Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cbr 250 clicking chain

• 03-06-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

hey guys i adjusted my chain today all the usual things done started on the left side its adjusted perfectly to the line on both sides was seriously loose i brought it one line forward now seems a little tight but its clicking especialy if i wheel it backwards what am i after doing wrong:o:o:o:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If it's too tight, you need to loosen it off a bit so it doesn't cause any extra wear or possibly snap.

If it's clicking, check all the links, there could be a seized link.

And also, lube your chain ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

see i dont want to put it in between too marks ya know???

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

No problem putting it between the two marks, as long as both sides are adjusted the same. :)

As mentioned by Bryn check for tight links, the usual movement/adjustment for chains on standard suspension is between 30-40mm up and down when the bike is on the centre stand,obviously when the wheel goes back down the ground, the chain will tighten up further. You should rotate the wheel to check that you have at lease this much play the whole lenght of the chain, and if a tight spot is found, readjust the chain to allow for it.

Once adjusted properly, if its still clunking, the chain and sprockets may be worn and need replacing. You should always change both chain and sprockets at the same time.

Rule of thumb is if you can pull the chain away from the read sprocket (at back of sprocket) and you can see light between the chain link and sprocket, then it needs replacing.

You can also judge this by looking at the rear sprocket, and if the teeth are particularly sharp and not like a hill shape, then its time to change. Front sprocket wears faster than the rear, as there are less teeth and it travels faster.

Hope than might help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

i put it between 2 marks has sorted it just hope its perfect haha

Advertisement