Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening present

Options
  • 03-06-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Hi all.. I hope this is the right forum.. I was just wondering if anybody would have any ideas for a nice christening present? I dont really want to go down the route of the usual 'my first tooth' holders etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

As the proud owner of six of those tooth and birth cert holders between 2 children, I heartily thank you for trying to avoid them.
    I've given a 10x12 photo of the family on the christening day a week later in a nice frame.
    It sounds crass, but a voucher, or a gift from a store with the gift receipt is always welcome. It leaves the parents able to change it for what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I know..there is only so many first tooth holders u can have...one! Yeah might go for the voucher option, would be easier.. no point in going for pic because her husband is a photographer! Feels like only yesterday I was buying her a steriliser, christenings come around so quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Zingara

I paid for a tree to be planted for my friend's daughter as a christening. You can have a look on www.treecouncil.ie - there are a few forests to choose from. It's not expensive and you get a certificate which you can give on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

If it is a boy how about a name plaque (think that is how you spell it) or a tankad if it is a girl Newbridge do a lovely charm braclet which you could add to for birthdays etc. They can be put on to a necklace and they will different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey guys thanks for all the suggestions! Just need to make up my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

tree is a great idea . . we have two trees in our front garden representative of our 2 sprogs . .

another idea might be a framed newspaper front page from the day jnr was born . . Irish Times sell them online although they are a little expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

on our second son we were given vouchers for a local photography shop, which covered the hours photo shoot and money towards a framed pic, this was given by a few family members together, was thrilled with it and pics turned out great

on our first son we got a silver cd box which contained a cd with photos of him when he was born then got to put photos of the christening on the disc was a lovely idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My younger lad got a few prize bonds from his great grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hey M'lady,

My OH runs Soft and Cuddly... any of our baby gifts take your fancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

I like to give childsize cutlery with the childs name engraved on it. I got a set for my boys christening and he still uses them and he's almost 7. They're special to him as they have his name on them so he just thinks they're deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

Definately a tree, Ive given a tree in the past and it went down really well.

Advertisement