Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samoa Joe injured (iMPACT! spoilers for this week)

• 03-06-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=39120&p=1
    Samoa Joe was informed he has a torn triceps in his right arm this afternoon while getting examined at the Boise State Training Facility for broken fingers in his right hand.

I was told by one source that it's expected Joe will be pulled from all future bouts beyond the Slammiversary PPV, but I don't know that to be 100%. I was told Joe was willing to gut through the injury if needed.

Joe announced the injuries and posted a photo of his broken fingers on his official twitter, http://twitter.com/SamoaJoe.

Sucks for Joe, his Nation of Violence wasn't unstoppable after all. I wonder will they replace him in KOTM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Torn triceps? What? Did he lift too many buckets of KFC over the weekend or somethin'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Crap. Looks like we'll be stuck with the geriatric main eventers.

Joe has put on weight as of late. I've been worried for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I honestly don't think Joe will even be wrestling in a couple of years time. I think the weight gain has something to do with the fact that his knees are shot to pieces meaning he finds doing cardio extremely tough and generally hes falling apart with various injuries. Physically there's a world of difference between the Joe of 2002 when he debuted in ROH and the way he has let himself go now. He seems to have lost the fire he had a few years ago when he was one of the best in the world and if the injuries continue to mount up I can see him jacking it all in to be honest.

Life of a Samoan wrestler:

I grow tall
    I grow wide
    I wrestle
    I grow wider
    My lower body can't carry my upper body
    I retire
    I get forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've never seen a skinny one thats for sure!:pac:

*I'm not counting Rock

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've never seen a skinny one thats for sure!:pac:

*I'm not counting Rock

Skinny Pete from The Italian Job?
    Oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its a shame i thought there were maybe pushing him for a feud with Styles

Any idea who the person he talks to before the matches is or is that storyline long gone :confused:

Advertisement