Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Wextexts Now on 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

dhblewis wrote: »
    Three struggle to do anything right is the -sent by webtext.three.ie temporary?

Also, Is it possible to change PIN?

Id imagine its just to make people aware me the web texts. They have been slated here many times for not having web texts surly this is a good thing even if it has the small ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I cant believe they actually caved,, does this mean that msn wasn't the perfect solution to webtexts after all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Soot-fan wrote: »
    will there be a new version to dowload or will the existing version work.

You already know the answer from my thread. Just pointing others there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I have Three.ie working in JSMS. Just doing some testing before releasing it. Fixing a few other bugs while I'm at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I'll be switching to 3 once my O2 contract runs out thanks to this. It was the one thing that was missing. €10 a month to cover data, then Cabbage and occasional top ups on my SIP account will give me everything I need for less than half the price I'd be paying on O2.

Although I'll miss the excellent customer service. Hopefully O2 will respond before then. Wink wink nudge nudge Darryl ;)

EDIT: For fecks sake, the €10 free credit per month has a 30 date expiry date and can't be used to purchase add ons. It's still a good offer but why does 3 have to continually shoot itself in the foot like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Breezer wrote: »

EDIT: For fecks sake, the €10 free credit per month has a 30 date expiry date and can't be used to purchase add ons. It's still a good offer but why does 3 have to continually shoot itself in the foot like this?

I wonder the same. Found out the hard way. But you can on the other hand get quite a few free calls and texts for the 10euro bonus credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

fbradyirl wrote: »
    I have Three.ie working in JSMS. Just doing some testing before releasing it. Fixing a few other bugs while I'm at it....

HI Finbarr,

Will it work with the iPhone version?

And if so when will the update go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    We know you can not get them :P

Assuming that was supposed to be "now", I can't find it on the site, possibly because I'm still on the old tariff. Where is it on the site?

nvm googled it :)

the link for the webtext is at the top of the 3 website in really small writing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I'm about to try registering it for webtext but does anyone know if the dataSIM from the e220 will qualify? I'm assuming it will.

culabula wrote: »
    I'm about to try registering it for webtext but does anyone know if the dataSIM from the e220 will qualify? I'm assuming it will.

Answer to that is a resounding YES. Happy days, I've stuck it in my iPhone and that brings me up to oooooooohhhhhh over 3,000 free SMS a month of which 75% are international and unlimited data. Now bring on the tethering.

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    HI Finbarr,

Will it work with the iPhone version?

And if so when will the update go live.
    Sorry about the delay in replying. For some reason Boards.ie no longer sends me email notifications of new posts!

Yes, iPhone jelly SMS app was submitted to Apple over a week ago with Three.ie support (the day after Three started the service). Hopefully it will get approval over this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

This is good, but by my reckoning it'll only work when you have 3G coverage due to 3s lack of a data roaming agreement with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is there any similar app for Android phones?

Can these apps be changed to add spaces to the end of messages to remove the advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi Finbar,

Im with 3irl, and am getting the new iphone as soon as its available. Does this app allow me to use the 333 free web texts directly from my handset? Or is there an additional charge per text sent? I assume it will only work for national numbers as 3 state that their webtexts are for national use only?Thanks

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi Finbar,

I assume it will only work for national numbers as 3 state that their webtexts are for national use only?Thanks

Yes.

Hi Finbar,

Im with 3irl, and am getting the new iphone as soon as its available. Does this app allow me to use the 333 free web texts directly from my handset? Or is there an additional charge per text sent?

Yes, you can use all 333 webtexts free every month from the iPhone with the Jelly SMS app (when it is approved in the coming days). There's no additional charge. It's all done over the data connection.
    I assume it will only work for national numbers as 3 state that their webtexts are for national use only?Thanks
    Yes, only to national numbers at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I am using a Nokia 5800 on the Three network. Can I use AFT or Cabbage on this phone??

Quarrybaby wrote: »
    I am using a Nokia 5800 on the Three network. Can I use AFT or Cabbage on this phone??

You can use Cabbage. I don't know if AFT supports 3 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Yes, you can use all 333 webtexts free every month from the iPhone with the Jelly SMS app (when it is approved in the coming days). There's no additional charge. It's all done over the data connection.

Yes, only to national numbers at present.

Cool, great stuff. its already in the app store so it must be approved already.

Is 1.6 the latest version of cabbage? I only have options of Met, 02, Voda, Sms discount, Voip Cheap, Low Rate Voip.

• Advertisement

Cool, great stuff. its already in the app store so it must be approved already.

Version 1.6 is in the App Store at the minute. Three.ie support will be in version 1.7 whenever Apple press the 'Ok' button ;)

Is 1.6 the latest version of cabbage? I only have options of Met, 02, Voda, Sms discount, Voip Cheap, Low Rate Voip.

No 1.6.2 is the version with 3 support. Type this address into your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.6.2

That link has to be entered directly on the phone, you can't download it via a pc

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Sam will you be updating the source with the new changes?

I will be updating it as soon as I get a chance.

No 1.6.2 is the version with 3 support. Type this address into your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.6.2

That link has to be entered directly on the phone, you can't download it via a pc

Thanks for that. Is it down by any chance? Installed it, but tried to send a text and got a message - could not connect to network site. I can connect to the internet on hte phone however..

Thanks for that. Is it down by any chance? Installed it, but tried to send a text and got a message - could not connect to network site. I can connect to the internet on hte phone however..

No it's working fine. Can other java apps access the internet? Maybe try downloading opera mini and see if that can connect.

The phone number should be in the format 083 btw, not 35383 or anything like that.

Are you sure you put the right pin number in? The one that you use to log in to the website.

No it's working fine. Can other java apps access the internet? Maybe try downloading opera mini and see if that can connect.

The phone number should be in the format 083 btw, not 35383 or anything like that.

Are you sure you put the right pin number in? The one that you use to log in to the website.

Yeah checked and double checked login details. Opera mini working fine on it. Every time I change phones, I cant seem to get it working without your assistance :o

Yeah checked and double checked login details. Opera mini working fine on it. Every time I change phones, I cant seem to get it working without your assistance :o

Do you have any logins from other networks you can try?

Do you have any logins from other networks you can try?

I have an o2 mobile broadband account, set that up in cabbage and message sent...???

• Advertisement

I have an o2 mobile broadband account, set that up in cabbage and message sent...???

Well that means that either the site was having temporary problems (unlikely), you've got the wrong server entered (unlikely) or you've entered the details wrong.

Are you sure you have the right network selected and the right pin?

Can you log in to the three website with exactly the details you've put in cabbage?

press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure it's http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Replace the parts in capitals in the link below with your own details, stick it in the address bar and tell me what happens when you go to it:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOUR_NUMBER&p=YOUR_PIN&d=YOUR_NUMBER&s=t&m=hello

edit:can you log into my3 ok and can you go to the website www.three.ie?

Advertisement