Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Wextexts Now on 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Well that means that either the site was having temporary problems (unlikely), you've got the wrong server entered (unlikely) or you've entered the details wrong.

Are you sure you have the right network selected and the right pin?

Can you log in to the three website with exactly the details you've put in cabbage?

press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure it's http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Replace the parts in capitals in the link below with your own details, stick it in the address bar and tell me what happens when you go to it:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOUR_NUMBER&p=YOUR_PIN&d=YOUR_NUMBER&s=t&m=hello

edit:can you log into my3 ok and can you go to the website www.three.ie?

Oh god, I figured what I was doing wrong. There are separate log in's for the three website and the three webtext!!! The password for webtext is all numeric, I was using the password for the website :eek:

Cheers Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Quarrybaby wrote: »
    Oh god, I figured what I was doing wrong. There are separate log in's for the three website and the three webtext!!! The password for webtext is all numeric, I was using the password for the website :eek:

Cheers Sam!

I knew we'd figure it out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I've used your app on i don't know how many different phones at this stage, but manage to mess it up each time! I'll get it right sometime :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭postie

Three webtext seems to be down. Have sent texts from two accounts but nada.
    Teething problems I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

Seems to be working again. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Does 3's Webtext service do Delivery Reports, too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

As I use a T-mobile G1 (Android), so the j2me app above doesn't work for me.

If you try open http://webtext.three.ie from the phone, they tell you that you cannot access the webtext service from your handset. This probably happens for all handsets.

Just bookmark and use this instead:

http://webtext.three.ie/processLogin.jsp?mobile=MOBILENO&pin=PIN&serviceId=19088&originCountryPrefix=353

They only check the user agent in the main login page (lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Just an update: I have Three.ie support working in JSMS for the desktop. I sent out a beta yesterday and there is a bug I need to fix before I can release it. Hopefully it will be out the next few days.

JSMS for iPhone/iPod Touch version 1.7 is already out with support for Three.ie and BlueFace.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I've released version 4.2.1 of JSMS for Mac and PC which adds support for Three.ie plus some other fixes. I recommend you download this update manually from http://jsmsirl.sf.net as there is an issue with the auto-updater at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi, contemplating switching to three but i'd just like to ask a few things first.

* Does the webtext service have much down time?

* Have they removed the message from the end of the webtexts yet?

*If not has sam figured out a way around this to remove it?

• Advertisement

squared wrote: »
    Hi, contemplating switching to three but i'd just like to ask a few things first.

* Does the webtext service have much down time?

* Have they removed the message from the end of the webtexts yet?

*If not has sam figured out a way around this to remove it?

I haven't had any complaints of it being down so far.

I tried adding spaces to the end of messages to get rid of their ad but they were too clever for me and they just chop them out and add their mesage. The only way I can think of to do it is to put something like a load of underscores but that's not ideal obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I haven't had any complaints of it being down so far.

I tried adding spaces to the end of messages to get rid of their ad but they were too clever for me and they just chop them out and add their mesage. The only way I can think of to do it is to put something like a load of underscores but that's not ideal obviously

Cool thanks for the speedy reply, just a thought but would it work if you ended the messages with spaces followed by a fullstop (Message .)

squared wrote: »
    Cool thanks for the speedy reply, just a thought but would it work if you ended the messages with spaces followed by a fullstop (Message .)

I must admit that did not occur to me :)

And it works fine. I've made that change now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roy_scott

that's great removing the add. thanks

any luck setting up the contacts import from three?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Hear hear to all the comments..

I now have three :-) separate logins to three's website.

1) to check my account details
    2) to send a webtext
    3) to check if I qualify for an upgrade (note: I can only login after they send me a password via text).

After sending the usual complaint form, I got the usual rubbish response from three..

We have separate logins for different service inquiries for the security purposes and to avoid any fraudulent activities on your account. However, we will take this as a valuable feedback as we are constantly upgrading our products and services.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our customer services by dialing 1913 (free of charge). We’ll be glad to assist you.

After pointing out to them that I only have one login for my online banking, which contains far more sensitive information I got the following response -

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is through feedback such as this that we can address any shortfalls and incorporate improvements in the service that we offer to our customers. I’ll forward this to the relevant team for further action.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our customer services by dialing 1913 (free of charge). We’ll be glad to assist you.

Yeah yeah.. yaaaaawn.

They actually had the b@alls to phone me a few days later to talk me through the featureset of the upgrades I could choose from at which point I told them I had it up to the teeth and would be choosing a different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

If you prefer to bookmark rather than use an app then use the following for three.ie's webtext -

http://webtext.three.ie/processLogin.jsp?mobile=<your_mobile_number>&pin=<your_pin>&serviceId=19088&originCountryPrefix=353

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

flodis79 wrote: »
    And if you try to send the same message twice, you get the error:
    "Message not sentThis is a duplicate message i.e. This message was already sent within the last 2 minutes"

Yes, but to different numbers.. FFS.

What browser are you using? I've only started getting this message today since I started using Google Chrome.

Advertisement