Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka to Real for €65m - reports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

enviro wrote: »
    Breaking news on Setanta or here if you can read spanish http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/es/Home

I can read the link for the english of it up the top.

Stupid money for any player, no matter how good they are.Hopefully this stops the Ronaldo rumours, but I doubt it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Kaka,

You muppet.

CHD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CHD wrote: »
    Kaka,

You muppet.

CHD.
    wasn't his choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Seaneh wrote: »
    wasn't his choice.
    Reject move, stay at Milan. There not gona drop him.

CHD wrote: »
    Reject move, stay at Milan. There not gona drop him.

Business is not that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Have they got more money to spend this summer or is this all?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun8w.html <---

"I didn't want to leave" - Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i feel kind of sorry for Kaka (as much as one can feel sorry for any multimillionaire footballer), as he does genuinely only seem to be moving as its in the best interests of Milan rather then what he wants. I know it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he has always seemed like football was more then just money to him, which he proved by turning down Man City. This time though, i get the impression Milan have left him in no doubt that the money was needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ferguson really needs to be shown the back door now.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

CorkMan wrote: »
    What?

Must be a United fan who had hopes of kaka joining them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I didn't know he was into cottaging. You learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653534&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Reports suggest that the transfer fee is around 68m euros ($94.05m or £58.9m), thereby smashing the previous world record of £47m set by Real in 2001 when they bought Zinedine Zidane from Juventus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ShaneU wrote: »
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653534&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Reports suggest that the transfer fee is around 68m euros ($94.05m or £58.9m), thereby smashing the previous world record of £47m set by Real in 2001 when they bought Zinedine Zidane from Juventus.

that's actually not a world record.

Zidane moved for €73million, that still stands.

But it's a record in sterling because Sterling has devalued so much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

PHB wrote: »
    To all the people who are talking about Kaka and how good he was, please honestly state before any opinion how many matches you actually watched him play this year? [perhaps you've seen him and I'm jumping to conclusions]

Having a general opinion on him is fine obviously, but like seriously, just because his team weren't in the CL doesn't mean he had a poor season. It just means most of us didn't see him.

I saw him play in the league about 4 times, thats it. But he was pretty decent in the league this year, with 16 goals and 9 assists wouldnt you say thats pretty darn good? To say he was average is laughable.

Steven Gerrard's stats? The exact bloody same. 16 goals and 9 assists in 31 games!

I watched him in far more than 4 Serie A games, including highlights you're talking 20 at least at a conservative estimate and for you to judge his season in only 4 games is in all respect laughable in itself. Obviously it's an opinion based on what you expected from Kaka but I felt he underperformed in the last two seasons and has become a worse player due to inconsistency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I felt he underperformed in the last two seasons and has become a worse player due to inconsistency

he was always fairly inconsistent though, but that didn't stop him contributing massively to Milan's achievements while he was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

d3mon24 wrote: »
    Have they got more money to spend this summer or is this all?

Apparently there is approximately €250m to spend. Ribery, Ronaldo, Albiol, Xabi Alonso and David Villa are still all to be targets according to Marca, Real Madrids daily propaganda sheet.

A few things about this move

1. It could be the death of Italian football as a European force. They complain for years that they cannot attract the biggets players anymore, then they do this. If the money is not re invested into the playing squad, continued mediocrity in Europe beckons. i realise it is only one club who sold him, but it is a statment about the league IMO.

2. Perez can talk the talk and he will spend the money. It is not his money though a lá a Roman Abramovich or Man Citys guys. Whether his policy of signing was could be an entire new team sits well with the members (who own the club) remains to be seen. His last presidency left the club in the mire for a few years after an initail bout of success.

3. €56 for an injury prone player? Is this signing a statement of intent, a merchandising ploy or do they honestly think his injuries are behind him.

4. An interesting season lies ahead for Real. They have a fine new managerm, but it remains to be seen whether he can cut it at a huge club with constant board interference. They will continue to spend, but do we know does Pelligrini even want the players touted? He is, afgterall, more Arsene Wenger than, say, Harry Redknapp, in that he thrives working with and indentifying younger talent and bringing them through. He will be expected to win either the league or the Champions League on his first run also. No easy chore given how superior Barca were all season domestically, and given how strong the English clubs, and Barcelona and maybe Inter will be in Europe.

Let the games begin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

enviro wrote: »
    Have Madrid ever had a great back four?

It was probably fairly reasonable around the time of Puskas and Di Stefano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Perez is at it again - its going to be a fascinating La Liga next year. Perez really does like his fantasy teams - he is assured to sign another 1 or 2 superstars. Let's face it, the drawing power of Madrid is second to none. When they come calling 99% of players will respond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol and people had the cheek to accuse City of running football.

And as for Kaka, lol at him passing this off as doing Milan a favour. If he really cared he would've earned them an extra 40 million 5 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Xavi6 wrote: »

And as for Kaka, lol at him passing this off as doing Milan a favour. If he really cared he would've earned them an extra 40 million 5 months ago.

Yeah, this "I didn't want to leave" is a load of sh!te to keep Milan fans happy. He didn't want to leave before and they didn't sell him. Incidently, that time when City bid for him he said Madrid are the only team he'd go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I don't think anyone ever excused City of running football (we all know thats SAF job), maybe trying to ruin it though. :)

Ah sure he could have earned them that 40 mill by helping them get to the CL. Besides sometimes you will only make so much sacrifice to help someone else out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well there is taking one for the team, and then there is joining City, he might be noble, he is not off his fúckíng rocker. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

He's not stupid! the lad still wants Champions League football and the chance to win some titles so Madrid is the best option for all. The money is still out of this world and he will get a wage that is more than some Countries GDP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

If he really cared he would've earned them an extra 40 million 5 months ago.

hhmmmm let me see Madrid :cool: or Manchester :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

_45889788_foot_trans_records02_786.gr.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is Kaka actually worth €65m? Is he really that good?

I haven't watched a huge amount of him, but he's never caught my eye in the same way as players like Messi, or Ronaldinho back in his prime. Granted I can clearly see he's an excellent player.

I mean is Kaka worth 4 Arshavins, 2/3 Torres's etc.?

Yes, easily.

When fit he ****s all over Ronaldo/Ribery/Inesta and only Messi is his peer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Is Kaka actually worth €65m? Is he really that good?

I haven't watched a huge amount of him, but he's never caught my eye in the same way as players like Messi, or Ronaldinho back in his prime. Granted I can clearly see he's an excellent player.

I mean is Kaka worth 4 Arshavins, 2/3 Torres's etc.?

blatantly not worth 65m.

nobody really is.

but Real, being the shower they are, will give whatever is asked for.

that's the unfortunate reality. when madrid go on a spending spree like they seem to want to this summer; generally, as the selling club, you can just about name your price.

it's disgusting really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

gimmick wrote: »
    1. It could be the death of Italian football as a European force. They complain for years that they cannot attract the biggets players anymore, then they do this. If the money is not re invested into the playing squad, continued mediocrity in Europe beckons. i realise it is only one club who sold him, but it is a statment about the league IMO.

I believe that with the departure of Kaka, and the likely departures of Pato and Ibrahimovic we are seeing Italy become the new Holland. They need a very good showing in the next two CL tournaments from their big clubs or they'll lose a place and become long term second tier. It'd probably be good for the Italy NT, though how to improve on WC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

zAbbo wrote: »

The only issue I have with this, is that Zidane and Kaka were both moving between European clubs and so dealing in Euros, so Zidane was €73.5m and Kaka was €68m!

jasonorr wrote: »
    The only issue I have with this, is that Zidane and Kaka were both moving between European clubs and so dealing in Euros, so Zidane was €73.5m and Kaka was €68m!

We could convert the prices to Zimbabwe Dollars and next week Andy Johnson could be the most expensive player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Collective insanity.

Quint wrote: »
    We could convert the prices to Zimbabwe Dollars and next week Andy Johnson could be the most expensive player

That wouldn't make sense though, would it (and I'm sure it wouldn't work out that way either!!!)???

Zidane: Juventus -> Madrid (both operating in Euros)
    Kaka: Milan -> Madrid (both operating in Euros)

Makes sense!!!

jasonorr wrote: »
    That wouldn't make sense though, would it (and I'm sure it wouldn't work out that way either!!!)???

Zidane: Juventus -> Madrid (both operating in Euros)
    Kaka: Milan -> Madrid (both operating in Euros)
    No, I agree with you!

Quint wrote: »
    No, I agree with you!

Haha, oh right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

buffon for 50m in 00 should be there instead of figo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

buffon for 50m in 00 should be there instead of figo
    He was £32 million or so

Also, did the Euro not come in until 2002 properly?

He was £32 million or so

Also, did the Euro not come in until 2002 properly?

Yeah, you're right actually. The argument still holds though as it was an accounting currency since '99 and as such had a value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just woken up now and just heard the news......... Crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

An inflation adjusted table would be more worthwhile imo.

I see Lentini in there, if memory serves correct didn't he end up in a loony bin?

Boggles wrote: »
    I see Lentini in there, if memory serves correct didn't he end up in a loony bin?

Nope, carried on playing untill very recently in Serie B/C1.

Infact he is still playing for Saviglianese in the amature leagues, one of his team mates of Deigo Fusser.

Mad stuff ted.

Nope, carried on playing untill very recently in Serie B/C1.

Who am I thinking of that smashed up the car park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Boggles wrote: »

He was almost killed in a car crash. Recovered enough to play lower league football only.

Thats the second time you said that, Ferguson who?

Sir Alex Ferguson.

He says United are the biggest in the world, yet they miss out on Kaka, top 3 in the world on form. He needs to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Sir Alex Ferguson.

He says United are the biggest in the world, yet they miss out on Kaka, top 3 in the world on form. He needs to leave.

LOL, thats hilarious. Absolutely priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

3 shocking transfers on that list

Lentini - 13m
    Denilson - 21.5m :eek:
    Papin - 10m

Advertisement