Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rival Marketing ltd Waterford/

• 03-06-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi,

I've an interview tomorrow for rival marketing ltd in johnstown business park, but I'm not quite sure what they do? Anybody else know anything about them. I'm aware that they enable with the setting up of new businesses etc but I'm not too sure why they are currently employing people..... or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick and applied to set up a business by accident...

They have an extremely vague website which isnt very helpful http://www.rivalmarketingltd.com/ :rolleyes:

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Iv'e never heard of them mate,

I'd be wary of anything in this day in age espically anything so vague. Ask yourself this: Do you have Marketing experience? A Marketing Degree? an "impressive" CV? If you don't have at least one of these you'd have to ask yourself why hasn't any other number of other people gotten the interview ahead of you? Seems to be there would be allot of them out there with things the way it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus christ this is a minefield. Is the OP trying to fail the interview before he/she gets in?! :P

Post cleaned. Keep dodgy comments outside of Boards please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

The music on those websites mentioned are mental.
    I feel like I need to call a sexy hotline now :D

On a serious note, I never heard of them.
    I couldn't find a mention of them on the CRO website where I would expect to see at least an RBN mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I couldn't find a mention of them on the CRO website where I would expect to see at least an RBN mention.

ah yeah ya cant go wrong with the CRO and the RBN best check it ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    Jesus christ this is a minefield. Is the OP trying to fail the interview before he/she gets in?! :P

I thought you were allowed say what you've heard about companies etc? I actually thought I saw discussion about them on the Cork forum or something before.

What about using sarcasm? Like I've heard people say this is a great company to work for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I thought you were allowed say what you've heard about companies etc? I actually thought I saw discussion about them on the Cork forum or something before.

What about using sarcasm? Like I've heard people say this is a great company to work for.

The comments that were passed simply could not be left online, though I have asked for one of the legal folk to take a look and let me know this threads future. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The comments that were passed simply could not be left online, though I have asked for one of the legal folk to take a look and let me know this threads future. :)

Better safe than sorry. BTW do you never sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Thread on the marketing board about other vague marketing companies...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484516

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Do you sleep? :)
    The late night posting comments were interesting to read :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

So what's the "legal folk"s verdict?

Am I in twouble? :p

• Advertisement

Jayeire wrote: »
    So what's the "legal folk"s verdict?

Am I in twouble? :p

No response.. but I aint taking no chances!

Did you do well in the interview? :P

Do I sleep? Yes. With one eye open. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

wouldn't it be nice if they had used shots of people in Waterford instead of America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seem to be standard stock photos from a pre-designed website. You seem them on thousands of random business sites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

stay well clear of them <snip> marketing companies you,ll end up wasting your time trying to flop stock that just won,t move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fortuyn

<snip>

I also attended an interview, the oddest one I have ever attended. I felt sorry for the 20/30 people that arrived in business suits with hope in their faces. I did my interview and left as what they are offering is not for me. I am putting in the name of the company that they are advertising under now because when I looked for info on them I couldn't find anything. At least this will give peole an idea of what they are getting into.;)

I hope that this comment will not lead to any difficulties for forum staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Fortuyn wrote: »
    <snip>

I also attended an interview, the oddest one I have ever attended. I felt sorry for the 20/30 people that arrived in business suits with hope in their faces. I did my interview and left as what they are offering is not for me. I am putting in the name of the company that they are advertising under now because when I looked for info on them I couldn't find anything. At least this will give peole an idea of what they are getting into.;)

I hope that this comment will not lead to any difficulties for forum staff.

your right to have updated this post as there is a lot of people out of jobs now and these people will take full advantage of that and lead someone blindly into believing there getting a top sales executive job when indeed all you are goin to be is <snip>

! i work as a sales rep meself for an irish owned multi national foods company doing direct sales and the advice i,d give anyone is don,t respond to little marketing companies advertised in the local newspaper offering you this that and the other cause its more than likely just a fantasy made up by them people to try lure innocent people into be ripped off!!

they,ll offer you no salary and its all commisioned based so basically what you sell you get a cut of the profits, you could be out walking the streets for nothing and it aint worth it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gazza1979

Just to let others know...these Marketing companies are the same people. They have been reported to the Advertising Regulator because of their job adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mande01

Thank you all very much.
    My wife was going to go for an interview with protea in Waterford.

It looked great, too great, too quick to get back, hold tough for a while and lets check this crowd out.

Thank god for Google and boards.

You are all brill!!!

P.S. if you are happy walking around from door to door, or stopping people in the streets, or setting up a stall somewhere. Go for it!
    If not save the dry cleaning and leave the suite in wardrobe!

P.S.S. Mods, I don't fully understand why there has been so much snipping here, but if I have said something wrong feel free to cut it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mande01 wrote: »
    P.S.S. Mods, I don't fully understand why there has been so much snipping here, but if I have said something wrong feel free to cut it out.

I'd imagine its todo with the site being sued but glad the thread helped you. I think its fairly low IF these Companies take advantage of people in the situation they are in.

The recent edits were not carried out by the forum mods. As it was a legal request (judging by the edit reason by Darragh the Community Manager) I am closing this topic until I get an answer about what is and isn't permitted and the current situation.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement