Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Papa Smerf Still at it ... Any Leeds fans care to comment ?

• 03-06-2009 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8080141.stm

I don't know Bates was always at his tricks when he was Chairman at Chelsea ( electric fence etc )

One of the lasting legacies of his reign at Chelsea is that he sold off the Stamford Bridge pitch/turnstiles to thousands of people so it could not be developed . All that seems like a million years ago.

What do Leeds fans feel about him ? I know I always had mixed feelings . I wrote to him a couple of times , one time complaining about policing at SB, he totally agreed with me and passed my letter , plus a letter of support to the local police ( from whom I got the snottiest most condesending reply you would ever read ).

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You know I am of two minds with Bates, on the one hand he came in and saved our club from bankruptcy. Yes he did it in the least legal way possible and there is no doubt he pocketed a lot of money for himself but he did save it.

But then there is the fact he has presided over the worst run of results in the clubs history, he is always trying to make money for himself, no one knows who owns Elland Rd because he sold it to some dodgy companies. He is not a nice man and Leeds will be much better off when the man moves on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Às King saya he saved the club and for that we have to thank him. Theres always the devil you know scenario when discussing him.

I met him once at SB when I was there a few years ago for a Leeds game ( we won 2 nil btw - McPhail with two goals ) - I was up in the offices at the bridge ( friend of mine worked for the club ) - I was in an office wearing a whites shirt and he came in and told me to get the F out ! My friend calmed him down and we did laugh about it - There is some irony in that now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Absolutely despise him - I pray every evening for his demise, he's a cancer on our club that needs cutting out.

As was mentioned on the Leeds thread, he's showing signs of a mild stroke so all us Leeds fans have our fingers crossed his demise is imperiously close.

He's never forgiven Leeds fans for smashing up the Chelsea scoreboard in the 80's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I really dislike the man too. He may have saved the club, but there's no other way around it, he simply saw an opportunity to make a quick buck and took it. That's the only reason he's there.

hope he loses the case personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Absolutely despise him - I pray every evening for his demise, he's a cancer on our club that needs cutting out.

As was mentioned on the Leeds thread, he's showing signs of a mild stroke so all us Leeds fans have our fingers crossed his demise is imperiously close.

He's never forgiven Leeds fans for smashing up the Chelsea scoreboard in the 80's

charming

lol , so he then went out and bought the club :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

growler wrote: »
    charming

lol , so he then went out and bought the club :rolleyes:

Nah, he's much more subtle than that - our scoreboard has been out of action since 2004 and he won't get it fixed out of spite :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Mod note: repeating the claim that has led to this libel case in the first place is probably not the cleverest move

Advertisement