Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway- local elections- Claregalway playground?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if any of the politicians are actively trying to get a playground in Claregalway- that'd get my vote.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Not heard any of them mention it. If it's like the Claregalway by-pass, don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Should the residents of Claregalway not provide their own playground for their own children? I think Kilconly raised funds for their own playground and a lot of other towns build their own, why is it up to the taxpayer?

Just wondering why people think it is the job of the state to supply such things, is it the celtic tiger that has killed voulinteerisim, and the drive for communities to provide for themselves and have pride in their surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Tinder wrote: »
    Should the residents of Claregalway not provide their own playground for their own children? I think Kilconly raised funds for their own playground and a lot of other towns build their own, why is it up to the taxpayer?

Just wondering why people think it is the job of the state to supply such things, is it the celtic tiger that has killed voulinteerisim, and the drive for communities to provide for themselves and have pride in their surroundings.

I thinkn the residents would be happy to provide the funding for one but it's not just as easy that I'd imagine (land, planning etc.).
    I'm not presuming that the state should pay for it BUT there's obviously a chance that some politican is already on that boat and for me that's a big issue that would get my vote.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'm not a politician or an expert on the matter but when developers build houses they contribute to the Galway County Council. Such money should be going back into local amenities/facilities.
    So ask your politician where has all these contributions gone. I know Oranmore have a playground through this funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

they should have done through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thebusoflife

Tinder wrote: »

I don't agree with ya Tinder. I could be wrong but I'd be of the belief that most if not all local Community Playgrounds were mainly funded by some form of State funding. I know the roads amongst other areas need a lot of work, but i.m.o. I dunno would most people be against their taxes going into a Kiddies Playground.

In fact now that I recall, you would often come across local political figures putting Playgrounds into their prospective plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thebusoflife

http://colmkeaveney.blogspot.com/2009/04/kilconly-community-can-take-bow.html

There ya go pdinneen! I guess it's better than no starting Amount! :-/
    So get on tha phone!! :D

Advertisement