Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Wextexts Now on 3

Options
  • 03-06-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭

you can not get 333 webtexts per month on the 3 website:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can not get 333 webtexts per month on the 3 website:)

We know you can not get them :P

Assuming that was supposed to be "now", I can't find it on the site, possibly because I'm still on the old tariff. Where is it on the site?

nvm googled it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Any network?
    International?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I am a fan of wextexts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Its about time, will there be a new version of cabbage out to support this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have an a T-Mobile G1 on 3Pay, I might look into an android client for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

http://www.three.ie/on3/webtext.htm
    and mind you, only national numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

This is big.
    Irish mobiles only,
    You can schedule texts too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'm on Meteors BPL at the moment but if i moved to 3pay and got the 1GB addon i would be sorted with data and text for the month! Very tempting! Assuming sam updates cabbage which i'm sure he will!!

Edit: Can you send more than 160 characters at one time like on 02 where they are received as one text?

No you cant even send 160 chars, only 140 something. They affix ' - sent using webtext.three.ie' to the texts...

Thats pretty crap maybe sam can find away to remove this?

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    No you cant even send 160 chars, only 140 something. They affix ' - sent using webtext.three.ie' to the texts...

FFS even webtext they can't get right. :( Staying with meteor so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

squared wrote: »
    FFS even webtext they can't get right. :( Staying with meteor so!

Totally agree.

Webtexts would have been the thing to have me move from Meteor BPL, but this message on the end of the texts is crap? WTF is that for?

sorry just an update here.
    if you text is longer than 140 chars, there's no ad in the end, I only sent a short text to try this service. then tried a longer one and there was no ad.

So you can probably delete the add from the end of your text in the message box? If not the likes of cabbage and others could just add in white space to fill the text to 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    No clue..

And if you try to send the same message twice, you get the error:
    "Message not sentThis is a duplicate message i.e. This message was already sent within the last 2 minutes"

Yes, but to different numbers.. FFS.

IH77 wrote: »
    Totally agree.

Webtexts would have been the thing to have me move from Meteor BPL, but this message on the end of the texts is crap? WTF is that for?

Maybe its just a temporary thing to make people aware that three now have webtexts. Well thats the only reasonable explaination I can come up with.
    sorry just an update here.
    if you text is longer than 140 chars, there's no ad in the end, I only sent a short text to try this service. then tried a longer one and there was no ad.

Thats something i guess but i would have hoped that you could send >160 characters in one.

So you can probably delete the add from the end of your text in the message box? If not the likes of cabbage and others could just add in white space to fill the text to 160.

No the ad is not part of the text box. It will be added "behind the scenes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

No clue..

And if you try to send the same message twice, you get the error:
    "Message not sentThis is a duplicate message i.e. This message was already sent within the last 2 minutes"

Yes, but to different numbers.. FFS.

I guess if it's new they will need to iron out the odd bug (assuming that they see that as a bug!)

IH77 wrote: »
    I guess if it's new they will need to iron out the odd bug (assuming that they see that as a bug!)
    Might be so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its about time, will there be a new version of cabbage out to support this?

There will be indeed :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php now supports 3 and I just have to change the desktop and mobile apps to allow the new service, just a matter of adding 3 to the list

As flodis says, the ad only gets inserted if you send less than 140 chars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

every time i try to register for this , nothing happens afer i input my mobile no. and email address and click 'register'....

any1 else have this problem?

Sam Vimes wrote: »

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php now supports 3 and I just have to change the desktop and mobile apps to allow the new service, just a matter of adding 3 to the list

That was FAST!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

cojomo2 wrote: »
    every time i try to register for this , nothing happens afer i input my mobile no. and email address and click 'register'....

any1 else have this problem?

Try Internet Explorer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

that did the trick , thanks!

As flodis says, the ad only gets inserted if you send less than 140 chars

Good man can you add white space to messages that are less than 140 to round it up to 160 this should get rid of the add?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

or IE tab in firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

will there be a new version to dowload or will the existing version work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Reminds me of when o2 was digifone - had a ad at the end too, but if you buffer out the remaining characters with blank spaces,can make it disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 dhblewis

Three struggle to do anything right is the -sent by webtext.three.ie temporary?

Also, Is it possible to change PIN?

Advertisement