Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Idea Generator Thread

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here goes,

So the DKIT boards has always been very quiet, it has had some stages where it gets a bit busy but overall it is a very quiet board.

Granted that due to its nature its never going to be the most active but other boards have good activity despite small returning users.

I'm going to set up this thread as an idea generator where people can bounce ideas off each other as to how to attract more visitors to the DKIT section.

Two types of ideas we would mainly like:

1: Ideas that will make it helpful for gaining or sharing information about any aspects of student life that helps both new comers to the college as well as people already there in there daily DKIT life

2: Ideas that are mainly for entertainment factor but linked to DKIT, ideas like maybe post what you seen in the college today or something along those lines

So people of DKIT share your ideas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 louicious09

Not sure this is exactly what you're looking for draffo but sure however i'll start the ball rolling:rolleyes:. Was just on dkitsu website saw this election poster very effective;) Pass it on guys cause believe me the govt does not care if you have a job after your dkit years are over. :mad: protect your present, your future and protect jobs and vote against our corrupt:p government this friday. :cool:

votebig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why not advertise this forum around the college starting from this September and create a thread for new people who are coming in and have some concerns etc.

"The Newbie Package" perhaps where previous students/currnet ones can help those new people find whatever classrooms etc or any general queries they may have.

Just an idea... Doesn't necessarily have to be that thread name (kinda sucky) but advertise the forum around in the college I guess could really help the forum succeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I must ask Sarge can he do it, the only reason i'll be in the college come september will be to collect my graduation ball tickets :D

draffodx wrote: »
    I must ask Sarge can he do it, the only reason i'll be in the college come september will be to collect my graduation ball tickets :D

It'll really help new students if it's properly advertised. I know that the SU are often helpful but they won't be there at say 1am and you need to find a classroom in a hurry for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

maybe you guys have to congratulate yourselves, as there are no people asking stupid questions on this board. This can mean either that the college is really well run, that its students are all sharp or even a combination of both!

• Advertisement

maybe you guys have to congratulate yourselves, as there are no people asking stupid questions on this board. This can mean either that the college is really well run, that its students are all sharp or even a combination of both!

I don't think many people are aware that this forum exists if I'm honest.

Most likely though when the CAO course choices come through there'll be a few users on it asking about things of which I am happy to help....... for a fee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

That_Guy wrote: »
    Most likely though when the CAO course choices come through there'll be a few users on it asking about things of which I am happy to help....... for a fee. :D

Yea, you could do that.... but if I'll find out that you're Kiki, you're gonna get canned :D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why not advertise this forum around the college starting from this September and create a thread for new people who are coming in and have some concerns etc.

Just browsing and saw this thread...

This would be easy to do in the beginning - Darragh & Dav (Community Admins) have started to put together short links like cycling.boards.ie so it could be good to have dkit.boards.ie to get people to join more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Aye, along those lines you could break it down a little further.. less of a mess to sift through..

BOARDS->EDU->DKIT->COMPUTING
    BOARDS->EDU->DKIT->COMPUTING->snore

BOARDS->EDU->DKIT->SPORT
    BOARDS->EDU->DKIT->SPORT->skip class for it

'n' hey, a constructive first post? well I never...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tiny url created for anyone that wants to give out the boards dkit address or anyone wants to advertise it in the college for me? (pm me before you do this!)

I'll email the SU closer to the start of term to see if they'll send the link on to all first years

http://tinyurl.com/dkitboards

also here are some ideas I have for stickied threads come sept:

the dkit news thread : people can post the general goings on in the college and highlight stuff that they might be promoting or need support in

the what you saw today thread: people can tell of funny stories or post funny or interesting pictures they come across during there day in dkit

the entertainment in dkit thread: people can post about the student social life inn dkit from what they thought of a night out to ideas they'd like to see tried out

anyone approve or disapprove these threads? anyone got any more ideas? especially ones that might help with actual college work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement