Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car crash dublin road

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:18pm

Just thought id let people know that there was a fairly bad crash on the dublin road. Traffic is blocked up totally. Avoid if possible. Three cars involved.. totally wrecked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Where on the Dublin Road is the crash? Can cars get around it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Hope nobody was injured!

Is it the Dublin Road or the N6?

Do you know whereabouts? Will definitely try to avoid the area on the way home.

According to AA Ireland it has now been cleared:
    *MAIN TRAFFIC* *GALWAY CITY* The Dublin Rd has just reopened following an earlier collision. Heavy delays remain in the area as a result though these should ease soon. * Eglinton St and Williamgate St (off Eyre Sq) are closed until further notice following an overnight incident. We are told that delivery vehicles will be able to access Eglington St, but diversions are in place. * Expect a slow down on the Dublin Rd approaching the Moneenageisha Jct.

It seemed like it was a pretty bad crash

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Feck. :(

Some day for bad news in this city.

Was nearly involved in a crash myself this morning on the Quincentenary. Was driving behind a skip removal lorry thingy and a bed and a lot of other debris flew off it. If I were a tailgater I'd be toast!

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Feck. :(

Some day for bad news in this city.

Was nearly involved in a crash myself this morning on the Quincentenary. Was driving behind a skip removal lorry thingy and a bed and a lot of other debris flew off it. If I were a tailgater I'd be toast!

On the way to work in Athlone this morning there was a truck which had overturned on the off-ramp on the Western end of the Athlone Bypass. Looked messy but I don't think any other vehicles were involved any haven't heard anything about the truck driver being injured so that's a relief at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Another one on the Moycullen road just before Glenlo Abbey this afternoon, 2 ambulances there with 2 guys in neck braces, at least they were on their feet so didn't look too serious. Car was pretty banged up though, looked like a head on collision.

This has been a strange day for Galway indeed. The crash on the Dublin Road was pretty crazy. Three fire brigades, the cops and an ambulance. It's hard to say what damage was caused by the crash, and what was caused by the rescue, but the 2 front cars had no roofs, the front one looked like it was pretty much torn in half.

Any reports on injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I heard there was one fatality regarding the Renmore Crash

Can't find anything on RTE, GalwayNews.ie or BreakingNews.ie about that crash. If there was a death or even a serious injury all 3 of these sites would mention it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I was walking past the Seapoint roundabout yesterday when a huge metal pylon type thing fell off the back of a trailer. It was at least 10ft long and fell directly in front of a cyclist in the middle of the roundabout. The cyclist just managed to swerve around it, pretty lucky..................

Advertisement