Advertisement

Spy sappin' mah hummvee :(

IS THERE SOPWITH CAMELS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Stephen wrote: »
    Spy sappin' mah hummvee :(

Does this mean you have left L4D 4D?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got this in Gamestop for the low price of 29.99 which is very good as they are robbing BASTURDS big time.

Any who....installed 1st time no probs updated immediately to version 1.2....plays and runs really well. 1st thing to do is turn down the head bob, its great when you start to play but after an hour its like watching a PRODIGY VIDEO. I am using the very latest nVidia driver 186.18 and runs very well even the beta 186.06 was the best I have used.

Also turn of the post processing (HDR Bloom etc) it looks very good but puts you at a dis-advantage...you can spot enemies much quicker. I also just bought the Saitek X52 Pro's and I can tell you flying the heli's and the planes is a joy....slight problem with the rudder controls but very good.

Played on a 25 man server last night only killed about 3 peeps all night but it was great fun and very real....but was part of a great squad and done some great search and destroy missions.

I play the game at 1920x1200 with everything maxed with PP turned off.....very good game but very steep learning curve.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Does this mean you have left L4D 4D?

Absolutely not, <3 L4D.

I have room for more than 1 game in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

when do you become a marksman in the campaign or are you cooper throughout the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

when do you become a marksman in the campaign or are you cooper throughout the campaign

If your looking to use the sniper rifle, you can switch team members by pressing T and selecting the member with the rifle.

Does the 1.02 make a big difference?
    Im still waiting to buy the game, Im still playing a downloaded version and the number of crashes occurring in the campaign missions make it unplayable and Im concerned the patch will not fix this issue.

Krieg wrote: »

Im still waiting to buy the game, Im still playing a downloaded version and the number of crashes occurring in the campaign missions make it unplayable and Im concerned the patch will not fix this issue.

Much of muchness tbh, with a game like this there will always be people who have a problem.

I was paranoid about buying it but 35 blips made it easier. Other than the PP bug 1.02 is fine for me 6850 2gb 4870. had one crash in training but playing it online now and its simply awesome.

6 kills in one 3 hour game and i earned those 6 kills :D

Krieg wrote: »
    If your looking to use the sniper rifle, you can switch team members by pressing T and selecting the member with the rifle.

Well war (yes i know what it means)
    wonda boy sems to have it running fine with it

anywho...
    DOES IT HAVE THE SOPWITH CAMEL????
    and is there any desert>????

• Advertisement

Mousey- wrote: »

anywho...
    DOES IT HAVE THE SOPWITH CAMEL????
    and is there any desert>????

http://www.arma2.com/vehicles_en.html