Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfect Dark coming to XBLA this Winter.

• 03-06-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Major Nelson confirmed that PD will be coming to XBLA this winter. Brilliant game that was originally on the N64. Now if only they could get Goldeneye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Theres also a free PD premium theme available for download on the marketplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Awesome!!! :D Been waiting for this for too long already! :D

asalien.jpg
    Welcome back Elvis :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's an okay game that has dated rather badly. It's grand until Elvis shows up then degenerates into crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Hopefully they will have updated the graphics at least.
    I never really played this properly, I was probably playing Goldeneye again instead.
    Worth it? I'm guessing they will squeeze us for 1200points when the time comes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say it will be running on a new engine considering the work they put into the cancelled goldeneye remake.

• Advertisement

I quite enjoyed Perfect Dark, almost as much as Goldeneye. The only thing that really makes them almost unplayable now is the god-awful framerate, which according to the blurb has been smoothed out. (As it should!)

But yeah, Elvis kinda throws a alien spanner in the works, but if you can forget about the storyline (kind of!) it's still a great game for the time

Apparently the engine is massively enhanced, runs at 1080p too...

Free theme:
    screenshot_216547.jpg
    Download from: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109c2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Can't wait for this, loved the original. While I'm not mad about the alien levels, the Datadyne building and the crash site levels are so, so good. Mr Blonde is awesome "You are a flawed device..."!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Apparently the engine is massively enhanced, runs at 1080p too...

It might not be enhanced, easy to get running in 1080p with an emulator. Plus the "enhancements" might be just fullscreen anti-aliasing or some standards like that. Still it'll be worth it for the memories, but believe-it-when-I-see-it for the improvements :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Will be getting this just for multiplayer. Laptop Gun! Hopefully they will make it look a bit better because as was said it has aged badly (as have most proper 3D FPS of the day).

Despite all the awesome ideas in the MP I still always preferd the Goldeneye MP. Not sure why.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking (going from the theme) that a lot of the assets have been re-done, along with the model of Joanna, because she looks different from both her original high-res renders and from the PD:Zero model (Which I didn't like).

Look at the holographic Johanna on the right of the theme pic above to see what I mean.
    The original high res renders looked like this:
    immoralgamers-joanna_dark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I still go back to it religiously to play the multiplayer. I've been waiting to see this happen for a long time.

Some pics here

http://kotaku.com/5280795/perfect-dark-xbla-looks-sharp-no-expansion-pak-required

Basically the same but much sharper. Looks good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Jim wrote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks nice and sharp. Hopefully they can properly fix the terrible frame rate. It's a great game (Up untill the alien levels, and of course, elvis)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Alien levels might not have been the best plot wise but they were still hellafun. I adored this game and some of the guns have not been bettered since their advent like the laptop gun and the one that could shoot through walls in psychadelic vision. I'll be getting this in a heartbeat. Some of the levels in this game were outragously good ( the one that revolved around the elevator in the beginning and the return to the training camp)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The Alien levels might not have been the best plot wise but they were still hellafun. I adored this game and some of the guns have not been bettered since their advent like the laptop gun and the one that could shoot through walls in psychadelic vision. I'll be getting this in a heartbeat. Some of the levels in this game were outragously good ( the one that revolved around the elevator in the beginning and the return to the training camp)
    I do agree, but in fairness they ripped loads of ideas off other games and movies (<-not a complaint).

The Turok series had some awesome weapons to. Cerebal Bore ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I still think that perfect dark was the best muliplayer game ever. Although i spent WAY WAY WAY more hours on goldeneye the weapons in PD made for some crazy matches/tactics. The farsight and thelaptop gun as people have already said....CLASSICS.

I hope they keep everything from the original(including the arms range, the goldeneye levels and weapons that could be unlocked etc). Too bad they made such a mess of PD Zero.

Advertisement