Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have the tools...

• 03-06-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking for some advice on what options are open to me with regards mobile broadband.

Needs:
    • 250mb a month or less is all I need as I will just be sending/receiving email while out and about
    • Need to use it in UK maybe 4/5 days per month
    • Need reliability and good coverage
    • No Spamhaus problems

Own Already:
    • UK Vodafone Sim Card with 99p per day for 50mb data
    • O2 Billpay sim and I'm on the 250mb package for €7.50 a month, roaming is ridiculously expensive however.
    • GT 3G Quad Card (LOCKED)IMG_1233_resize.jpg
    • Huawaei E220 Usb Modem (LOCKED)e220_3modemwhite.jpg
    • SE K600im with usb internet (UNLOCKED) k600im01.jpg

So can anyone suggest what would be best for me to go with? I was reading the other thread about getting the UK deal from three/o2 for the iphone package, but got a bit lost in it. Also, could somebody state what the modems are worth as I may have no use for them and need to pass them on!

If anyone could suggest something for me I'd really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

i'd check out either a 3Pay sim with the cheapest internet/data bundle so that you can use it in UK to receive and send data as part of the 3Like Home conditions.

You could either stick the sim in your modem or your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply. 3Pay is too expensive at €25 a month (I need it 365 days a year, I may only use it a few days a month, but the days are varied and not planned).

Considering I pay €7.50, and then just 99p per day in the UK, that would be a max of about €12 a month compared to €25 with three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. 3Pay is too expensive at €25 a month

You can get a regular SIM from 3 and use the 1GB/month internet add on.
    Bless their little cotton socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aha! That could be the best option so :) Thanks for that!

Was anyone following this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576632 ? Would it be a better option I wonder?

If not, how do I go about signing up for the 1GB add on with three and I see that if I top up by €10 a month, I get €10 free, so if I'm paying €10 every month for the add on, will I have €10 to spend on calls/texts too if I pop the sim in my phone? Do I just go into a three store and buy a sim? I have a sim that was given with the broadband package, but that might be a different type of sim or inactive since I cancelled the broadband?

Sorry for all the questions :o

Advertisement