Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 - News & Info June 5th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

IGN have seen a quick demo already: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989290p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

www.fifasoccerblog.com has daily updates on any news and also they have played it and done a mouth-watering preveiw. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You should all follow @EARom on twitter, he's the best source of FIFA 10 info, pointed me to this very good review. Finger is definitely on the pulse.
    http://www.fifainformer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Full 360 degree movement while dribbling with the ball, that sounds amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

You should all follow @EARom on twitter, he's the best source of FIFA 10 info, pointed me to this very good review. Finger is definitely on the pulse.
    http://www.fifainformer.com/

Yeah, he gets loads of "tweets" or whatever, but usually replies to them all. That means the page is usually full of unrelated crap. At least you get answers to any questions you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The new dribbling system sounds very cool, but its soooooo far away. It seems there making the game more balanced and so speed and strength are only as important as the space you make and intelligent passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

*Manager Mode has had many issues addressed, including improved results in simulation games, a more compelling transfer system, improved atmosphere, and improved player growth over time.

*Ball physics have again been refined and improved from FIFA 09, as well as an improvement on flicked passes where they could be enabled via a button combination instead of just on the fly.

*To extend the realism of the gameplay, the defensive line in matches will generally be positioned deeper as to prevent attacks having an unfair edge.
    General gameplay has been improved as it has been every year. This year, A.I, goalkeeping, positioning, defending, physical play, and set pieces have been improved from last years game.

*The dribbling with a player has been refined so it is easier to get past an opponent using skills and tricks in a one-one situation, which looks more realistic.

*"360° dribbling system" The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.

*Improved Urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so the players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.

*Improved Tapping Intelligence, players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.

Source:Backofthenet.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I hope they implement a way of letting the host for online games limit what settings the opponents use, i'm sick of playing people with fully assisted settings on all the time, it's quite an unfair advantage against people that like to have to aim passes and shots.... no fun at all. I only play offline now with mates cos at least i know then we are on an even playing field, so to speak.

I hope they implement a way of letting the host for online games limit what settings the opponents use, i'm sick of playing people with fully assisted settings on all the time, it's quite an unfair advantage against people that like to have to aim passes and shots.... no fun at all. I only play offline now with mates cos at least i know then we are on an even playing field, so to speak.

I'll play with manual controls when it's not a chore to even get a shot on target, want to be able to enjoy the game and not see shots from 6 yards go into row Z because it's too sensitive, also bars fill up too slow and you lose it a lot waiting on the power, game speed goes against it, passing is a chore too.

Suppose it takes away from the game aswell, if i'm doing EVERYTHING then whats the point in having Kaka in my team since Kilbane is capable of 90% of the same(bar speed etc....), letting the computer do some of it let's us distinguish between certain players and give us a different feel.

I'd love more skill to come into it,but i don't want it to be a chore to even give a short pass, maybe they can work on it.

I'd agree with your sentiments though, loads of little changes would make the world of difference, like seeing your opponents online record before the game, putting teams on a reject list(Man Utd).

Was it so hard to add all these obvious things?, then again we should be grateful THQ didn't even add a "Disconnect=Loss'' into the UFC game:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

They are bringing back training. Thank fook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Just spotted Edge magazine has given the cover to FIFA10, haven't had a chance to read it yet but it might be worth checking out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Penguinssmell

Any word on them making it more dificult to finish with dinks and making it slightly easier to round the keeper perhaps? And thank god they're improving the dribbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

PCros wrote: »
    *The dribbling with a player has been refined so it is easier to get past an opponent using skills and tricks in a one-one situation, which looks more realistic.

*"360° dribbling system" The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
    Does this not worry anyone else???

I really hope they don't mess this up. Just think back to Fifa around 99 or 2000. 1 button presses to past a defender, players looking like ballerinas twirling their way through the defense.

If they do add this, I hope it is very subtle and allows players a little more space and not much else.

Any time they try to bring special moves into the game they mess it up. Think back to the the off the ball system, that was really bad for multiplayer play. At least make the skill moves fail the majority of the time, especially against the better defenders.

I was thinking the other day that they had a very good game in Fifa 09, and now I learn that they are going to risk it.

Something like this with the best players could lead to untouchable players which would be really crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

you are misunderstanding what the 360 movement is. Its not a new special move or skill or trick. You dont press a button...... its when you are using the left stick to move your player.

In current fifa, you can only dribble in 8 directions. Up, down, left, right and the diagnals. Think of it like Diablo 2. In the new one, you can run at any angle with the ball. So instead of being forced to turn at a 90 degree angle......you can turn at a 94 degree angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

fifa sux, pes rules. your just fifa fanboys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

denial.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Learn about basic spelling and grammar, then come back to us.

Grow up too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Summer holidays from school already? In saying that your English teacher should be ashamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

u are in denial if u think ****fifa approaches PES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yes. In denial we all are. Now please move along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

u are in denial if u think ****fifa approaches PES.

"Fifa approaches PES"....whats that even supposed to mean? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I ****ing hate idiots like him who cant open their minds to a new game. Everyone liked Pro Evo more... but then Fifa got better... much better

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

devereaux17, flame again and you can take a week off.

Guys, keep the thread on topic.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Is it just me or are fifa starting early with the publicity for the next installment? Im not saying im annoyed, but they have some countdown thingy on their site and its even for the date of the reslease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Is it just me or are fifa starting early with the publicity for the next installment? Im not saying im annoyed, but they have some countdown thingy on their site and its even for the date of the reslease?

The early bird catches the worm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just in case anyone has seen it yet...

http://kotaku.com/5305925/fifa-10-gameplay-trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Real Madrid are going to be unreal in this game.

mise wrote: »
    Just in case anyone has seen it yet...

http://kotaku.com/5305925/fifa-10-gameplay-trailer

it looks amazing. Love Fifa 09, cant wait to trash everyone (except corcaigh 09 ) in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

miralize wrote: »
    it looks amazing. Love Fifa 09, cant wait to trash everyone (except corcaigh 09 ) in it :)

Does Corcaigh 09 have a picture of a sheep as an avatar by any chance?

• Advertisement

Advertisement