Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales of Monkey Island (PC & Wii)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Got it today, controls are a bit awkward but once you get used to them it's pretty good. Can anyone tell me if the sam and max episodes are of the same quality as this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just finished it, loved it. I didn't think the Sam & Max episodes were as polished as this but they were good fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loved this too, looking forward to the next parts!
    Think they got the sense of humour about right. Much much better than Monkey Island 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Stephen wrote: »
    Agreed on the controls, gimme simple point and click, not click and drag!

You can just use the keyboard instead. Like Grim Fandango/Monkey Island 4 style, only without the annoying sudden 180 degree spins or getting stuck in corners of the room. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Playing it at the moment and loving it. Laughed out loud several times already, and groaned at some deliciously terrible puns. Didn't try the mouse movement controls for more than a minute - WASD keys work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Whats the min hardware required or this guys?

I'm running it on my Windows 7, Dual core with Intel integrated graphics laptop & it's dog slow.

Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

tm2204 wrote: »
    Whats the min hardware required or this guys?

I'm running it on my Windows 7, Dual core with Intel integrated graphics laptop & it's dog slow.

Tks.

Go into graphical settings and try dropping it down to 3 or below. If it's the cursor being slow as well that should help as I had the same prob on 2 different laptops of very different spec and this fixed it.:D

Go into graphical settings and try dropping it down to 3 or below. If it's the cursor being slow as well that should help as I had the same prob on 2 different laptops of very different spec and this fixed it.:D

Tried this; I even put it down to 1 and this speeded the graphics up but my problem is the game takes literally minutes to load initially!!

I have played the both full seasons of Sam & Max on the same laptop with no problems (either loading speed or graphics) but this game is causing all sorts of problems.

Have looked around on google and it appears other people are having lots of problems too.

Any further ideas or if anyone has had the same problems would be appreciated.

:D

It was my year and a half old laptop I was playing it on (Vista) and I had absolutely no problems, ran smoothly with the quality at 9!

It was my year and a half old laptop I was playing it on (Vista) and I had absolutely no problems, ran smoothly with the quality at 9!

How quickly did the game actually load? After I Chose 'Launch Game' from the initial menu it took minutes, literally, before I got the opening LucasArts & TellTale logos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stenby

I'm running this on a Sammy NC10 netbook, 2Gb. Slow startup as well, about four minutes, but then works perfectly. Updated all drivers, no improvement.

Stenby wrote: »
    I'm running this on a Sammy NC10 netbook, 2Gb. Slow startup as well, about four minutes, but then works perfectly. Updated all drivers, no improvement.

I've a Dell Inspiron 6400, Dual Core with 4GB RAM. I've only integrated graphics but if it takes so long to load & is so sluggish on my laptop then i'm not gonna bother.

The Sam & Max series loads almost instantly and run without any issues at all.

I am running Windows 7 but I don't think this is the problem.

When I bring up task manager when the game is loading I can see the process pulling RAM but very very slowly. Either a bug of some sort or just bloatware. Should never have to wait this long for a game to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Do I have to buy all the episodes up front for this? I downloaded the demo and want to buy the first episode but I can only find the full version on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No sign of this on the wii just yet either o_0

tm2204 wrote: »
    How quickly did the game actually load? After I Chose 'Launch Game' from the initial menu it took minutes, literally, before I got the opening LucasArts & TellTale logos

Only took a matter of seconds for me... :confused:

Advertisement