Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Idea Generator Thread

• 03-06-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

OK,

The modified section is active enough but I think it could be a lot more active.

Its never going to compete with full sized dedicated forums for modified motors.

So I just thought I'd throw this idea generation thread up to get ideas off people as to ideas on how to make the forum more active.

What would you like to see on the forum that would bring you back on a daily basis or would find very helpful.

So get your ideas on here and we'll see if anything can become a reality.

*please note though that meets are dealt with by the invite only group already on boards so no ideas about meets as there already dealt with

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

People starting up a project thread on the progress of their cars perhaps. I love finding old ones on sites which have hundreds of posts on the modifying/restoration of a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

As above a projects section/sub-forum.

Get some of the motorsport competitors on board and give a bit of a diary on their competing, makes for great reading. Plenty ideas out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1. A good thread of performace car insurance.
    2. Car review thread
    3. Some orgonised member car thread( similar like: post pics of your motor)
    4. Thread with Events going around ireland.
    5. Like people mentioned above: a project threads.
    6. Sub threads for particualr cars: nissan fanboys, celica lovers etc...

So far i am really happy with poeple in here, lads are really helpfull. Its not that busyest place in here, but i just love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

A sub forum isn't really a good idea as it would be too quite and modified motors is already a sub forum of motors.

How about for people wanting to throw up project threads they put [PROJECT] in at the start of the thread title then anyone wanting to search for project threads can search that.

It would probably not be possible to get competitors involved either as they have there own forums that they post to, i doubt they'll find it worthwhile posting here as its not geared towards them really, any ideas on how we could get them involved would be welcome though.

An events thread is a good idea if someone would like to get info on any events coming up they can start a thread and i'll sticky it.

A car review thread is also a good idea, i'll look into a structure of this and start it as a sticky when i get time too.

sub threads for different types of cars isn't really a good idea at the minute, i could see the threads just dying off.

any other ideas? come on keep em coming

Advertisement