Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTO THE PIT!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I remember this, but if i recall correctly, it *was* the last 30 minutes of Headbangers Ball, it wasn't on after the program itself (2am GMT).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I remember this, but if i recall correctly, it *was* the last 30 minutes of Headbangers Ball, it wasn't on after the program itself (2am GMT).

As far as I recall, Headbangers Ball was on from 11pm to 1230am, with 'Into The Pit' on until 1am. Other bands I remember hearing about through 'Into The Pit' were Amorphis, Benediction, Unsane. Admittedly, I didnt become a gigantic fan of a lot of the bands Ive mentioned but it definitely brought me back in time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Rockee wrote: »
    As far as I recall, Headbangers Ball was on from 11pm to 1230am, with 'Into The Pit' on until 1am. Other bands I remember hearing about through 'Into The Pit' were Amorphis, Benediction, Unsane. Admittedly, I didnt become a gigantic fan of a lot of the bands Ive mentioned but it definitely brought me back in time!

You're definitely right about the timeslot now that you mention it, occasionally the time would be off during BST. I always saw it as the last 30 minutes of Headbangers Ball, and they threw on Into The Pit because they'd play about five songs without interruption.

Aka the VJ's were either getting lazy, or getting their timeslots cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

into the **** was ****ing hilarious :D

We used to watch it jsut for the comey factor. I remember some death metal song called 'all ****ed up' being shown on it, it was comedy gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

0ubliette wrote: »
    into the **** was ****ing hilarious :D

We used to watch it jsut for the comey factor. I remember some death metal song called 'all ****ed up' being shown on it, it was comedy gold

:D Yeah, some of the videos were mint. A budget of about 20 quid on some of them Id say...especially this one. :P

BTW...the subtitles were added in afterward, though note the old MTV video info at the start.aw bless. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Quadsey

Headbangers ball and into the pit are a serious stroll down memory lane! They were so sh1t but seemed great at the time.

Advertisement