Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i dunno if i shoud were my uniform into school

Options
  • 03-06-2009 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

im not too sure if i have too,i really dont want to.lol im not too sure what to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

dont, i'm not

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you're not sure if you have to, wear it the first day. Ask what the story is and either wear it tomorrow or your own clothes.
    You really don't need the aggravation of a battle about wearing a uniform today.
    It's not worth the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

so hot,im not gonna bother wearing my uniform

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ring someone you know and ask them what they're wearing. Believe me, you don't want to be the only one wearing a uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's times like these I hate my school :( Full uniform for all exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

After we were told for weeks that we would be wearing our uniforms for exams, I go in and everybody is wearing casual clothes.

Yet another "Oh you didn't know, yeah we never made the official announcement. You should have known despite nobody telling you" situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Aw today was lovely, in my shorts and t-shirt in the exam hall. Never been so comfortable in an exam before. Making you wear your uniform in this weather is severely retarded on the part of the school. It's abuse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

We don't have to wear our uniforms :) Go us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

One guy in the whole year came in with his uniform on.

I had a lulz, as did the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

K4t wrote: »
    Aw today was lovely, in my shorts and t-shirt in the exam hall. Never been so comfortable in an exam before. Making you wear your uniform in this weather is severely retarded on the part of the school. It's abuse tbh.

Our principal is such a twatbadger. thank fcuk I'll never have to see the fecker again after these exams....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

jesus christ thought I was going to pass out during the exam from the heat. stupid ****ing uniform with the big high waisted skirt. ended up just saying **** this and handing it up with my story only 2 and a half pages :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Can't remember if it was JC or LC (cos it was about 10 years ago - I'm getting old) but one of my brother's friends forgot his tie going into an exam and the principle/brother sent him home for it and wouldn't let him in without it! The inspector guy saw what happened and let him in late thou when he came back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

tk123 wrote: »
    Can't remember if it was JC or LC (cos it was about 10 years ago - I'm getting old) but one of my brother's friends forgot his tie going into an exam and the principle/brother sent him home for it and wouldn't let him in without it! The inspector guy saw what happened and let him in late thou when he came back.

Full school uniforms are not compulsory for State Exams. School staff are not permitted to prevent you from accessing the Examination Area's, unless you are not due to sit an exam in that particular room.

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we've to wear ours, it was horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

kateos2 wrote: »
    we've to wear ours, it was horrible :(
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

We had to wear ours. It was fine, tbh.

However if I was sitting near a window, I reckon I would have had to just pick up my desk and move elsewhere. I pity the poor people right over in the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Had to wear uniform, but was fairly comfortable, to be honest. No jumper, cool hall, door open, and under a skylight so I get some heat on my legs and back every now and then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wore an aertex on the sly today, took off the jumper in the exam centre, put it back on before leaving, principal was none the wiser. I hate the uniform but I just can't be bothered causing a fuss. If I were sitting at a window it would be a different story though.

What is killing me though is that people from the institute are sitting their exams in our school and they can wear their own clothes! They should have to wear some form of robe, to level the playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

yeah i went in with no uniform and my school wasnt happy,the vice principle said i would have to do my leaving in a different school.In the end he let me do my english and said i had to wear my uniform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Crazy principals making people wear the uniform.. especially since you have graduated and your school is now just your exam center. If no one wore their uniform they couldn't cancel the exam:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Very much depends on the school. Most schools decide one way or the other. I had the option but chose to wear mine cos I thought I would feel more in 'school mode' if I did!

Did most of your mates wear uniform or not??

Sorry. I was asking the original poster who decided yeaterday morning NOT to wear uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

There's no way I'm wearing my uniform tomorrow. I think I'll go in with the school tracksuit and a tshirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Just wear the uniform folks, easier for everyone, keeps you in the right frame of mind too.

some of my class showed up in their feckin' Lyle and Scotts like we were off to a nightclub and it just seemed ridicolous. If you stay in the school frame of mind and see each exam as taking you a little closer to getting out of it you'll be fine.

Not wearing a uniform means your mind is not on Othello, or Mahon, or whatever crap they made you all read this year, but what shoes look best with your jeans.

You're nearly there folks, head up and don't let the Louth bastards grind you down :pac:

Signed,
    A victim of the Leaving Cert 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Just wear the uniform folks, easier for everyone, keeps you in the right frame of mind too.

+1
    totally agree! We have to wear our uniforms, and to be honest I think it's grand. Wolly jumpers and all :P I have a window seat, so I should be roasting, but the weather is allot cooler in the morning and I only have 2 evening exams so it doesn't bother me at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Don't see the problem with the uniform either. I agree - it's a frame of mind issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

with spelling like that op it looks like you'll be wearing it for a few more years to come, only joking but just phase it out slowly, start by coming in, in runners and just add a normal piece of clothing everyday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

I dont see what the big deal is if people dont wanna wear their uniforms, i dont see why your principals are giving out, you graduated so officially you're not in school anymore. you're just sitting exams.

i dont have much to worry about though my school doesnt have uniforms:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Times like this i love my school :pac:
    Just wearing normal clothes,Thank god,Cause the unifrom is brown :eek:

Advertisement