Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden Valley in Dundalk?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is somewhere in or around Dundalk that is called Hidden Valley? I was aked by a friend that used to visit Dundalk as a child to try and find it for her. She seems to recall it was some kind of illusion.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,713 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think theres a place somewhere between Dundalk and Carlingford that fits the description. Its some sort of road where if you park on it and let the handbrake off, it looks like you're rolling uphill.

My friend and I tried to find it one day but after stopping and rolling down several roads in the area still couldn't find it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Magic Hill in Jenkinstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

That sounds like it. Thank you.

Anybody know how to find it?

Also, would there have been a hotel in the area called The White Hotel?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Never heard of The White Hotel, the only hotel in that area is the Ballymascanlon.

Magic Hill:
    Magic_Hill_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Go to Ballymascanlon roundabout, head for Carlingford. After about 5k there's a turn left towards Omeath / the Long Womans Grave, as far as I know it's up there or the next turn left. An optical illusion, the road appears to rise yet you roll forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Yep, remember going to find this on a "lunch break" from college one day, you stop at the dip at the bottom of the hill and the car appears to roll back up the hill...:p

Advertisement