Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Photoshop online course

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

Has anybody completed the above course or any of the other FAS online courses and what did they think?

Any other resources people have found helpful when mastering Photoshop apart from playing around with it and books which I haven't found overly helpful?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'm always skeptical when it comes to online courses.
    You need to be very determined and motivated to learn from them.

I have done FAS courses but none online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a look on www.lynda.com - online video tutorials

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noreds

try IACT.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Quote - "Any other resources people have found helpful when mastering Photoshop apart from playing around with it and books which I haven't found overly helpful?"

It takes years to master Photoshop.
    What are you hoping to do with it?

If you could be more specific then it should be easier for us to point you to the appropriate resources and tutorials.

Having said that a quick Google will show you that there are millions of PS tutorials online and there is also YouTube.

Practice and self-study is the best way in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

muso wrote: »
    apart from playing around with it and books which I haven't found overly helpful?
    Can't use books myself. Using videos achieves better results, as you can see what you need to do, and also how to do it.

Was looking into 3dsmax once upon a time. The book made little or no sense, but I came across a video by the lads who made the BF1942 mod "Interstate '82" which showed how to make a house: found that waaaay better. So now, I only look for video tutorials. Easier to follow and understand.

Some people will swear by books, but not I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I personally tend to pick things up better in a traditoional classroom environment and to this end I am looking at courses in photoshop with both Bigwave and IACt but both of them seem to be coming in at around €700 for a 2 day course (hopefully this info will help the op decide between fas course and online courses)

so rather than create a new thread Can I ask
    - Is there any other classroom led training in photoshop at a lower price?

Regards
    Tommy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

There is no doubt that if you are starting from scratch and can afford the course then a good classroom course gives a great base and also show you what Photoshop is capable of as a tool.

I had no knowledge of photoshop a year ago but by using some of the many online free tutorials I have picked up a lot.

In particular I would recommend Revision 3's Pixelperfect

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Serpication27

Has anyone completed a Fás online course? Thinking of applying for the ECDL course,
    but not sure how it is monitored/run. Do you need a webcam, or is general interaction with tutors assigned through email only? How many hours per week do online courses consist of, and is it more difficult to do online, than in a training centre. I have never done an online course before, so if anyone has any information/advice it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please don't bump old threads. The Photography forum may be a better place for your query.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement