Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite UFC quote

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭

A few of mine are....

"I just wanna be remembered as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" BJ PENN

"I'm the Queen" MATT HUGHES

"Matt Hughes is a dick" MATT SERRA

"I'm going to beat you into a living death" KEN SHAMROCK

"He's got the Rape Choke in place..." JOE ROGAN

"Marvin Eastman's cut looked like a goat's vagina" JOE ROGAN

I've got so many more that i just can't think of, and Rampage is a one man quote machine, but just to get the ball rolling.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Goldie - "Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Karate's back! If you have a dream, go hard, it is possible, go hard! Now listen! Lyoto is the Champion, Thank You! - Guess who

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Royce Gracie when he returned to the UFC to fight Matt Hughes:

"this my house, I build it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

" If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change. " (from Rocky)

Nate Quarry after the Starnes fight, great tv

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bas Rutten: “So you’re fighting Minowa.”

Rampage: “Manure?”

Bas Rutten: “No Minowa, what do u know about him?”

Rampage: “I found out his name was Manure, I was like, damn, this guy must be the s#*t!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

During a Noguiera fight in Pride when he is on top, in north south position on Heath Herring -

Bas Rutten - " what advice would you give heath herring "

Rampage - " tell him to keep his mouth closed or he'll get a hairball "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MMAgic

Goldie: "Keith Jardine is lucky his name isnt Keith Johnstone or his nickname wouldnt make sense", ridiculous!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I haven't got this word for word but this is the jist of it anyway

Rampage to Bas " I was kinda Jealous when Kevin Randelman came into Pride cos I wanted to be the token black guy, Damn"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

"In a bar everything is a weapon"

"Dangadata, dangata, DANG"

Bas

Cant remember his quote about the livershot at the moment but its a peach when you hear it in his voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Killme00 wrote: »
    "In a bar everything is a weapon"

"Dangadata, dangata, DANG"

Bas

Cant remember his quote about the livershot at the monet but its a peach when he hear it in his voice.

Im watching the complete run of Pride at the moment and Im falling in love with Bas all over again. The MIB parody was gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

"Doooon't youuuuu eveeeerrrr dooooo daaaatttt agaaaiiiinnn!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

"Lyoto machida will ahve a very bright future int he ufc. Just not right now"
    -Tito

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Joe Rogan (almost every fight) - "He doesn't actually have a grade, but you'd have to say he has black belt level Jiu-Jitsu!"

Classic Goldie - "OOOOOUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR taleofthetape!"

Not UFC, and not just one quote, but the whole interview is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Bas & Rampage are both funny but you just cant beat Don Frye for a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Manhoef is being led to the PRIDE ring on a collar and a leash;

Bas sees this; The leash is then detached from the collar

Bas; "Go; You are free!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Said by GSP

"Matt Hughes, in my last fight you said you werent impressed by me...well in this fight I was not impressed by you!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

“When I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.” - Mark Coleman

“My favorite fighter is Phil Baroni, and I’m pretty sure it’s yours too.” - Phil Baroni

When asked what the Matt Lindland fans would think of his trash talk...

"There's no such thing as a Matt Lindland fan" PHIL BARONI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

not so much a quote as bad information.

ufc 93 they showed bernard dunne & displayed under him that he won gold at the 1992 olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

"Now is the time for black on black crime." - Rampage about Eastman.

"I will beat you into a living death" - Shamrock to Tito, possibly the funniest thing i have ever heard.

The below is a pretty hilarious turn in by Bas:

Bas Rutten: He has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
    Stephen Quadros: Yes, well many of the fighters have a black belt.
    Bas Rutten: Yes, but in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you cant buy your belt like in say, Tae Kwon Do.
    Stephen Quadros: Do you have any belts?
    Bas Rutten: I have a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

cant believe the qoute about the trains wasn't mentioned. I cant find it but i was during an early ufc, big John was in the locker room with a fighter asking him had he any questions and he went on a mad ramble about 'if a train left new york travelling at 60mph and a train left L.A etc...

was funny when i read it first..

edit: The best qoute i ever heard was Joe daddy to Luke in TUF finale, 'luke, i am your father'

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

cant believe the qoute about the trains wasn't mentioned. I cant find it but i was during an early ufc, big John was in the locker room with a fighter asking him had he any questions and he went on a mad ramble about 'if a train left new york travelling at 60mph and a train left L.A etc...

Think that was don frye........

This isn't an MMA quote but i can't resist:
    "He called me a rapist and a recluse, I'm not a recluse"
    Mike Tyson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I forgot about Ross Pointon talking about how he would "release his Chi all over Kendells face".

This was Dan Severn in his corner in the cage just before fighting Mark Coleman at UFC 12, i know this because i have been watching the UFC events in order from 1 upwards.

I'm up to 22 now, you can actually see the sport evolving, it's great. Although those eatly ones are really hard to watch!

"Those UK guys crack me up, 'lets throw another shrimp on the barbie...'" ROB BROWNING

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Tank on fighting (and loosing to) Severn: I dreamed that I was being raped by Freddy Mercury.

Tanks V Matua post fight interview: I’m starting to get sexually aroused right now. You better get that off.

Shammy: I will beat you into a living death.

Bill Wallace: It’s an octagonal octagon.

Jim Brown: All I saw was swinging. ( I miss Brown - the most unintentionally funny commentator in mma)

Another similar Brownism: I don't know what kind of technique was used there, but there was a lot of kicking and punching.

Brown on Tank: Tank’s a fantastic human being, as far as fighting’s concerned

So many Goldie ones but most peoples favourite seems to be: He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage.

Pat Smiths corner during sa fight: Pat! Combinate him!

Cabbage: To all those that thought I would lose…**** you!

My favourite quote was UFC 12 think - Severn (asked by McCarthy if he had any queistions): Yeah, if a train left point A traveling 60 miles per hour and another train left point B . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

"Ouch" - just about all of 'em!.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Pretty much anything Dana White says during TUF 3 (and other series afterwards) relating to Noah Inhofer quitting the show after his missus has suspicions that he's cheated on her (despite the fact that he's living in a gaff full of MEN!). I don't know why, but it cracks me up every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

The guy in "Choke" who talked about the man who beats the man becomes the man, until that man gets beat and then the man who beat the man who beat the man becomes the man

"We have a saying back home, if you're gonna bring it on, BRING IT ON" - mullet maniac bart vale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Fedor laughing at tim sylvia always cracks me up.

"Tim Sylvia" (Fedor chuckles) "It was over very quickly" (chuckles) "He did not hit me at all"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FIV48powyU

Advertisement