Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POLL :How Many KMH Were You 'Over The Limit' When Last 'Done' For Speeding?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

I was stopped for going about 80 in a 30 zone as a passed a riot van going the opposite direction. Didnt think they followed me but gave it a bit of welly just in case. Those vans are fast!! I only got a stern talking to thankfully and havent broke speed limits on any small roads since

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

147 kph on the Ennis by-pass (100 kph limit) at 8 on a Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

82 in a 60 on the M1 spur from the Airport out to the Mainline. No other cars on the road at dawn one morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Muppet Man wrote: »
    60 KMPH in a 40KMPH "special" zone outside dual carriageway at Silversprings, Cork, heading into the city. About 07:30 am on a sunday morning. Not a sinner around.

I was a sick a small childrens hospital after it because I genuinley thought I was doing the correct speed limit. I was looking at the garda with the radar gun and I was thinking... "well he's not going to pull me". How stupid of me. Stupid place to have a 40kmph limit too... I'm still bitter over it.

Muppet Man.

40km/h? That isn't a valid speed limit. 30, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120 are the only valid speed limits in Ireland. If the points are still on you're licence I'd suggest you challenge that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

160 kmph on N4 (near Sligo) which was a 100 zone. Was first time caught so only 2 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

heres one for ya i was caught doing 67 in a 60kmph zone was really ****ing pis*ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i was 'enough' over. lucky to still have my licence actually.

havent received anything in the post yet, so heres hoping.

500 posts! appropriately about speeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ottostreet wrote: »
    i was 'enough' over. lucky to still have my licence actually.

havent received anything in the post yet, so heres hoping.

500 posts! appropriately about speeding.

:pac:

Same as this.
    Whatever speed it was, can't remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

SV wrote: »
    :pac:

Same as this.
    Whatever speed it was, can't remember?

lol...oh i remember all right, im just not saying. it was enough over the limit to catch the gardas attention anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Never caught, but in fairness I don't go way over. Never do in residential - too many ramps anyway and never worth the guilt if you ever hit anyone. Do 140 on motorway, probably would do a little more if the car could go faster but 140's fairly pushing her :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

140 in a 120 ... to be fair I thought I was doing more than that. The road was deserted. When the camera flashed it scared the bejebus outa me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

And you still havent learnt anything?
    He is slowing down a bit

Advertisement