Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to beat my record..

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

this started off as a list thing (i love lists) and has now developed into just one of my many weird habits :P. as soon as I've finished it, I write down the title and author of my book. I also rate it out of ten (frustrating but it's my rule). it's my way of keeping track of how many books I read a year, what I have and havn't read, and how many books I've read in my lifetime
    i started out writing down every book i could remember reading. then I started to keep track.

now, i started counting at Christmas 2006, so from 2007 to june 2009, i've read 108 books...and including all the ones I could remember reading prior to christmas 2006, i'm at 381 books...and counting :)

last year I read 56 books, and the year before I read 52, so I'm setting my target at 57 books folks :)

so far this year..

Crocus list

1. Watership Down - Richard Adams
    2. The Gift - Cecelia Ahern
    3. Pride and Prejudice - Austen
    4. The Singer of All Songs - Kate Constable
    5. Heaven Eyes - David Almond
    6. Remembrance - Theresa Breslin
    7. The Poison Throne - Celine Kiernan
    8. Dusk - Kenneth Oppel
    9. The Alchemyst - Michael Scott
    10. The Oracle - Catherine Fisher
    11. Dr Frankleins Island - Ann Halam
    12. The Great Harlequin Grim - Gareth Thompson
    13. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
    14. Peter and the Starcatchers - Dave Barry
    15. The House of Windjammer - V.A Richardson
    16. Knife - B.J Anderson
    17. Eon - Alison Goodman
    18. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
    19. City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
    20. The Magician's Guild - Trudi Canavan
    21. The Moneylender's Daughter - V.A Richardson
    22. Sugarcoated - Catherine Forde
    23. Marked - P.C and Kirstin Cast
    24. Betrayed - " "
    25. Chosen - " "
    I'm currently reading:

The Black Book Of Secrets - F.E Higgins
    Carra; My Autobiography - Jamie Carragher

the Higgins book is sitting sadly on a pile of other library books, neglected, and i've been revisiting Carra every few weeks - it's my "between-books" book. technically, I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reading Artemis Fowl, purely because I find it a rollercoaster of a read, and finished the first and second in one day. so my book count for 2009 is stuck stubbornly on 25. really should press on with Higgins....

Advertisement