Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devin Townsend Project - Ki

• 02-06-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else here got a listen to this yet? Devin Townsend has rarely let me down, always doing something different, and Ki is definitely taking a new direction again. Really only just getting to grips with the album myself, it's quite a listen. A lot more chilled and atmospheric than Devin Townsend Band.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, though his mellower accomplishments always seem to be a bit more exploratory of different styles etc. Wasn't too sure whether to wait til next year either to get the Eight Disc Box-Set or buy each album individually.

Appearantly a world tour will follow too. Interesting to see his choice of live musicians considering the eclectic mix of virtuoesos he has on board for each album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The lord and master of the skullet is back, and proving once again that he don't disappoint. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Passenger wrote: »
    Wasn't too sure whether to wait til next year either to get the Eight Disc Box-Set or buy each album individually.

I didn't hear about the box set until I had bought this album. D'oh. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

This release totally passed me by. Townsend is one of few that rarely lets me down. Was only yesterday when I had Ziltoid and Vai's Sex & Religion playing whilst chilling out the back in the sun.

Will have to check this out soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great album. There's an air of restraint about it all... like he's holding back on purpose which makes it very different from his other albums. It's a great, mostly chilled listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Not really mad about it after the first listen, it's very repetitive.
    I'm really looking forward to the 2nd & 3rd albums which are supposedly like 'Life' from Ocean Machine & what Townsend was trying to achieve with SYL, respectively.
    And God knows what the 4th 'New Age' album will sound like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I wasn't a huge fan on my first few listens. It's a different direction (again) for him. Like all his stuff, I'll listen a few more times until I pass final judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

met the man years ago when syl played in dublin. he couldnt have been nicer despite dying with a cold.

always preferred syl and the infinity album. but i might give this a go

Advertisement