Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Exploring

Options
  • 03-06-2009 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anybody Interested in Urban Exploring throughout Ireland??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Could you elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 VforVendetta

Photography and research of Derelict Properties around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Photography and research of Derelict Properties around Ireland.

There's some poignant photo's of inside Loftus Hall here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32677070@N04/sets/72157609670380437/

that place is fantastic but is now protected by alarms

Wouldn't have been big into it, and certainly not the whole disused warehouse or abandoned tunnel stuf, but liked the odd ramble around old ruins.

This is another one that was fascinating in its day, but sadly is being redeveloped so its all boarded up now.

http://www.angarrancoir.com/AGC_images/castlefreke.jpg

• Advertisement

your right it is an amazing place. we explore ruins to as you can see on our site here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

I never knew there was urban exploration in Ireland. I've wanted to try that for ages. How often do you guys do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i am well into this, and get up to a fair bit of exploration, both urban and rural. i signed up to your forum. will have a poke around it when i have time and upload some of my pics too.

c0mpliant wrote: »
    I never knew there was urban exploration in Ireland. I've wanted to try that for ages. How often do you guys do it?

we do it all the time we have tons of members who explore every week and we have tons of irish places done,

i am well into this, and get up to a fair bit of exploration, both urban and rural. i signed up to your forum. will have a poke around it when i have time and upload some of my pics too.

excellent see ya then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Interesting topic - I was hiking through Dalkey yesterday (needed a break from deepest darkest Glendalough and Glenmalure) and the passed a number of abondoned and boarded up properties. Some of these places where in great locations, looked fantastic (but obviously requiring a lot of work) and must be worth a fortune even in todays market.

You'd wonder why squatters where not in there - different laws then in britain?

i must check Dalkey out. i guess squatters are not around as much anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

VforVendetta
    I am having trouble with that link you posted. Is it a discussion forum?

I would be fair interested in this. I've being informally urbexing in the southern parts of Ireland. Their is plenty of interesting sites in Cork for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

excellent see ya then

Hi V,

I tried to reply to your PM but it came back saying you didn't accept PM's or there was some other issue with sending you a PM... Maybe PM me on an e-mail address and I'll get bakc to you regarding your query...

D.

Advertisement