Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bannow & Rathangan Show in Killag in Wexford - What date is it on?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know the 2009 date this will be on?
    Also is there a website for this?

I think it was cancelled last year. I remember going to it 3 years ago and it was a great day out. I might take a day off work this year and go to it again.

- BFG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

It starts first week of July usually.

Cool, I might make it this year.

I haven't been in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

FYI, the latest info I have....

someone is just after letting me know that it is normally on a Thursday and that more than likely the date will be 9th July 2009.
    Just after finding this weblink which also says 9th July
    So I guess that is the date.

:( Won't be in Wexford then.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

The Bannow and Rathangan Show is very poorly advertised.
    Visitors to the area at the time may never hear about it.
    And how do you go about exhibiting there?. Like having a stall selling your craft products. Who do you contact? No email address or phone number published in the local papers. Isn't there someone on some committee or other supposed to take care of that?. Wake up!!.

• Advertisement

groveman60 wrote: »
    And how do you go about exhibiting there?. Like having a stall selling your craft products. Who do you contact? No email address or phone number published in the local papers. Isn't there someone on some committee or other supposed to take care of that?. Wake up!!.

I 100% agree with you. I think a lot of shows and festivals are poorly advertised in Wexford region. You could start a new thread on this topic to be honest. I'll do that now cause we could easily go off topic here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Its a Local Show, For Local People ;)

we dont want youse foreignist types traipsin around with yer fancy foreighn ways and yer Townie mannerisims.

If I had my way Id annex Killag from Rathangan and I wouldnt let them in aither

ITS the BANNOW show.
    :D:D:D:D
    incidentaly anyone know why they stopped doing Cullenstown on the 15th of August????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Neyeen

ITS the BANNOW show.
    :D:D:D:D
    incidentaly anyone know why they stopped doing Cullenstown on the 15th of August????

BANNOW SHOW!!! Ah get up the yard. It hasn't been in Bannow for 30 years!!:p In fact, it was never in Bannow, sure who'd go if it was all the way down there.

As for Cullenstown........... did they not run out of beach to hold it???

The official title "Bannow & Rathangan Show in Killag" is a bit of a mouthful. I've always heard it been referred to as the Killag Show.

Imagine if they had a "Enniscorthy & New Ross Festival In Gorey Show" :D

The show is in the same field every year right?
    Did the owner of the field die a while back and in his will he stated the field will always be available to the Killag Show. I have a vague recollection someone saying something like that to me in the past but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone might be able to shed some light on it.
    Was the show ever held in Bannon or Rathangan in the past?

The official title "Bannow & Rathangan Show in Killag" is a bit of a mouthful. I've always heard it been referred to as the Killag Show.

Imagine if they had a "Enniscorthy & New Ross Festival In Gorey Show" :D

The show is in the same field every year right?
    Did the owner of the field die a while back and in his will he stated the field will always be available to the Killag Show. I have a vague recollection someone saying something like that to me in the past but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone might be able to shed some light on it.
    Was the show ever held in Bannon or Rathangan in the past?

The Killag Show is a handy name for it alright, considering that's where its held and all that.

As for your questions...............:confused:
    Yes, always held in the same field, maybe an extra field or two for parking but the main show is always in the same one.
    The original owner of the field died last year? or was it the previous one?? But his son now owns the field so I don't know if your story about the will is true, I never heard that about the will. He'd hardly get to put that in his will if he doesn't own it anymore.?
    Yes the first show was held in Littlegraigue, which is in the parish of Bannow. It was there for a couple of years, not sure how many. And I think it moved once before it settled in Killag.

Phew.....how did I score??

• Advertisement

Neyeen wrote: »
    The Killag Show is a handy name for it alright, considering that's where its held and all that.

As for your questions...............:confused:
    Yes, always held in the same field, maybe an extra field or two for parking but the main show is always in the same one.
    The original owner of the field died last year? or was it the previous one?? But his son now owns the field so I don't know if your story about the will is true, I never heard that about the will. He'd hardly get to put that in his will if he doesn't own it anymore.?
    Yes the first show was held in Littlegraigue, which is in the parish of Bannow. It was there for a couple of years, not sure how many. And I think it moved once before it settled in Killag.

Phew.....how did I score??
    Yeah sounds about right.
    9 out 10. I deducted 1 mark for all the question marks in your reply :D

I plan to go to the show myself, so I will find out more about it then when I start talking in my country tongue :D

Don't forget to book the day off work and I'll see you there with the other 15 - 20,000 people:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smiley33

I miss Cullenstown on Aug 15th - was it cancelled cause some poor kid drowned - years ago??
    Killag show is great - is advertised in local papers - and shows countrywide - also check out Rathangan.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stars-icons

You can contact Nick on 051 563178. Apparently he is the man to book a stand with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Odd, I dont remember any kid drowning, and I'm from Bannow, I remember them diggin up the beach one year, but that was supposed to be a temporary thing, however it was never held again, I'd love to know why if anyone has any ideas.

also does the Killag Show still have them big swingboats, they were just cool, in an oldschool simplicity kinda way

Neyeen wrote: »
    Don't forget to book the day off work and I'll see you there with the other 15 - 20,000 people:D:D
    Done.

Well people, did ye get to the Killag Show? If so what did ye think and any comments.

It didn't rain anyway so I've no complaints.:D

weather was brilliant, huge crowd and it was great to be there. It didnt end till 9pm after the Steeple Chase horse event was over.

I love the Killag Show & I think the committee do a FAB job - I wish they would , if they can , space out the stalls & the craft exhibitions and the funfair , catering area a bit more - There was a bit of a bottle neck going on there ! Other than that - it is a great day - Wish the olde pickpockets would GET LOST .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

I was at the show and enjoyed a great day out, aided by good weather. However, you had to be prepared to stay on your feet all day - unless you called into the catering hall, or sat down to watch Wallace's fashion show.
    Next year, the organisers should provide lots of seats - even the most basic would do - around the showground.

Agreed - Even a few bales of straw !

Advertisement