Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrib gas, the truth is out

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Birdnuts wrote: »
    According to Wikileaks SHELL say there are at least 15 Corrib fields out there - hence they have options on more Coillte land in the area(we still don't what they paid(if anything) for the 500 acres they got!!)

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

humanji wrote: »
    Seriously? And they'll happily pay? And all other companies will see Ireland and not think "hey, they're just going to throw a strop and tax us even higher if we don't bend over and take whatever they decide to throw at us next"?

Slightly ironic. The mind boggles at how Irish people are so willing to be screwed over repeatedly for the sake of having more & more companies set up here, who will in turn see us as an easy bunch to screw over.

What's wrong with reneging on a contract which is clearly not a good deal for Ireland? Allowing companies like Shell to walk all over us is hardly in our best interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I understood that we were gettin a percentage of the net profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Ahh come on now, if you read my posts i think at least twice i have said once you take away operating costs etc whats left is where to begin.

I have to laugh at you saying that i dont understand profit, you have no idea who i am or what i do for a living.

Well in the case of the post I quoted, you made a serious mistake in assuming that every cent that is received from selling the gas is profit.

The gas is in the earth, you cannot relocate & extract it from poland if the stakes are set high in favor of the state. You either accept 54 billlion or not.

I've told you already that that's not the amount of profit to be received @ 10%.

k_mac wrote: »
    I understood that we were gettin a percentage of the net profit.

Yes, we're getting 40% apparently.

Advertisement