Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canvassing vehicles speeding

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Slightly off topic but still related. Saw 3 jeeps decked out in an MEP's posters and signs leaving athenry on saturday evening. they were doing approx 70mph on a 30mph residential road out of town.

then yesterday one of the same jeeps came into my estate blaring out on a tannoy the fields of athenry and a voice over "i'm great, vote for me"

cant wait for this election to be over, dont think i can the cope with much more of this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gerkeo wrote: »
    Saw 3 jeeps decked out in an MEP's posters and signs leaving athenry on saturday evening. they were doing approx 70mph on a 30mph residential road out of town.

You should have taken down the reg numbers and reported them to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fizzgig

In the crescent in Limerick last Saturday, 1 Labour van failed to stop for me on the zebra crossing, while the other one following behind was on the phone whilst driving... you gotta love Ireland !!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

tried taking reg but seriously they were just too quick and i didnt want to speed up to see it.

tried taking reg but seriously they were just too quick and i didnt want to speed up to see it.

Next time, video them and post them on YouTube.......name and shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Slightly off topic but still related. Saw 3 jeeps decked out in an MEP's posters and signs leaving athenry on saturday evening. they were doing approx 70mph on a 30mph residential road out of town.

In fairness they may have been making that kind of an exit for safety reasons.....

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    In fairness they may have been making that kind of an exit for safety reasons.....

What makes you say that ? Nowhere in their post did the OP mention that they were FF or Green party MEPs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

look for the clues!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I expect the drivers were on loan from Blackwater's Iraq contingent, especially if the candidates were FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

look for the clues!

Very good!

Advertisement