Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay Pride C&C please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Hi Positivenote,

I think you've done the selective colouring well; I think it'd have been cool if there was a bit of eye contact from the two lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Technically I think the selective colouring is done well (although and only a personal opinion i'm not finding selective colouring particularly interesting at present but that is probably just me).

My main critique is from a composition point of view - the scene is very busy and while the selective colouring goes a distance towards drawing the attention of the eye I would fear that the overall scene from a composition perspective is weak. Again, this is only an opinion - others may see more in it than what I am seeing.

The conversion to black and white has left a lot of mediocre greyness to it. While this works for some scenes I think it would be better with greater contrast however that still won't solve the busy-ness of the scene.

I wouldn't be a fan of the shot or the processing but in fairness, technically you've done well at getting a sharp selective colouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks guys for the constructive critique much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Would agree with Oisin, I quite like the selective coloring but the subjects are as dull and flat as a drag queen not in drag. :)
    Any more photos from this parade?
    I'd expect a Gay parade to be full of life and colours.

Advertisement