Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voting??

Options
  • 02-06-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

i have never been registered to vote here, even though i've been in the country for a number of years. i filled in some form last year, possibly the year before which was registering me to vote, but i haven't received a voting card for this week. is it right that i need a voting card, how do i know if i am registered????

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

www.checktheregister.ie

Hey, slam the government all you want but you couldn't come up with a more obvious website name then that.
    Though I don't know how up to date it is

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No you don't need it. What you do need to do at this stage is to contact the local council you registered with and ask them. If you are registered all you need on election day is appropriate picture ID, passport, driving licence, employee ID with picture.

Advertisement