Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV XGC meet on June 13th - anyone up for that?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. As the title suggests, would any of you lads be up for an SFIV meet at XGC Saturday week? (June 13th)

Just a little suggestion for those bringing their own copies, don't put any stickers on the discs as the heat and disc spinning in the drive could fall off and cause major problems in the drive so I suggest that everyone should remember where they put their disc (which console)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll bring a PS3 copy & at least 2 PS3 sticks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sat week's good for me. I have Nocturnal forum beers this Friday (yer all welcome) so I may not be too human come Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, its not this Saturday :) the one after.

Cheers kokiki! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll try and make this. I need some human opposition since I got my fight stick and my wireless router decided it didn't want to connect to the internet anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sure thing, can bring a 360 copy and a stick.

• Advertisement

Just wondering though, do you guys want to make it into a tournament or we just play a bunch of games? Personally, I'd prefer just playing a bunch of games because then we're just there for a bit of fun and removing any nervousness and seriousness but we can take votes on it.

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Just wondering though, do you guys want to make it into a tournament or we just play a bunch of games? Personally, I'd prefer just playing a bunch of games because then we're just there for a bit of fun and removing any nervousness and seriousness but we can take votes on it.

I would say there's not much point in deciding rules and making it all serious etc before we've even established if we can stand to be in each others presence. :)

Well, most of us would have played with each other or at least been at the same tournament before. :pac: I vote against a tourney though, I'd prefer to just get some casual games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Should be able to amke it, can bring a copy if SFIV, SFIII a stick and a fightpad (all xbox.)

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Well, most of us would have played with each other or at least been at the same tournament before. :pac: I vote against a tourney though, I'd prefer to just get some casual games in.

Yeah but you don't matter, I'm the only important one here*.

... Yeah, sounds good. I could bring a PS3 copy and stick.

*May not be serious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can bring a copy of the game, fightpad and fightstick if I go for 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah I might actually be up for this, if it's just casual. Pending whether my stick arrives by then, I could bring 3 replica saturn pads and a copy of SFIV (PS3).

Never been to the XGC, question for someone who has, have all the characters been unlocked on the machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Great, I'll be up for this! And I vote for casuals. I can bring my copy of third strike for xbox too

I can bring third strike as well if you's want.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I'd be up for this, hopefully I can learn to play on a stick by then. If not I can always use my fightpad.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah I might actually be up for this, if it's just casual. Pending whether my stick arrives by then, I could bring 3 replica saturn pads and a copy of SFIV (PS3).

Never been to the XGC, question for someone who has, have all the characters been unlocked on the machines?

Some unlocked on some machines, none unlocked on other machines.

As for bringing copies of 3S, I brought one last time and some (all?) of the machiens don't have HDs, meaning no backwards compatibility, meaning no Anniversary Collection.

Well, at the second tournament, animaX brought a copy of AC and 3S worked fine. There was a HDD so not sure why there wasn't one last time.

Right, lets keep it casual then. I think we should try to bring as many copies as possible as more copies = more xboxs/ps3s can be used and if anyone has memory units with complete save games (everyone unlocked) if you could bring them too. I'll bring down my copy of SFIV (X360) and memory unit.

About putting stickers on the discs lads, better not as they could fall off in the drive from the heat of the laser and spinning so could cause a problem if it falls off in the drive. Just remember which console you put it in.

By the way, could anyone tell me how much it is to rent a console per hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

http://www.xtremeigc.com/Rates.html

It's 2.50 an hour for xbox so prob the same for ps3. Discounts for members and someone might want to call XGC and work out a discount. Prob wanna work out how to split the bill and some system of gathering money from everyone cause I am guessing not everyone will stay there for the same amount of time. Might come out myself and I can bring a stick and copy of sf4 for ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Codemonkey you play online....if so whats your psn name?

As for attending this...I'm not sure yet. Will let you know when ever I know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Azza wrote: »
    Codemonkey you play online....if so whats your psn name?
    I'm poohbear1234, you know, that loser vega player :'(

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Poor old Vega....he's due for major buffage in 2nd Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm might be up for this, providing I'm not heading out that weekend in the country.

prices times etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I havent been to one of these yet. Definately going. The banter in person is always better than online. Plus, you get to publicly shame people when they get flowcharted. :p

Yeah, I'll contact XGC tomorrow about it. Would be nice to get a discount :). In regards to splitting the cost, I think we need to say how long each of us plans to stay so that we can better manage the costs. So if say a bunch of people plan on staying for 2 hours, then the total cost of all the consoles used should be split into 2 hours (e.g.: 5 consoles, €25 (€5 each as €2.50 per hour x2) / split by 12 players = €2.08 per person (round it down to €2)

I think we'd be set with that system. Actually, this would work out cheaper than the tournament!

For this to work properly though, can everyone just say how long they plan to stay? I myself am easy about it. My max would be 6:15 o'clock though because I'd like to catch the 6:45 bus back or if it finishes earlier than that, 4:45 bus.

So, personally my range could either be 3,4 or 5 hours.

Like the tournaments, I think we could all meet up at 1.

And finally, no, I'm not a mathematician, I'm just very technically minded :)

Depending on how many people show up I'll stay for longer - probably 2 hours at least from 1ish onwards though.

Actually, something which occurred to me. Should we make it so that there are an even number of console for an even number of players (i.e.: 6 consoles for 12 players) or just rent out a few regardless of number of players?

Actually, I'll contact XGC next week so that by then, I'd be able to give a better estimate as to how many people are going so that I don't say tomorrow 8 people are coming and then by next week, it turns to 20 then it'll be a mess to book more consoles.

• Advertisement

I doubt we'll need to pre-book consoles or anything anyway man it's usually not that full.

Advertisement