Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka to Real for €65m - reports

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ah the Brisbane Times, they are always my first port of call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

They'll need more than Kaka to overhaul Barca. Wonder who's next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

deal isnt done, chelsea have stepped in and made a counter offer thus stopping the negotiations with madrid. he himself still has the final say as well and its up to him if he goes or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

mayordenis wrote: »
    Ah the Brisbane Times, they are always my first port of call.
    Don't disrespect the Brisbane times. They know their Cricket :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

But Spanish Radio have confirmed it to Sky Sports too

http://www.skysports.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

According to wiki we all imagined the last 6 years
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1

he actually left sao paulo in 2003 but didn't play football at all until 2009 where he joined real and has already played 193 times scoring 70 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hmmmm, confusing to say the least.

Kaka says today
    "I say it for the last time, I don't want to leave Milan," Kaka told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "To the millions of AC Milan fans I say my decision has been made. I have said I want to stay."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8078735.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Apparently he's been offered €9m a year (€175,000 a week) for the next five seasons.

Not bad is it? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Doesn't look like a done deal by any means, probably just agreed a preliminary price in reality.
    However, a spokesman for the 27-year-old says that while an approach has been made, no agreement has yet been struck.

Kaka's father and agent Bosco Leite is said to have revealed that a deal was agreed following three-way talks between himself, newly-installed Real president Florentino Perez and AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

However, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho said: "Kaka will listen to Real and decide whether or not to make the transfer.

Source: Sporting Life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

supposedly Chelsea are gonna hijack the deal

• Advertisement

Apparently he's been offered €9m a year (€175,000 a week) for the next five seasons.

Not bad is it? :eek:

he is on just over 8 million and a higher image rights percentage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is this real? i mean replace Kaka's name with Ronaldo's and itd be exactley like a hell of a lot of marca reports that never lead to a transfer, and after the whole Kaka to City saga where he adamantley declared he has no intetion of leaving Milan and with Leoardo now in charge at Milan im not too inclined to believe this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please let this be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

from what perspctive mike65?

are you a real fan?

anti meelan?

or anti chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5360176,00.html

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser is reporting Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a €65million (£56million) deal, although his spokesman has countered that while an approach has been made no agreement has yet been struck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Between the recent tax increases in the UK and the very permissive Spanish tax regime for footballers an English club would need almost double the cash to match the net wage.

from what perspctive mike65?

are you a real fan?

anti meelan?

or anti chelsea?

None of the above (well anti-Chelsea a bit!), I want Xabi Alonso to stay at Anfield! The more dosh they blow on players like Kaka the better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i read somewhere if this happened VDV and Sneijder would be up for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Wonder how this will go down with C. Ronaldo............don't think he'd like the idea of sharing the limelight with Kaka. Might encourage him to stay at United.

mike65 wrote: »
    None of the above (well anti-Chelsea a bit!), I want Xabi Alonso to stay at Anfield! The more dosh they blow on players like Kaka the better.

ah I couldn't blame you for wanting to keep him, but I think they have more than enough money to go around.

Would sneijder suit United I think he might.

I'm a chelsea fan btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

There's no way Real would splash out even more for Ronaldo if they end up paying €65 million for Kaka.

And if that means no more Ronaldo to Real headlines this summer, that automatically makes this the greatest transfer in the history of transfers.

Daysha wrote: »
    There's no way Real would splash out even more for Ronaldo if they end up paying €65 million for Kaka.

And if that means no more Ronaldo to Real headlines this summer, that automatically makes this the greatest transfer in the history of transfers.

It is Real though under Perez.

I think they will spend a lot more than that this summer.

Their plan is to completely replace their attacking players, out with the dutch and in with ribery villa, silva, kaka and ronaldo.

Perez has said that his strategy is to buy one galactico a year but now he has to play catch up and buy 3 or 4, bear in mind how much zidane, figo, ronaldo cost.

From the Guardian.
    The election of Florentino Pérez almost guarantees a summer splurge to herald the beginning of the second age of the galácticos. The rumoured replacement for Juande Ramos is Villarreal's Manuel Pellegrini and he may walk into a dressing room containing Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Xabi Alonso. Room may be made in the bath by the sale of most of the Dutch contingent

Possible departures Fabio Cannavaro (signed for Juventus), Royston Drenthe, Arjen Robben, Javier Saviola , Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart

Possible arrivals Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter), Kaka (Milan), Álvaro Negredo (Almeria), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd), Carlos Tevez (Man Utd), David Silva, David Villa, Raúl Albiol (all Valencia)

I had hoped the recession would mean an end to this trophy player crap but its going to be worse than ever this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

BBC seem to believe there is some truth in the reports.

Interesting the bit about Pato at the end. Havent heard any rumours about him being on the move. Wonder who it is? Chelski perchance?
    Milan braced for Kaka departure

AC Milan are struggling to keep hold of star midfielder Kaka as reports emerged that Real Madrid had agreed a world record £56m transfer for the Brazilian.

"I don't know if we'll be able to keep Kaka at Milan because they offer him so much money," said club owner Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

Chelsea, whose new manager is former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, have also been linked with the 27-year-old.

Kaka's father and agent was in Madrid to seal the deal, according to reports.

"We have had requests for Kaka and Pato from two of Europe's biggest clubs

As well as Kaka's father Bosco Leite, AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani was also in Madrid, though Milan insisted that was because he had been invited to a dinner for the election of Florentino Perez as Real Madrid's new president.

Earlier this year Kaka rejected a £100m transfer and a reported wage offer of £500,000 a week to Manchester City and in an interview on Tuesday the Brazilian told Gazzetta dello Sport he wanted to stay with the Serie A club.

In January Berlusconi admitted the scale of City's offer made it difficult for the club to keep hold of the Brazilian.

Returning Real president Perez was previously in charge of the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 during the famous Galacticos era that resulted in the spending of large fees to bring the likes of Ronaldo, David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane, for a world record £46m, to the club.

Perez's comeback is on the back of a pledge to relaunch another Galacticos era, with Kaka one of his chief targets.

When Ancelotti was confirmed as the new Chelsea manager on Monday he was immediately linked with Kaka as part of reported ambitious spending plans of his own, which are also thought to include Kaka's Milan teammate Alexandre Pato.

The 49-year-old Italian, who officially takes over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July, hinted at a potential move, and stated: "There is one player I would like to take but I cannot take him with me."

Kaka, the Fifa 2007 World Player of the Year, joined Milan from Sao Paolo in September 2003.

The deal with Madrid is reportedly for five years, with a salary worth £7m a year.

Galliani has reiterated recently that Milan might find it difficult to turn down offers for their prize Brazilian assets.

"We have had requests for Kaka and Pato from two of Europe's biggest clubs and we will try and resist but there is an uneven playing field," said Galliani.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8080228.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Reports say that Ancelotti wants Pato at Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

VDV to spurs :) watch this space

There where reports of a €300m spending spree this summer so that still leaves ample money to buy ronaldo and ribery and stick diarra behind that three pronged attack looks pretty sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

VDV to spurs :) watch this space

There where reports of a €300m spending spree this summer so that still leaves ample money to buy ronaldo and ribery and stick diarra behind that three pronged attack looks pretty sweet

Leave Xabi well alone and im happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If this is true where's the City bid? They have already offered a lot more than €65m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Daysha wrote: »

This is a good point.

Still, I Real do sign Ronaldo, Ribery and Xabi Alonso, as well as Kaka, that'd be some midfield. And that's ignoring the players they currently have.

I'd certainly think they're going to make one more signing. Most likely (based on current rumours) Xabi Alonso. Surely they don't have the money for Ronaldo and/or Ribrery too? (I'm open to correction on this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Why are Berlusconi and Galliani going on about an uneven playing field? Milan should not be bullied around financially, considering they are owned by one of the world's richest men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If this is true where's the City bid? They have already offered a lot more than €65m.
    They are hardly going to bid when he lol'd at them last time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Sure they have Barry

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

As a Milan fan,I can honestly say this would be the worst transfer ever.Galliani is a nothing but a liar,laughing a suggestions he was in Spain,saying he was on a beach in Italy:mad:

Milan have already let a quality midfielder go,Gourcuff.Now they want Kaka out,he has chipped in with 16 goals this season and numourous assits.There is no obvious replacement.

People go on about how the money will benifit the club,I would believe this if it was any other club other than Milan.Silvio wants to clear the debts,thats it.He dosent care about the team and the performances as much as he used to.

For a club to treat a player like this is a disgrace,a player who has said he wanted to end his footballing life at Milan,leading the team and following in the footsteps of Maldini,and this is how they treat him.

I dont blame him if he has agreed terms with Real tbh.The sooner Silvio sells the club the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Silvio might lose his positions if he gets truly in trouble for his relationship with that (very very very very) young girl (in fact, I'm 22 and I'd feel dodge with an 18 year old, what he's doing is beyond belief) he'll have lots of time for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Silvio might lose his positions if he gets truly in trouble for his relationship with that (very very very very) young girl (in fact, I'm 22 and I'd feel dodge with an 18 year old, what he's doing is beyond belief) he'll have lots of time for Milan.

But its Slivio though,he can get away with racist remarks against Barrack Obama:P

Dont get me wrong,he has done alot for the club,but I think his time has come.Hopefully them Arab lads will buy the club

• Advertisement

As a Milan fan,I can honestly say this would be the worst transfer ever.Galliani is a nothing but a liar,laughing a suggestions he was in Spain,saying he was on a beach in Italy:mad:

Milan have already let a quality midfielder go,Gourcuff.Now they want Kaka out,he has chipped in with 16 goals this season and numourous assits.There is no obvious replacement.

People go on about how the money will benifit the club,I would believe this if it was any other club other than Milan.Silvio wants to clear the debts,thats it.He dosent care about the team and the performances as much as he used to.

For a club to treat a player like this is a disgrace,a player who has said he wanted to end his footballing life at Milan,leading the team and following in the footsteps of Maldini,and this is how they treat him.

I dont blame him if he has agreed terms with Real tbh.The sooner Silvio sells the club the better.

I can only imagine how annoyed I would be if I were a Milan fan. The fact that they also mentioned it being difficult to hold on to Pato would cause me great concern as well.

As you have said, they appear to be ignoring that Kaka has repeatedly stated his deisre to stay at Milan. The quote attributed to Berlusconi in English is that they would find it difficult to keep Kaka because of the money he is being offered by Madrid, the implication being that Kaka will leave for the money.

From what I can gather, this is not the case, and if Kaka does leave he will have been gently nudged out the door.

TBH I really hope he doesn't move to Real coz I think they would waste his talent like they do to most players(Ronaldo, Robben, Cannavaro, Huntelarr etc.). I think he's better off at Milan than anywhere else(well I'd love to see him playing for Inter but that will never happen) and he could be a great if he stays there.

The problem is that Silvio is the greatest media genius there has ever been, and will eventually spin the story in such a way that the entire male Italian population thinks 'Silvio you legend, getting the leg over an 18 year-old despite being in your 70s.'

i actually am extremely tilted over this transfer, more so than any other one. i welcomed the sale of shevchenko so that didnt bother me but to not bother sufficiently trying to bring back gourcuff and then sell kaka is what drives me nuts. he has apparently refused to answer questions at brazil training so i presume thats it done and it will be finalised tomorrow. there is no point in bringing in leonardo and talking up his potential only then to offload your star player and hint at the exit of Pato who is set to be phenominal in my opinion although he did flourish when kaka was out injured and not in the squad so perhaps its a case of trying to suit the next superstar over the current one much like shevchenko leaving and kaka achieving greater things.

ugh to the whole tihng anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

If reports from the City saga are to be believed, Kaka is not as interested in money as most 'common' footballers are. He's a religious man apparantly and wants to be a pastor when he finishes with football - I know this sounds stupid and unrealistic and probably is. I think when people like us fans think about transfers and the likes we all too often neglect to consider the little things that influence players decisions. If I were to hazard a guess at whether or not a player was going to go to another club I'd try to consider the family life and ambition and loyalty and geographical locality of a player before the amount the clubs being offered (Harry Redknap to Newcastle early last season - favorite? Never). That applies conversely with clubs selling players (United selling Ronaldo with more than 2 years on his contract for ANY price? Never)

...IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

carlop wrote: »
    The problem is that Silvio is the greatest media genius there has ever been, and will eventually spin the story in such a way that the entire male Italian population thinks 'Silvio you legend, getting the leg over an 18 year-old despite being in your 70s.'

...coz he ownes ALL the media...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

He's not so much a media genius, more a politically corrupt genius who has amended media ownership laws in his favour. Just one of the many, many charms of old perve Berlusconi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

dor83 wrote: »
    TBH I really hope he doesn't move to Real coz I think they would waste his talent like they do to most players(Ronaldo, Robben, Cannavaro, Huntelarr etc.). I think he's better off at Milan than anywhere else(well I'd love to see him playing for Inter but that will never happen) and he could be a great if he stays there.
    Cannavaro - 2 ligas in 3 years and given a standing ovation by the madrileños on his last appearance at the Bernabéu as the team were losing their fourth consecutive game (notoriously hard fans to please btw)

Ronaldo - won his only ever major league title at Madrid, won the Pichichi (golden boot) award, scored over 100 goals and finished as their top scorer 5 seasons running

Robben - lit up la liga last season (when fit)

Huntelarr - only signed mid-season, had a slow start but did make a big impact in their vain persuit of Barcelona

Who else??

kinaldo wrote: »
    Cannavaro - 2 ligas in 3 years and given a standing ovation by the madrileños on his last appearance at the Bernabéu (notoriously hard fans to please btw)

Ronaldo - won his only ever major league title at Madrid, won the Pichichi (golden boot) award, scored over 100 goals and finished as their top scorer 5 seasons running

Robben - lit up la liga last season (when fit)

Huntelarr - only signed mid-season, made a slow start but started to make a big impact in their vain persuit of Barcelona

Who else??

Cannavaro never played his best football after leaving Juve.
    Ronaldo only played 120odd games and didn't score over 100 goals in his 5 seasons there(Thats about 25 games a season), they simply didn't play him as much as they should and also allowed him to become unfit while there(his move to Milan proved this when they improved his fitness levels dramaticaly)
    Robben OK, I was wrong about him, I thought he was there longer and played less.
    Huntelarr will be moved on this summer coz he is surplus to requirements, he's not a big enough name and Ruud will be back too.

As for who else, Cassano and Samuel is probably the biggest example of this as he was rated as one of the best in the world when he went there and after one season was rated very badly. Personaly I think its due to lack of stability with managers and squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Cannavaro never played his best football after leaving Juve.
    Ronaldo only played 120odd games and didn't score over 100 goals in his 5 seasons there
    He definitely scored over 100 goals if you include the CL and other competitions

(lest we forget his hat-trick at Old Trafford)

And Cannavaro was about 32 or 33 when he signed so of course his best years were behind him.

He's not so much a media genius, more a politically corrupt genius who has amended media ownership laws in his favour. Just one of the many, many charms of old perve Berlusconi.

Yeah I know, it truly is remarkable how he can still be in power. Many political analysts have said that his involvement in football played a key part in his rise to power back in the early 1990s. Indeed, if you read over his speeches, they are laden with footballing metaphors. When he announced his intention to enter politics, he said it was time for him to 'scendere in campo,' literally meaning come down on to the pitch. Maybe he no longer wants to be associated with football in Italy, given the negativity that tends to surround it these days.

Or maybe he wants to reach out to Inter and Juve fans. He will somehow find a way to blame it all on the leftist media though, kind of like a political incarnation of After Hours.

kinaldo wrote: »
    He definitely scored over 100 goals if you include the CL and other competitions
    I was only talking about league, but he sill wasn't the player he should have been and imo opinion its because of Real. Anyway we're going off topic here, I just don't like Real and would prefer Kaka to stay at Milan and thats saying something coming from an Inter fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I was only talking about league, but he sill wasn't the player he should have been and imo opinion its because of Real. Anyway we're going off topic here, I just don't like Real and would prefer Kaka to stay at Milan and thats saying something coming from an Inter fan.

Just because you dislike a club doesnt mean you can say they ruined players careers, thats just nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Yeah I know, it truly is remarkable how he can still be in power. Many political analysts have said that his involvement in football played a key part in his rise to power back in the early 1990s. Indeed, if you read over his speeches, they are laden with footballing metaphors. When he announced his intention to enter politics, he said it was time for him to 'scendere in campo,' literally meaning come down on to the pitch. Maybe he no longer wants to be associated with football in Italy, given the negativity that tends to surround it these days.

Or maybe he wants to reach out to Inter and Juve fans. He will somehow find a way to blame it all on the leftist media though, kind of like a political incarnation of After Hours.

Yeah i'd agree with that, he has used Milan to establish a national profile needed for politics. Now Milan are like his pesky ex wife/wives, needing money when his interests are elsewhere. As But its not all doom and gloom for Milan they got Beckham coming back don't they?:p

Fromvert wrote: »
    Just because you dislike a club doesnt mean you can say they ruined players careers, thats just nonsense.
    I don't want to take over this thread with this, its off topic. If you or anybody else want to argue my reasons for saying it then feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to give my reasons and thats the last time I'm going off topic and discussing it in this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement