Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which to pick?????

• 02-06-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I'm trading in my Ninja 250R 09 for a new bike. Ive got itchy feet. Ive no rational reason other than I want one, so here's what Im looking at:

Yamaha XJ6 / Diversion
    Yahama FZ6 Fazer
    Suzuki Gladius
    Kawasaki Z750

I'm really conflicted. The Z750 looks almost erotic, but some people have advised against Kawa's for a reason unknown to me. The Suzuki apparently has a really nice engine, but I don't know about the questionable colour schemes. The ER 6N / F arent really what Im looking for, so I havent listed them here. I'm also not really looking for a Bandit, though I'm not sure why.

So what you's think of these bikes and do you have any other suggestions? Any info at all would help as I'm very stuck.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yamaha XJ6 / Diversion
    Yahama FZ6 Fazer
    Suzuki Gladius
    Kawasaki Z750

I love the XJ6 but out of the above I would pick either a Z750 or a FZ6. The Z750 because you can get them so cheap lately, 2nd hand they are a bargain (if buying new, I'd say stay away for the same reason)

The fazer is an amazing bike, I was thorn between that and my SV (chose the SV cause of the full fairing) the Fazer has some power in it and holds its value quite well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If it was me moving from a two fiddy up I would go for either the bandit 600 or the z750.

I mean look at that, and its cheapish. http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/876010

Just change that exhaust on it. Its like susan boyle is stuck to the side of the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Bikeworld have an 08 Z750 with ABS and a restrictor pre installed with very low milage for 7000. Ive been offered 3500 trade in for my machine, so Id only have to add 3500 and Im sure I could haggle that down a few hundred.

But tell me this, cos it bothers me, why do some people say to stay well away from kwakers???

its just one of those things.im a suzuki man and will always be. Nothing wrong with anything else I just like suzuki. Kwakkers are great bikes. Dont mind your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

I'm with Seany on this, its usually a case of oh i've heard this make is bad or that is bad, because a mate of a mate had an engine blow up or the exhausts fell off after 200 miles. Have heard stories about all marques, you can get trouble from any of them or could be lucky and not get any trouble from the worst. Bikes are built better now than they were years ago.

I'd love to say Honda are completely trouble free but their not, along with BMW and all the rest, usually common faults to particular models.

I'd go for the Z750 if i had the choice of the bikes above, always liked the look of them, some mad colours, and they handle well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

I had a FZ6 Fazer for 3 years and never had any trouble. One thing you should check is the insurance. I cant really explain it but when I had the Fazer I considered getting a R1. The difference in insurance was 20euro. The Fazer insurance looked like bad value when compared, but Jebus could it move.;).

Ive decided on an 09 Fazer FZ6 with ABS. I have to add 4500 to my current bike which is ok all things considered (eg market, depreciation on a new bike, cracked fairing...). Im also getting side panniers as Ill be doing some touring this year.

The bikes restricted and I got quotes for the Z750 and Fazer. The Kwaker was an extra 40 the remainder of my policy (Nov) and the Fazer is an extra 66, so its a non issue really.

Was sitting on the Z750 and the Fazer today and what really made it for me was the seating position on the FZ6. Bit more comfortable for touring.

Trading in my bike I would have to add 3250 for the Z750 which was an 08 with 5000K on the clock, or the FZ6 was 4500 brand new. Not an easy choice and Im still not certain if it's the right one, but any more input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. Ill post a pic of the bike when I get it.

some balls driving in a bike. Keeping revs low. Lol. Best of luck with her

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

A friend of mine has a Z750. Never heard him say a bad word about it. He had an FZ6 before that and only sold it cos he liked d Z750.

I would be saving 1250 by getting the Z750... This is REALLY difficult!!!!!:confused:

Im planning to do some touring and panniers on a Fazer would work well, not so on a Z750.

Got the loan today, so tomorrow is d-day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I would be saving 1250 by getting the Z750... This is REALLY difficult!!!!!:confused:

Im planning to do some touring and panniers on a Fazer would work well, not so on a Z750.

Got the loan today, so tomorrow is d-day...

you'll lose it again trying to sell it on

Fazer unless you love the z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I hope you had fun on the Ninja, and get a good price for her.

Yamaha XJ6 / Diversion - I think this is a great bike, and almost got one. I am still a bit peeded that I did not get one, but I am happy with what I have. This is a new model, so there is not much in the way of luagage for them yet.

Yahama FZ6 Fazer - great bikes, and very good, just look at how many of them are around. Unfortunately they have just gone up in price. Loads of extras available for them.

Suzuki Gladius - strange looks, not sure if I am made about the looks and colours. I would have to ride one to see if I like the ride. Again, a new model, so not sure what luagage is available.

Kawasaki Z750 - loverly looking bike. Would love to ride one to see how they ride. Again, not sure what extras are available for them.

You have given yourself a difficult choice, but for me it would only be between three - I would leave out the Gladius.

Im off in a min to order a brand new fazer with panniers for touring:D Thanks for everyones input!

DISASTER CENTRAL...

I ordered my bike. Happy days. I then went to order a full set of colour coded panniers and top box, with the 15% discount it came to a nice round 999 euro. Not cheap, but Im going touring and need them.

So I went back to talk and was informed that the radiator on my trade in Ninja needs to be replaced. Bang. 350 euro off the trade in value of my bike. So I go back upstairs and cancel the top box and just get the panniers for now...

I get home and ring to ensure it was the restricted version of the bike and it was not. It wasnt supposed to be in for a few days, but because the delivery guy was off for a few days, he brought it in today. So fair enough, bikeworld agreed to send the bike back and get me a restricted one, but then I got another call. No restricted models of the S2 left.

It continues. I have now to pay for an after market restrictor at an extra cost of 300 euro. Thats a total cost of 650 euro that I had not budgeted for.

I had planned on getting a full set of panniers and top box and a new helmet, but now I cant get the top box or helmet. Im sure it will all be worth it when I get on my new bike, but good god Ive been so unlucky today. Maybe I should have just went for the Z750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, Im off on holiday to Ibiza in a half hour, so Ill deal with it when I get back:)

jaysus thats a bit of hassle alright. Enjoy the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Ah well, Im off on holiday to Ibiza in a half hour, so Ill deal with it when I get back:)

A new bike AND a holiday - now you are just showing off :P.

Sounds a bit like what happened to me.
    I ordered a bike in Feb - had to change it to another bike (which was actually a good thing) as there were none of the original one I ordered available. Finally got the bike last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

i rode a new 08 fazer 6 and thought it was a crackin little bike!

Got the bike today and it's amazing. Utterly amazing. Been on it all day. Its so smooth, excellent riding position, could ride it for days and days and not get fatigued. It's so comfortable and great stability, the ABS is a god send, already had a family of rabbits run in front of me at the airport and I spared every one:D

The panniers give the bike a great look, a real tourer. They look the biz.

Id recommend this bike to anyone and Ill have it for a good many years to come. Ive finally found a bike I'm completely happy with in every way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rayzor26

Best of luck with the new vehicle great bike absolutely bulletproof we have sold plenty out of Bikeworld!!

Advertisement