Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Open Service Clinic

• 03-06-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone with Canon gear, this might be worth looking at. I think it may only apply to Canon Professional gear though (20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D, 1D series, L lenses, flash, etc).

Great for getting your sensor cleaned, or basic service done on equipment.

Canon Open Service Clinic
    June 9th & 10th 2009
    Image Supply Systems

Due to the volume of equipment to be serviced, minimum turnaround time is 3-4 hours.

Customers will be given a Service Docket for equipment deposited and advised of expected turnaround.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01 4782520.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Yup, seems to be professional SLRs only... full details on this page of their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Left 3 Cameras in today and 'cos they've been so busy won't be picking it up til tomorrow which is not a problem.
    I also left in 2 lens.. :p
    Glad I went today as he said yesterday that the queue's were long, was emptyish when I ventured along at about 10am.
    I also said about diy sensor cleaning and he didn't recommend it...I said how much normally and he said €100! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

ah crap! Too late :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

sineadw wrote: »
    ah crap! Too late :(

Not necessarily. I called in there this morning at 9am and was told also like AR that my stuff wouldn't be ready until tomorrow as the q's on Tuesday were massive and there was such a backlog. I needed the camera this evening so I couldn't leave it there.
    He said to me to email Caroline and they would try and sort something out for next week for the overspill.
    Send them an email and see what they say. I've already sent one but haven;t received a reply yet!!

emailed them - we'll see.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I also said about diy sensor cleaning and he didn't recommend it...I said how much normally and he said €100! :eek:

Of course they wouldn't recommend it, it does them out of some business. :D

I left 3 bodies in yesterday morning (11am), and collected them at 5pm. Did what I needed, as I had a game to cover tonight.

But, in fairness, the Canon clinic is great, twice a year.

Hopefully everyone will get their stuff done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anyone know if they do it anywhere else and when?Either here or London?Have they got a specific site for this?

Thanks

ISS is the only one I'm aware of, since they are the only Authorised Canon Repair Centre in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I was there and the gear should be done tomorrow. I have to find an excuse to leave work to collect it. And maybe to bring some more stuff... ;)

In fairness, there was almost queue there. As far as I know, wet sensor cleaning is about €100.00, so it is more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Left 3 Cameras in today and 'cos they've been so busy won't be picking it up til tomorrow which is not a problem.
    I also left in 2 lens.. :p
    Glad I went today as he said yesterday that the queue's were long, was emptyish when I ventured along at about 10am.
    AR Im curious why you have three cameras,and what you need them for?

• Advertisement

One is a friends and I have 2.
    One is a 40D which has a faster fps (6.5) and is handy for sports or when I am going away and know that I will be pretty pretty pissed.
    The other is my 5D II which I plan on marrying soon.

Paulw wrote: »
    Of course they wouldn't recommend it, it does them out of some business. :D
    Yeah as he was telling me this it was going thru my head.
    If they charged something like 30-40 euros I'd get mine done and I'm sure they'd get a fair bit of business that way.
    Paulw wrote: »
    But, in fairness, the Canon clinic is great, twice a year.
    So there is free cleanings twice a year?
    That's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

One is a friends and I have 2.
    One is a 40D which has a faster fps (6.5) and is handy for sports or when I am going away and know that I will be pretty pretty pissed.
    The other is my 5D II which I plan on marrying soon.

AH i see,just wondering. Thats if the 5d11 will have you :D

stabo wrote: »
    AH i see,just wondering. Thats if the 5d11 will have you :D

The 40D and 5D II are 2 pretty diff Camers to be fair, not just the FPS but FF and Crop.

oh and lol at Ricky thanking your original question, jealousy these days. :rolleyes:

So there is free cleanings twice a year?
    That's fantastic.

Normally May/June and then Oct/Nov. Once you leave your details, you should be added to their mailing list, for future notification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Ballyman wrote: »
    Not necessarily. I called in there this morning at 9am and was told also like AR that my stuff wouldn't be ready until tomorrow as the q's on Tuesday were massive and there was such a backlog. I needed the camera this evening so I couldn't leave it there.
    He said to me to email Caroline and they would try and sort something out for next week for the overspill.
    Send them an email and see what they say. I've already sent one but haven;t received a reply yet!!

This completley slipped my mind.. Has anyone heard back from the emails they sent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

shepthedog wrote: »
    This completley slipped my mind.. Has anyone heard back from the emails they sent?

Got a reply today:
    Thanks for your mail.
    Unfortunately it is too late - the Clinic was open on Tuesday and Wednesday and we are only servicing equipment that had been pre-registered.
    I can certainly add you to our mailing list to notify you of any future events and special offers that may be of interest to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I also got a reply tellimg me that there would be a new date, still unknown.

It is only for pre-registered people who were turned away or didn't show up tuesday and wednesday though so if you didn't register you will have to wait until November again.

When I get the next notice (Oct/Nov), I'll post a new thread.

This time you should all pay attention. :P I give some valuable info, from time to time. LOL.

I must unblock you so Paul :P (kidding)

Actually, I got mine cleaned :) They said they weren't doing it anymore though as there had been such a huge demand (and obviously its doing them out of business). They were lovely :) Definitely know where I'll be calling first if I ever have issues...

I don't think 100 is overly much really. I've heard people paying 60 and getting a botch job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

I must unblock you so Paul :P (kidding)

Actually, I got mine cleaned :) They said they weren't doing it anymore though as there had been such a huge demand (and obviously its doing them out of business). They were lovely :) Definitely know where I'll be calling first if I ever have issues...

I don't think 100 is overly much really. I've heard people paying 60 and getting a botch job.

I had a botch job done on three bodies last week, evidence of one on my pix.ie

However, the good people at DML gave them a (free) thorough cleaning removing the mess that was left. (Seems too much fluid was used and dried on the sensors).

There was no obligation to purchase but I bought a cleaning kit, so well done DML

EDIT/ I use Nikon kit so it was not ISS who were responsible.

soccerc wrote: »
    evidence of one on my pix.ie

Ouch indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Ouch indeed!

Can you imagine my embarrasment delivering that to a client? There was a great deal of PP needed to tidy up the presented images

Had only picke dup kit from offending place and went stright to shoot.

Probably would have gotten away with it had the lens being more open but not @ f16.

Advertisement