Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoenix Motors Bluebell

• 03-06-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hey, is everything ok with these lads?
    I've been leaving messages for the service department for the last week, haven't heard anything back... I'm determined to book the car in for a service there whether they like it or not :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Have you tried ringing their sales department?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

yeah a sales fella took a note for the service department to phone a week ago, I've phoned the service department three times since then, voicemail everytime... left messages... no response yet. (I'm assuming they're on holiday or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

minikin wrote: »
    yeah a sales fella took a note for the service department to phone a week ago, I've phoned the service department three times since then, voicemail everytime... left messages... no response yet. (I'm assuming they're on holiday or something)

What car are you getting serviced?

Hi Geoff, it's an octavia, had it in with them to get a nasty leak sorted a few months back when another skoda dealership couldn't do it. They seem to do good work and I wanted to use them again. Was just trying to get a rough price out of them first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

If they aren't returning your calls I'd walk away, surely?? There are plenty of garages in that area..

• Advertisement

ah i don't mind too much, i'd rather get bad phone service than a bad car service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I know the sales manager in this outlet, they are usually on top of their game... Actually good people to do business with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I know the sales manager in this outlet, they are usually on top of their game... Actually good people to do business with...

I handled buying my mother-in-laws Octavia there. It was a very smooth transaction, no hassle and they fully kept their end of the bargain (delivery times, options, etc.). I got it at a very keen price too for a popular low margin car (10% discount back in '03). Would recommend. Sure hope they are doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

i have an octavia also, and unless you talk to the service dept they will never ever ring you back, ever.

last year i was looking to get the timing belt and a full service done (€1000 worth of work) and they never rang me back. like you i had to ring several times and i only reason i persisted was because they were the closest skoda dealer to me.

result at last, phoned them again - sales guys always answer ;)
    Spoke to a very helpful chap in sales - Peter, got me sorted out, sounded surprised that service department weren't returning calls... sorted me with prices and booked me in... all's well that ends well!

• Advertisement

got a major service done today €305.
    Gave them a list of defects when I dropped it off (foglight switches on by itself, indicator audio signal comes on randomly when I'm NOT indicating)
    Got back the bill with advice that I need a new switch for the foglight and a new indicator stalk... wtf is the point in spending so much on a service with a main dealer if they're not going to repair the things I ask them to?... that windscreen washer fluid must be some expensive sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

minikin wrote: »
    got a major service done today €305.
    Gave them a list of defects when I dropped it off (foglight switches on by itself, indicator audio signal comes on randomly when I'm NOT indicating)
    Got back the bill with advice that I need a new switch for the foglight and a new indicator stalk... wtf is the point in spending so much on a service with a main dealer if they're not going to repair the things I ask them to?... that windscreen washer fluid must be some expensive sheet.

Because if they go ahead and do the work, you might argue that you never asked them to replace the parts. The bill probably includes them finding the faults and trying to fix before replacing the parts. the could also have to order the parts in.

And Yes Screen wash from main dealers contains traces of gold, that is why is costs much more.

I got a call from them about an hour after I left it in to tell me what the mech had found and that it'd be €350 all in (they said that the alternator belt was in rag order, which I found out - when collecting the car - they didn't change because their online ordering system was down or something) hence €305... and this means taking more time off work to get that fixed, not to mention the other electrical stuff... I wouldn't mind but I paid them €440 to fix the electrics back in january) There was no mention that the switches wouldn't be replaced... It just seems strange that when you put your car in to get everything ironed out that it comes away still with problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Unfortunately enough not everyone thinks like yourself Minikin. Yes, if something needs doing on a car, get it done should be the norm. However there has been numerous rants here in relation to people leaving cars in for a service and returning to find that all that needed to be done was done, and then being handed a bill for €700/€800! For a service!?!

See, that's the logic behind many peoples thinking (and maybe their budgets) so it is understandable that they did not do this work. In fairness they did inform you what extra needed to be done and quote you for same seperately. What they should have done was call you during the day and inform you of same and ask you if you wanted it done there and then.

In fairness they did inform you what extra needed to be done and quote you for same seperately.

See this is the thing, I took the trouble to give them a written list of faults when I left the car in, they just haven't bothered looking at the problems. I get the feeling that they don't like rolling non service stuff in with a service because that way they get to charge a fair bit more for labour when you have to come back. I thought I was doing the right thing as I wanted all this stuff fixed by the professionals rather than getting some back street merchant screwing around. I might rethink that now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

small claims court?

Advertisement