Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody interested in 5-a-side in carlow it astro turf pitches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Sammy can't make it and he usually brings Podge and as I said earlier Dan won't have a lift. John will be there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Lads I'd say we should call it off for tonight - too wet and we don't have the numbers. Hope everybody gets this before they head down

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Sound man, anyone got ians number?

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Sound man, anyone got ians number?

Nope - Not I

Will take a quick spin down round 8, have to go to the shops anyway will see if anyone is hanging about.

• Advertisement

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Will take a quick spin down round 8, have to go to the shops anyway will see if anyone is hanging about.

Thanks lad - called it off late but really we didn't have the numbers and no way was 2 on 2 with 1 keeper going to work for me in the rain haha

Ha ha yea defo, getting a bit fitter but definitely not getting that fit yet :pac:

I'm out next week too.

1. I've another pre-season friendly.
    2. I'm going to be in Belgium.

So, I'm doubley out :D

I just reread that. Let it be known, the friendly is NOT in Belgium. I'm going on holiday to Belgium BUT if I wasn't going, I'd be playing a match... that is all

Tom10 wrote: »
    Thanks lad - called it off late but really we didn't have the numbers and no way was 2 on 2 with 1 keeper going to work for me in the rain haha

Went down at 8 guys but no one around. Said it to the dude collecting money to say it to any lost souls game was off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi guys,

Just joined boards.ie a couple of days ago and stumbled across this thread. I've been living in Carlow town for a while now and have been looking to get back into astro-turf...can I show up some night for a game or are ye full up? I'd be available most evening.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Just joined boards.ie a couple of days ago and stumbled across this thread. I've been living in Carlow town for a while now and have been looking to get back into astro-turf...can I show up some night for a game or are ye full up? I'd be available most evening.

Cheers

you're more than welcome. The more the merrier.

what night is it on and how much is it?

Thanks

what night is it on and how much is it?

Thanks

Tuesday at 8pm in Carlow IT.
    Its €30 for the pitch so, if there's 10 players its €3 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Ae we still on for this Tuesday night?

I'm still up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ianmicks

well lads hows tricks, im not available or the 2 lads that have been coming with me on tues any more our club has started up training on bloody tuesdays:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!!!! give me shout if yea change nights in the future ..........:(

im available for tonight

Its looking like we won't be having the numbers for tonight again lads.

If everybody who's going could reply we could get a fix on numbers

I'll be there, but only we we have a few. Are we going to have to change the day? I'm out wednesdays as have training.

confirming availability for tonight. i haven't played on these pitches before but 4v4 would probably be the minimum we'd need?

• Advertisement

Ya pretty much, we've done 3 v 3 but that was pretty painful stuff.

So if people can find other people to come down - bring em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

So far from what I can see we have

Tommycahir
    HugoIrl
    splashthecash
    Tom10

which is a little bit on the scarce side :(

Anybody got anyone else?

Just a solo act from me lads. Take it were looking at another cancellation?:(

Ya looks that way. Will leave things as there are until 6.30 ish then cancel if no numbers.

Ya not happening tonight lads sorry. Will cancel it now

Sound man, was looking forward to it. Next week.........BRING IT ON!!

rigth so...thanks for the update

pity though, was looking forward to my first bout of physical exercise in many months...

Ya really wanted the game myself - hopefully we'll have numbers next week though its looking like we might have to change nights again

I'm out next week, will be away in the sun :D, as I said earlier only wednesday doesn't suit for me

• Advertisement

Once the college starts up again next month I might be able to get my brother and one or two of his mates to come along too.

We had the same problem with numbers when we played astroturf each week in work. For a typical weekly game of 5v5, you really need a list of regulars of approx 12-15 to call on because not everyone can play week in week out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement