Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermath: English Paper 1

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Hmm not too sure what to make of the Paper. The nerves really set in and I'm convinced I didn't reach my 'full potential'....

Part A - Zoo Comp (around 2.5 pages each for the first two questions and 3 for the third)

Part B - Speech (around 3 pages or there abouts)

Composition - Short Story about Decisions (5.5 pages but completely rushed ending and worried it didn't really fit the theme too well)

Blehh *flexes hand*
    Roll on Paper 2! :pac:

Edit: And yes, I'm aware I write a ridiculous amount for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

That went lovely!!
    Did Part A for text 2
    And did Part B from text 3 the letter one

And did an essay about important decision which i really liked!!!did one about a guy who causes a car crash and his wife is put on life support and he has to decide does she live...or die dun dun dun

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

did anyone do their A part on text 2?
    so far i don't think anyone's done the same combination as me!

(A - text 2, B - text 1, the short story about the photographs, used an essay i'd gotten an A on that fit in perfiectly with the best friends picture)

not sure if thats a good or bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

That went lovely!!
    Did Part A for text 2

yay someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Just realised I'd need to get 170/200 to get an A in Paper 1, fat chance of that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I just realised I left out the 20mark in Q A... Had made rough points for it and all... Went way too over time for the 2 15mark Qs so must have moved on without noticing..

:(:(:(:(:(

I've never done that before!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Ah ****!
    Messed up on the composing q7.
    I used a photo from text 3 and put it into the plot i.e a boy and girl were sitting on a fence, instead of giving an actual photo a role in the plot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Did Part A on Images and Part B on Text 2, the speech.

Did the decision essay so wasn't that bad.

I used have trouble spelling decision before today :) lol. Just one of those words haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Actually ye wtf are features of writing?

I said something about the second writer using a didactic style to persuade, something about the statistics, verbosity, that whole getting us to imagine something thing which I can't remember the proper word for right now, and something else which I can't rememberrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Well that wasn't bad at all... delighted with that tbh!

HL - Text 1 Question A
    Text 2 - Question B - Short Speech
    Composing task - Question 1 - Magazine article on experience of education

Exact same.
    I thought the question B's were horrid!
    Nearly everyone in my year did the same QA and QB.
    It was fairly ok, it must be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

The paper is up on zulunotes if anyone wants to see it or send it to someone:

http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/English_-_Higher_Level_-_Paper_I_-2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Paper 1 went pretty well for me. Did section q a's on the first txt and then answered B on the photo's. Did the essay on "Your Experience of Education" was a decent enuf essay.

Pissed about Ppr 2 tho:mad::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I wasn't fond of text 2, being honest.

I started off slow enough for my question A, but I got into the swing of it towards the end. Spent more than an hour on it though, not good at all! I was too busy hmmming and hawwwing over which one I should do at the start. Eventually went with text 3 as I thought that I could personally engage more with it. Picked text A for question B, about the movie. Wrote about a horribly argumentitive penguin and a rather apathetic polar bear. Chose daydreams for the essay, but tragically, wasn't able to finish it. I managed to stop at the end of a paragraph, though.

Advertisement