Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Rideout dates - please vote

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

clown bag wrote: »
    What bikes have you all got?

I'm on a 250 dragstar. Any other cruisers or will I be trying to keep up with a load of gsxr's :o
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'll be wobbling along on a CB400 so I doubt you'll have trouble keeping up with me :P

I think it will be a very casual ride - not too much speed.

I for one will be going at a slowish pace, so you will have no problem going faster than me. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

P.C. wrote: »
    I think it will be a very casual ride - not too much speed.

I for one will be going at a slowish pace, so you will have no problem going faster than me. :D

Good stuff ;)

Took a 3hour spin through Wicklow this evening after work, was great! Awesome roads & scenery, this rideout should be pretty decent! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Would love to get involved in this but I'll be over at a different type of rideout over in Donington on the weekend of the 27th/28th.

Come on Eugene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Would like to go too. Would be a great excuse to clean the bike after the last round of bad weather.

Off to the MotoGP though on what looks like will be the winning weekend.

Dough! :o:eek::confused:

Just checked the 'Diary' and I am going to watch a rock concert on Sunday the 28th.

So...

Either we make it a very early run (which I am not keen on),

or...

We go on Saturday the 27th,

or...

We pick a new date.

• Advertisement

27th ;)

I know Steffano will want this date too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

might be interested taggin along,
    kamikazi, where are ya in kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

would prefer 28th but will try make 27th if it suits most people.

Looks like we will have to make it the 27th.

I don't want to put this on the long finger, as then we might never do it.

I will the thread title to show the date.

Keep an eye out for an updated map with meeting points, and stopping points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I might take in some of the route some night this week after work. I'll keep an eye out for places to stop / petrol stations / shops / different meeting points along the way.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    might be interested taggin along,
    kamikazi, where are ya in kildare

From Newbridge / Rathangan, living in Leixlip at the moment though ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well done for organiseing this lads. I've been up to my nuts the last few weeks but it has calmed down now so I'll deffo be on for it, sat or sun I'll do my best to make it.

That route on google maps is a good one, but dam it is Long! If we did want to go to Mondello we could go straight to Larragh, and then head to Mondello via blessington, I've done it before. I'm up for wherever.

Where is the meeting point?

OK, my lazy arse has not been paying much attention to this in the last few days.

Time to start a new thread, as the date has now been decided:

Saturday 27 th June 2009

As mentioned above, a bit of work needs to be done on the route.

Now, if I could just get 'task orientated', I would get this all done.

Look out for the new thread.*

Why does this feel like work?

Advertisement