Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka to Real for €65m - reports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Who the **** could like Real ?

Not if you breast fed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Seems like a case of Milan needing the money/being unable to turn down the ridiculous money being offered.

Kaka has always said he never wants to leave so it would seem the club are the one's letting him go. The decision was left to him last summer regarding Man City and he chose to stay. That tells you the money is definitely not the determining factor for him.

Very sad that such a great player is being caught in the middle of a circus. Only a matter of time before Milan accept a huge offer. The only silver lining for Kaka may be that he does have the final say in which club he would rather move to assuming the bids are similar from the different clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Chelsea launch £73.5million bid for Kaka according to Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5361556,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Christ sake! :eek:

City next, 100 million anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Looks like Roman is dusting off the Cheque book this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Yep we'll be self sufficient in a year no problem..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tvnutz wrote: »
    Chelsea launch £73.5million bid for Kaka according to Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5361556,00.html
    Chelsea's £73.5million bid is reported to be backed up by an offer of £10million-a-year in wages after tax for Kaka in a bid to lure him to Stamford Bridge.

Roman's not messing about. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FFS, thought Messi was flavour of the week? Who's this Kaka chap? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Roman's not messing about. :eek:

Good ol' Sky Sports:
    Chelsea have categorically denied making an audacious £73.5million offer for AC Milan playmaker Kaka.

Sky Sports News sources understand that the world record bid has been tabled in an attempt to bring the gifted Brazil international to Stamford Bridge.

And they seem to see nothing contradictory in those two paragraphs.

(Link)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I won't believe Kaka, Villa, etc are gone anywhere until I see them proudly wearing their new teams jersey.

Would love to see Kaka in the prem league though, so hopefully City or Chelsea will stump up the cash.

Boggles wrote: »
    I won't believe Kaka, Villa, etc are gone anywhere until I see them proudly wearing their new teams jersey.

Would love to see Kaka in the prem league though, so hopefully City or Chelsea will stump up the cash.

You, a United fan, would like Chelsea to sign Kaka?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This hardly deserves a thread of it's own? Can a mod throw this into the summer transfer rumors post?

The second Murcia is a source you can almost always come to the conclusion that this is fantasy.

With leo in charge I can see all the Brazilian players sticking around for a while yet, after all, he signed them!

Hopefully Leo will be given more control over transfers than Carlo was, he has been behind all of milans good signings since he become head scout/whatever his actual title was, was the other bald idiot (Galliani) who signed the wasters (emerson, flavali) and let Yoan leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

JPA wrote: »
    You, a United fan, would like Chelsea to sign Kaka?

Why not? It's the league I watch the most, I want to watch the best players, United ain't gona sign him and the only other 2 that can afford him are the ones I mentioned.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    This hardly deserves a thread of it's own? Can a mod throw this into the summer transfer rumors post?

Potential World Record signing deserves a thread of it's IMO, if we can tolerate the weekly Ronaldo Rumour thread I think we can't tolerate this.

Why not? It's the league I watch the most, I want to watch the best players, United ain't gona sign him and the only other 2 that can afford him are the ones I mentioned.

Potential World Record signing deserves a thread of it's IMO, if we can tolerate the weekly Ronaldo Rumour thread I think we can't tolerate this.

It's one thing to say it as a neutral but wanting 2 of your biggest rivals to drastically improve? Anyway, doesn't matter.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Amen.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The only time it would be certain Kaka wont leave Milan is if we have a owner who realises the importance of the player on the pitch and not his wallet.

Kaka was 100% staying at Milan when the City malarky arose,only to have his owners try and cash in on him,not only cash in on him but try and force him out.When Kaka refused to sign for city,Berlusconi announces that he is a hero for conviencing Kaka to stay:mad:

To treat your top player like this is a joke,look how Barca look after Messi,Kaka is that important to Milan.He is irreplaceable in that team tbh.Galliani has already stated this week how hard it is for Italian clubs to sign big names,as a result of the huge tax on the high end earners in Italy.Fantastic way to persude players to join:rolleyes:

As for Kaka's father/agent,it seems he is only interested in his own gains,finacially that is.He seems not to care about his sons happiness.Kaka has said Milan have made him what he is,that he wants to stay there for life,captain the club and become the next "Maldini" and yet Gailliani and Berlusconi treat him like this,disgrace tbh:mad:

Milan fans are protesting outside the clubs HQ about this potential sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

For all the doubters:
    AC Milan midfielder Kaka is expected to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player on Monday after completing a medical. The Brazil international's full medical was scheduled to take place a 9am local time, 1pm BST, at the national team's base in Recife.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653442&sec=transfers&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looks like R.Madrid have broken the transfer record

Kaka had hes medical today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's mad, Ted !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

why would kaka go to real, they are rubbish and a disgrace to modern football

and that perez bloke quoted a few days ago

"we want to buy the best in spanish quality and then harps on about pato, kaka and ribery"

when I last checked they were brazilian and french.

I hope real get relegated next season and suffer another hammering by one of the 'top 4' in the CL, not to mention being in the shadows of Barca who are alot more respectibale

Real somehow remind me of a more wealthier and ludricious version of Newcastle United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

legs11 wrote: »
    why would kaka go to real, they are rubbish and a disgrace to modern football

and that perez bloke quoted a few days ago

"we want to buy the best in spanish quality and then harps on about pato, kaka and ribery"

when I last checked they were brazilian and french.

I hope real get relegated next season and suffer another hammering by one of the 'top 4' in the CL, not to mention being in the shadows of Barca who are alot more respectibale

Real somehow remind me of a more wealthier and lubricious version of Newcastle United.

ah but Real Madrid are the Kings team. that means anyone who plays for them becomes Spanish royalty don't ya know? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i feel sorry for the milan fans in this.

sold up the river by burlosconi and galliani from what i can tell.

disgrace.

wouldn't be surprised to see pato to chelsea next.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i feel sorry for the milan fans in this.

sold up the river by burlosconi and galliani from what i can tell.

disgrace.

wouldn't be surprised to see pato to chelsea next.

could there be a possibility of them having made the sale out of financial need? i know Berlesconi has stopped putting the money into them like used, but could there be more at stake here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So much money for a player of his age, 27. Unbelievable money, stupid to turn it down.

PHB wrote: »
    So much money for a player of his age, 27. Unbelievable money, stupid to turn it down.

his game relies neither on physical strength or pace. he'll be able to play on for a long time like Zizou.

Exactly my thoughts, he is at his peak now and Milan can buy a handfull of top player for that cash.

Perez won't be happy until he has Los Galacticos part 2.

could there be a possibility of them having made the sale out of financial need? i know Berlesconi has stopped putting the money into them like used, but could there be more at stake here?

your right leninbenjamin

Ac Milan just dont have the money,just have to looks at the squad,some lot of old timers there

average age is 29

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just going by who have been linked to them:

they could buy Sneijder and VDV to replace him plus Adebayor and Philippe Mexes with only using the money from selling Kaka.

Of course that doesent take into account wages etc

Ac must be gutted they had to turn down 100m

Zidane was 28 when he signed. Was he worth it? I don't know.

• Advertisement

Still won't believe it untill I see it, the player doesn't want to leave, it is the exact opposite of the Shevchenko transfer, where the club wanted him to stay and the player asked to leave, Kaka has begged Leonardo to make the board see sense, Leo when appointed was told nobody would be sold, the Player has said a million time he doesn't want to leave.

I think it's time for Don silvio to go. Cheers for rebuilding us and making us the most successful club of all time.

Thanks for Weah, Sheva, Dejan, Zoro, Paolo, Franco, Demetrio, Nesta, Bierhof, The Rock. thanks for giving us Ricky.
    Thanks for 5 european cups. thanks for 8 League titles,
    But leave, now, you don't care enough anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kaka is not that good, not even close. He used to be but his and Milan's form has been nothing short of average in the past few years. great deal for AC but the mind boggles. If they knew Kaka was going to be sold this summer why not get the Gourcouff replacement for free?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Kaka is not that good, not even close. He used to be but his and Milan's form has been nothing short of average in the past few years. great deal for AC but the mind boggles. If they knew Kaka was going to be sold this summer why not get the Gourcouff replacement for free?

Talking through your hoop mate. Even after missing almost half the season he was one of the bets players in the world this year.

Gourcouff was sold last summer tbh, was too late. Once the put the sale clause in the loan agreement he was gone because it was guarenteed Bordaux (whatever way its spelt) were gonna match the fee and he was gonna leave.

I reckon if he'd known that Carlo was going then he would have stayed as Carleto was the reason he left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

just going by who have been linked to them:

they could buy Sneijder and VDV to replace him plus Adebayor and Philippe Mexes with only using the money from selling Kaka.

Of course that doesent take into account wages etc

If Ronaldo Fecked off to Madrid and United got Players of that calibre in with the money it would be a nice consolation! I'd be miffed but long term it would be a good deal.

If Milan get Adebayor, Sneijder and a top class Centre back out of this they will be doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Seaneh wrote: »
    Talking through your hoop mate. Even after missing almost half the season he was one of the bets players in the world this year.

This is just not true. He was not Messi standard, not Gerrard standard, not Iniesta standard, not Ribery standard etc. and the year before he was average again. On his day he is pure class but he is extremely patchy. If they can keep him on form then they've made a good buy but even still it's not worth the money

Edit: Also, was the sale clause in Yoann's contract not a first option clause. I'd doubt they decided to loan him out for no other reason then to sell him next year and I was fairly sure they made a conscious choice of whether to keep him this year and decided not to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

TBH i would'nt put Kaka in the top three players in the world bracket and 65m is crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Real Madrid have about as much class as a bunch of chavs with cans of dutch gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

To all the people who are talking about Kaka and how good he was, please honestly state before any opinion how many matches you actually watched him play this year? [perhaps you've seen him and I'm jumping to conclusions]

Having a general opinion on him is fine obviously, but like seriously, just because his team weren't in the CL doesn't mean he had a poor season. It just means most of us didn't see him.

I saw him play in the league about 4 times, thats it. But he was pretty decent in the league this year, with 16 goals and 9 assists wouldnt you say thats pretty darn good? To say he was average is laughable.

Steven Gerrard's stats? The exact bloody same. 16 goals and 9 assists in 31 games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

To all the people who are talking about Kaka and how good he was, please honestly state before any opinion how many matches you actually watched him play this year? [perhaps you've seen him and I'm jumping to conclusions]

Having a general opinion on him is fine obviously, but like seriously, just because his team weren't in the CL doesn't mean he had a poor season. It just means most of us didn't see him.

I saw him play in the league about 4 times, thats it. But he was pretty decent in the league this year, with 16 goals and 9 assists wouldnt you say thats pretty darn good? To say he was average is laughable.

Steven Gerrard's stats? The exact bloody same. 16 goals and 9 assists in 31 games!
    What's Gerrard got to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,460 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Highsider wrote: »
    What's Gerrard got to do with anything?

People are saying Gerrard had a great season. People are saying Kaka was average last season. the stats have them having the same season. that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

KaKa signs six year deal for Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

enviro wrote: »
    KaKa signs six year deal for Real Madrid

Link or GTFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Link

EDIT: They got this bit wrong though
    The Ballon d’Or winner had turned down a move to Manchester United said to be worth £100m in January, but was convinced by Real Madrid.

dor83 wrote: »

dor83 your full of links today

more money then sense imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8082147.stm

€67 million, 2 million of which goes to Sao Paulo.

• Advertisement

Breaking news on Setanta or here if you can read spanish http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/es/Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Looks like Madrid of wads of cash to spunk away again.
    Watch out for the Vidic/John Terry to Madrid stories which will start soon enough.

The have a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I expect the centre of Milan will be in flames fairly shortly.

kippy wrote: »
    Looks like Madrid of wads of cash to spunk away again.
    Watch out for the Vidic/John Terry to Madrid stories which will start soon enough.

The have a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the team.

:)

can you not remember the Galáctico team

edit

I cant wait,ill say it again,I cant wait to see R.Madrid destroy itself from within,my hatred for them is immense

Have Madrid ever had a great back four?

• Advertisement
Advertisement