Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the driving test - Can one drive unnacompanied?

• 03-06-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hello,

Im have my driving test tomorrow and im wondering if when i get my "certificate of competency" after passing the test (assuming i do pass the test), can i remove the L-plates from my car and now drive unnaccompanied or do i have to apply for and have the full license in my hand to be able to take down my L-plates and drive unaccompanied?

I am living in the republic of ireland and i know yahoo answers is mainly used by people in the uk, but I would still like to hear what you think on this matter.

Thank you.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

No you're not legally allowed to drive unaccompanied without the full license in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Don't know what the law says, but I remember I took 'em down straight away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

louth87 wrote: »
    Don't know what the law says, but I remember I took 'em down straight away!

The law pretty much says what Devia has said, that you're not fully licensed until you have your license in hand. That being said though, i'd think it would be highly unlikely that a gard would do anything if you were stopped with a cert of competency. Just apply for your full license asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

when i finish the test. my instructor came to see how i got on and when i told him I passed. He asked me "then what are you doing with the L-plates? Take em down" and i did.
    Thats my story!
    P.S. Good luck with the test!

Advertisement